main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Twelve Past Victory (H/L, H/L/L friendship, post-ANH) Updated 09-12 (FINISHED!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Moonbeam, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Jedi Master star 3

Jul 4, 2002
    Aieee! I missed two posts! *thwacks DRL*

Well, for the Third Hour, I thought I'd found my favorite line about three paragraphs in--but it just kept getting better. I'd have ended up copy-pasting the entire post in here if I wanted to quote my favorite line. Leia getting angry at the anonymous glittery girl was priceless, as was Han's plethora of colorful nicknames for said anonymous glittery girl.

Fourth Hour--kudos on best running use of the words 'pink' and 'scented' in combination, culminating with:

Pink derived from red, right?

which by itself is just silly, and in context was totally unexpected and made me laugh out loud and disturb my sleeping parents. :D

?Princess, did you paint her toenails??

HA! [face_laugh] Again, totally unexpected and hilarious. Han's fun when he's tipsy. ;) I love the weird directions you have his mind shooting off in--and the seemingly random things he winds up saying because of them.

Yay for the banter at the end! Don't be mad, Leia--kiss and make up! :D :D :D

2. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    There would probably be copious amounts of pink, and that was enough to make him jittery.

LOL! Excellent line! Actually the whole paragraph is pretty funny.

"Hairstyle on life-support."

LOL! Again, excellent! This is a fun read, indeed, LadyMoonbeam :)

J_Girl

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    This is so hilarious! Keep up the great work.

4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    It was all some sort of twisted scheme. Every woman he?d ever offended or left when they started talking about commitment had joined together in an alliance of their own to trick him first into falling in love, and second into attempting to infiltrate the most frightening of all places. Which was, naturally, the female refresher.

[face_laugh] Hahahahahaha! [face_laugh]

Argh, :mad: I can't believe I missed the previous post...busy girl I guess! ;)

LM: The way you write Han Solo...oh my...where do I start? [face_shocked]

Brilliant as always! :cool:

Keep it up girl! :D

5. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    L_M, those past two posts had me absolutely in hysterics! I loved the things Han though about his "dance partner," LOL!

Then I tried imagining Harrison Ford doing a little old lady's voice... *Dies laughing*

L_M, this is a great dose of humor... I'm enjoying it so much. I can't wait till Monday's post! :)

6. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I could *kill* myself for forgetting about this fic- but I'm here now!! And I have to say that the last post was absolutely divine :)- but then they've all been. Anxiously waiting for more!

7. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    TiaRaye--In my opinion, Han and Leia are like an old married couple from the very beginning. A very snarky, love-hate married couple. So they tend to bicker very naturally. And I love H/L bickering!

LadyPadme--Oh, and he's not even close to being all-the-way drunk yet. He's just revving up his engines, so to speak. Wait until the finale...

QueenofAces--Leia as ram. I think you have better imagery than me! Thanks.

bobill--Older, yes. More mature? Debatable. In this situation, anyway. He can say being drunk was an excuse.

Gina--And the Award for Picking Up Bits of Foreshadowing To Be Imporant Later On goes to... And yep. Sometimes you want to smack a guy for delaying.

Solo_Fan--Aw, come on! That would be too easy for Han. I've got to be hard on the guy even when I'm doing comedy with him.

RebelMom--Yes, Han could have been rammed by Leia. Who knows what injuries he might have sustained?

RebelPrincess--Nice to see you! *hands out cookies* Han's head is a pretty busy place, isn't it?

GreatOne--Ready to kill him now and later. It's a consistent preparation. ;)

Sunshine--I don't think you need my muse. I was hysterical after your comments on Leia's hair. Besides, sometimes my muse is a little fickle. But he and I get along most of the time. (And yeah, he's a guy.) I loved your comments!

zsuzsa--I'm glad you liked the old woman comments, because that comes up again in this post!

alhana_antilles--I loved writing the refresher part. It all entered my head right before I was getting ready to go to sleep, so I had to turn on the light and write it down on a post-it note. And Han gets all the fun thoughts. His mind is a tour de force.

Xander_Kenobi--Welcome! Any cousin of Emmi's is a... well, not a cousin, but a friend--of mine. I'm glad you like the Han-insanity!

Emmi--*hugs* I love it when anyone says they like the refresher "pink and scented" scene! That one was such fun to write. Priceless. *hugs again*

Wilhelmina--Wow, great detailed comment! Yes, I know, the Glitter Girl has no name, so Han kept having to come up with colorful alternatives. Yes! I claimed another to the pink-and-scented side! Even if I did assist in waking up your parents... sorry about that. [face_devil] More of Han's wildly shooting-off mind in this post. And they can't kiss yet! They just have to have a lot of romantic tension. Grr.

J_Girl--Glad you're having fun. That's the best part, isn't it? If it isn't entertaining, then it's nothing at all.

Jedi-2B--Thanks!

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine--Brilliant? [face_blush] Glad I made you laugh!

Puggy--I may have to do movies just so I can get Harrison Ford to mimic an old lady's voice. It would be worth the trouble. Thanks Puggy! *huggies*

Miska--No problems in forgetting... you came back, after all! :D Divine? I'm setting up a shrine to all of my readers.

*sets up shrine, accompanied by cake, ice cream, and fudge*

Enjoy that, and enjoy the last half of the hour!

-------------------------

Her response was immediate and outrageous. ?That?s a lot of words for you to slip together, Captain, sure you can remember them all??

He repeated it for her benefit, enunciating slowly. ?And I think I could just go tell everyone how I can get you all riled up just by mentioning it. If I didn?t know better, I?d say you were starting to care what I think about you.?

?You?re imagining things.? He heard her sigh through the door.

?Well, at least I?m imagining things outside of the refresher. I think I might have an edge over you, Princess. You?re the one who?s sulking like her favorite toy got dragged through the mud. Did someone spoil the party for you??

?I?m just waiting for you to leave.?

?Fine. I?m leaving.? Han stood perfectly still and tried not to breathe more than was absolutely necessary. If he was very, very quiet, she

8. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    You?re the one who?s sulking like her favorite toy got dragged through the mud.

Great comparison. Although one could argue that Han is Leia's favorite toy. ;)

By then, after all, she would be swayed by his unbelievable loving prowess, and would be unable to refuse him.

Well, yeah, but I?m an adorable scoundrel-turned-hero.

Gotta love his arrogance. It's one of my favorite things about Han. [face_love]

Princess, in case you haven?t noticed it, I?m just a little bit drunk. If you want an explanation for anything I?m saying, consult an alcohol label.

And so, even though Leia found his jokes amusing (and as well she should) she couldn?t laugh for fear of exploding in a second-rate pink refresher.

The door peeled away from the wall and Han resolutely looked down at the floor, refusing to see the pink decorations. If he looked at them, they would return in his nightmares, accompanied by fangs that dripped pink bubbles.

[face_laugh]

Also, great re-enforcers of the pink refresher.

Getting him drunk was a little like throwing a monkey lizard in an extremely tight cage and shocking him with utterly unpredictable bolts of electricity. Lots of running, lots of jumping, lots of squeaking. He wasn?t a maudlin drunk.

Han evaluated the Harmless Old Woman Who Just Needed to Wash Her Hands.

?Huh,? he said. ?Small galaxy.?

[face_laugh]

This was a great post. It's quite humerous, but carries a great seriousness towards the end (but not too serious. The jokes help to lighten the atmosphere without overblowing it).

Keep it coming! :)

9. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Once Leia ran away with him and started dressing in lower-cut outfits, he could explain that little addendum. By then, after all, she would be swayed by his unbelievable loving prowess, and would be unable to refuse him.

My, my, Capt. Solo. Don't we have a high opinion of ourself? This was so funny.

she was of some strange, humorless species that combusted when they found anything even slightly funny. And so, even though Leia found his jokes amusing (and as well she should) she couldn?t laugh for fear of exploding in a second-rate pink refresher.

LOL!!!!!

?In case you?ve forgotten, my entire home was destroyed yesterday,? she said, her voice dripping with anger. ?I?m sorry that mourning for the loss of my planet isn?t fun enough for you, Captain, but I really don?t care.?

Leia's character always has to be the responsible, strong one trying to hold everything and everyone together. It's easy to forget that she too has feelings and needs to grieve. Nicely done!

10. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Thanks for the cookies, Lady_Moonbeam! *munches cookies*

Wow, Han really has an interesting imagination when it comes to female refreshers...LOL. I loved the new post! Has Han finally said something right for once? Will Leia come out without the complimentary pink club? I need answers!! :) I guess I'll set up camp until the next post :p

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Loved it! :D :D :D

12. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    ?Well, yeah, but I?m an adorable scoundrel-turned-hero. Ready to have swashbuckling adventures, rescue equally adorable maidens in distress, and drink all of your good ale.?

*Giggles* Han is adorable, isn't he?

It would be terrible to live in perpetual fear of exploding around a funny guy like him.

LOL, that's SO something Han would think (and I SO sound like a valley girl *laughs*). I loved the whole "Leia-might-explode" thoughts of Han's!

And the fact that there really was a Harmless Old Lady Who Needed to Wash Her Hands was a wonderful touch!

Well, Lady_Moonbeam, you certainly don't dissapoint! Each hour just gets more and more funny... But with this one, I enjoyed the mention of Alderaan, and that Han said he was sorry. Great work--looking forward to Thursday! :)

13. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    ROTFL!! This is hilarious! Somehow, you've got this unique grip on Han's personality...I've never seen it done before, but your writing style is great! And pink happens to be my favorite color ;)

14. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! I've just had to stop and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh!!!! this is SO wonderful and funny and AHHHHHHH. So great .

?Fine. I?m leaving.? Han stood perfectly still and tried not to breathe more than was absolutely necessary. If he was very, very quiet, she would think he was gone. Or dead. Either one would suit his devious purposes. Though dead might work even better, since then he might get to see her clap her hand to her forehead and say, ?Alas, I should have treated him better!? Then he could reveal that he was, in fact, alive, and they could give up the idea of the Rebellion because that wasn?t so much fun anyway, and take Luke and Chewie and a couple of mint-ale flashes and go off and nicely illegal adventures.

?I know you?re there,? Leia said, sounded exasperated. ?That?s an obvious trick.?

?Be quiet,? Han said to her sharply. ?I?m trying to be dead.?

There was an interested little pause. ?Why?? she asked finally.

Oh gosh, Han drunk is someone I would SO love to hang out with. We'd have crazy adventures..... I've even used the "Be quiet, I'm trying to be dead" on my friends. When's a new post gonna be out? I'm addicted!!!!

15. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Im not even sure I've posted here before! Well, lets just say this is one very hilarious fic! I couln't stop laughing at the ending of the last post! Good Job! L_M

Uppers!

DM

16. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    HAHAAHA you write Han humor so well! It's so cute, yet with a touch of seriousness oh so faintly hinted!

?I?m glad your friend finally came out!? she exclaimed. ?I just had to wash my hands!?

Han evaluated the Harmless Old Woman Who Just Needed to Wash Her Hands.

?Huh,? he said. ?Small galaxy.?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Poor poor han!

17. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    The more I read this, the better it gets :) I am enjoying this very much. The old lady who needed to wash her hands was quite funny! I can't wait to see what comes next.

J_Girl

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Even if Leia didn't laugh for Han, I did. ;)

19. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *pops in*

I can't give much of a coherent reply - all out of coherency, I'm afraid - but I'm reading! It was a riot! :D

More! *repeats reader's mantra*

:p

20. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Just caught up, and it's getting better and better with each hour! There are so many lines I loved that I can't list them all, but I did especially enjoy how Han was trying unsuccessfully to eavesdrop on Luke and Leia, his mental images of the ladies refresher, and the genuine little old lady who needed to wash her hands.

And you're right, Leia is entitled to grieve for her lost world. It was nice to see Han being sensistive to that.

Kristeh

21. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Getting him drunk was a little like throwing a monkey lizard in an extremely tight cage and shocking him with utterly unpredictable bolts of electricity. Lots of running, lots of jumping, lots of squeaking. He wasn?t a maudlin drunk. But sometimes, very, very rarely, he had a moment where his inhibitions were down just enough to let him do something right.

?Please come out, Leia,? he said softly. ?I?m sorry.?

- There was something about that passage that so utterly captured the nature of Han and Leia's passionate, tender, insane relationship. I just loved it!

Wonderful post, Moone!

Waiting breathlessly for tomorrow's post :D

One good thing about being away is that the posts stack up more when I'm back :)

22. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Sorry about the delay! Something was wrong last night, because I tried several times to access the JC, and that refresh screen always came up, but, luckily, no such problem this morning.

alhana_antilles--Thanks! I was trying to get a little bit more seriousness in that post, because Leia's depression had very real roots, but I didn't want to go overboard and turn from humor to angst in a second, so I had to work hard to blend it right in with Han's perspective.

Gina--Yes, a little reminder that Leia is human is always nice to have. She has such an incredibly strong presence throughout the entire OT that it's easy to forget that she must have been grieiving at the loss of Alderaan (in ANH) and Han (in ESB).

RebelPrincess--Answers await you! But if I wasn't clear enough, Leia actually came out of the refresher in that post--she just went straight past Han and back into the party, not wanting to stop for him. Sorry if I confused you. [face_blush]

GreatOne--Thanks!

Puggy--No, you don't sound like a valley girl! The harmless old lady was fun because it just seemed like that extra little light touch needed at the end, and I wanted to throw it in to lighten up after Alderaan's mentioning--glad you like that.

Miska--Wow, thanks. This is my first try with doing Han in a comedic situation, so I'm on the edge half the time, wondering if I've gotten it right or not. And nice favorite color. ;)

A-Windsor--Han drunk is someone we can all enjoy. You've used that line? Great! That makes it more realistic. You can be a sponsor, okay? :D And the posts come out on Monday and Thursday--well, Friday, as the case may be, do to aforementioned complications.

DarthMasan--Thanks, DM! It's always great to hear that I've made someone laugh.

bobill--Oh yes, I was tempted to have the old lady start beating Han with her purse--but I forebeared. Seemed a little cliché. But isn't Han fun?

J_Girl--Thanks. Well, to give you a hint, Leia tries a little bit of the old fashioned revenge on Han for the glitter girl in the third hour.

RebelMom--I think I should pass that along to Han. He doesn't know he's got such an adoring audience. :)

obaona--*huggies* If I can't make you cry, I'll have to settle for making you laugh and doing that well, right? So onward with the huge belly laughs. And if you laugh so hard you cry, that still adds to my count, right?

kristeh--All of the scenes you mentioned were some of my favorites! And yes, Han does get to be a little sensitive to Leia, because he does understand her. His only problem is understanding her for too long, and running out of coherency. And tact.

LadyPadme--It's always nice to come back to a post, isn't it? Wow. I'm grinning ear-to-ear from your compliment--to hear that I've captured H/L is amazing, particularly in humor, where everything always feels slightly askew.

And onwards!

----------------------------

The Fifth Hour

He could have handled finding her sitting at the bar, drowning her tears in a bottle of golden ale. In fact, that would have actually made him feel better. It would have proved that men and women were the same after all, and that Leia wasn?t above resorting to the good old hard stuff to knock her sorrows out. He didn?t expect to see it, but he would have been fine with finding it that way. He could have handled her being back with Luke, if she could have found him, bent over in his somehow calming aura, saying how frustrating, how irritating, but how dazzlingly charming her Captain Han Solo could be sometimes. He could have handled having her up on the miniature stage, doing drunken imitations of Mon Mothma. Or better yet, Admiral Ackbar. He could have handled just about anything. Of course he could?he was a man.

But he found her in the one situation he couldn?t handle. Blast her.

He found her with another man. Another man that wasn?t Luke and wasn?t hi

23. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    haha, Leia strikes back! poor Reflecto boy...

Listen, kid, can you pretend to be a girl for a couple of minutes? Please??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh dear now i'm addicted to Han humor.

24. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Han looked frantically around the room for any girl that he hadn?t talked to that night who was near Leia?s table. Unfortunately, the only person he could see that looked like they might talk to him was Luke. And he doubted that kind of ploy was going to make Leia jealous. Confused, maybe. Not jealous.

?Luke!? Han said in a low, urgent whisper. The kid turned halfway towards him, eyes wide. Han put a finger up to his lips. ?Listen, kid, can you pretend to be a girl for a couple of minutes? Please??

[face_laugh] Begging Luke to pretend to be a girl...if that's not desperate I don't know what is.

Anyway, you really have the humor down. It's great fun to read and stays within the situations and the characters. Again great work!

25. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Sure, he was okay looking, but could he fly? Probably not a ship, though Han was itching to find out if the perfect boy had wings. Maybe a little heave-to out of the nearest window would help him discover it. All in the nature of science.

LMAO! I can just SEE Han walking up to this guy, wrapping his arm around his shoulder, steering him away from Leia and towards the window, and BAM! shoving him right out! *Giggles*

Unfortunately, the only person he could see that looked like they might talk to him was Luke. And he doubted that kind of ploy was going to make Leia jealous. Confused, maybe. Not jealous.

*Wipes tears from eyes* Oh, that was hysterical. "Han, Luke? Erm, what are you two doing dancing... Together?" "Jealous, Your Worship?" "No, Captain. I just... Let's just say I didn't quite expect it. But, if that's the way you swing, then, well, I won't pass judgment. Enjoy your dance, boys."

Great chapter, Lady_Moonbeam! And sorry to hear about your JC troubles. This board can be finicky sometimes, heehee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.