main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Twi'lek Costume

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dia_Zian, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dia_Zian

Dia_Zian Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2004
    Hi! I'm going to try and attempt to make a Twi'lek costume. Has anyone ever made or tried to make one? If so could you please give me any tips or tricks you may have? Thanks. :)

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Hi Dia.

Welcome to the Ontario forums. There are several costumers around here who may be able to help. Where abouts are you from?

I would also recommend you check out the Costuming & Props forum here (under Fan Activities). There are a few existing messages about twileks. Look in the "sticky" index thread (first message) to find the links to the messages. Quite a fair bit of information can be found there.

3. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Hi Dia. I beleive Tessa (sw-starwarsfreakness) of Toronto is working on a similar costume. I am not sure how far along she is but she might have details to help you out. :)

4. Dia_Zian

Dia_Zian Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2004
    Cool! Thanks very much guys! Thanks for helping out the newbie! HEE HEE! Hopefully that helps. :)
    I'm from Ajax. WOO HOO DURHAM!

5. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Woa... Another Twi'lek eh?

Yep, I'm working on one aswell, yet I havn't started yet. The tough part is the Leku of course. What I've seen on the net as of late is the 'stocking aproach' where they put latex into a pair of stalkings and mold it that way.

I actually need to start talking to someone who was supposed to help me with it awhile back again.

Are you looking to create any certain character? I was debating between my Star Wars Galaxies Character and Aayla Secura. Aayla Secura is a bit more slender then me, so that's my only worry :D

6. Dia_Zian

Dia_Zian Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2004
    Yes indeed! Another Twi'lek.
    I agree the Leku seems to be the most challanging part. I just want to make one that moves well, that isn't stiff. I've checked out the net as well. I guess it will just be trial and error. I guess that's what makes it a fun project the challange of it all. I wasn't thinking of doing a particular character. I want to be a jedi but thought I'd spice it up by being a Jedi Twi'lek. I don't really have the body to wear the Aayla Secura costume so I know where you're coming from... But she's my absolute favorite! Just use your imagination! I'm sure it will look kick a$$ when it's done! All I have to decide is what colour should I be? I'm thinking green. How 'bout you?

7. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

I always liked blue, yet I may be purple.

8. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Best method to make a pair of lekku is out of latex rubber. There are some costume manufacturers, including Kre8tive Arts in St. Catharines which work with latex to make custom-molded costumes and parts.

9. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Ya, I was going to ask Graeme about it again. Thanks Nick.

10. Syth-ari

Syth-ari Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.