main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Twi'leks and More: (9/26/10) -- 1 Year Later, It's My Birthday Again - Massage Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Giolon05, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    NOTE: Some older image links may be broken as many of the free hosts I've used in the past have disappeared. You can find nearly all of these images already at my current website, http://www.radiantcg.com.

Welcome to my art thread! This is where I bring the Star Wars universe to the 3rd dimension with 3D renders! I specialize in women of the human and Twi'lek variety. I hope you enjoy your look around!

For easy updating and viewing, new updates will still appear at the bottom of this post, after the horizontal rule. If you encounter any broken links or have trouble viewing any of the images (i.e. Renderosity trying to ask you for a password), please don't hesitate to let me know via PM! I'll fix the problem ASAP. And now, without further ado, the images:

First up is a collage of Daru that I made this to celebrate the release of Episode 3!

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~cyberelf05/Episode-3-Release-Tn-G.jpg]
    Full Image

Next up is Rena:

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Rena-Arrives-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

I know the green lipstick is a bit...strange but Poser crashed on me, and I didn't want to redo the whole image tonight.

I have a few images of Oola as well, but I don't know if I can post them. You'd think it would be ok since this is a Star Wars website, and even though her outfit is semi-transparent, it's accurate to the movies this website relates to.

Anyways, hope you all enjoy! If people like, I can post more.

*Addition*:

Since people didn't yell and scream at me to go away, I thought I'd post a couple more of my images of Daru. She's based on my character from Star Wars Galaxies back when I used to play. Daru's face pretty much captures the essence of ideal beauty in my mind:

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~cyberelf05/Daru-Slave-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image
    Original Resolution
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~cyberelf05/Daru-Triple-Take-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

Now I'd like to note that these are earlier renders of Daru, and as such, her top does not fit quite as well as the more recent ones. This gives her the appearance of being larger up top.

Update 2:
    Here is Oola, cleared for posting (mostly, rightmost image is considered *iffy*, if it's a problem, I can edit the image and repost):
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~cyberelf05/Oola-Triple-C13-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image (slight nudity warning, i.e. probably not work safe)

Update 3:
    An image of Daru I did back for my birthday:
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~cyberelf05/Daru-Bday-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

Oola and Daru together:
    [image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Oola-Daru-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

Update 4:
    Small update here, all three of my ladies together in "Women of Color":
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~cyberelf05/Women-of-Color-Post-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

Update 5 (6, Link Fixed. Soo sorry!):
    Here's an image of Daru ready for action! I finally managed to get some feedback from the boards into this image. I tried to get a little more definition into the skin and pick better textures for the clothes. I await your feedback!
    (Update 7: I felt Daru's pants were cut a bit high, so I lowered them a little bit and re-rendered the whole thing for various other reasons).
    [image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Daru-Ready-For-Action-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

Update 8:
    A new color is here! *Cue the trumpets* Royal Purple -- Ciel arrives! I hope you guys lik

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I like them. It is great that somebody else is using Poser. I just got the program a few months ago. I am still trying to figure out how to use it.

I didn't even know you could change the lip color of the figures with Poser. I knew I could change the skin color, but I didn't know I could do the same with the lips.

So did you do these with Poser only or did you finished the details with Photoshop or Corel Painter? Did you make the lekku by morphing the head yourself?

Which figure is this? I have just the basics--Jessi and James. Are there other's you would recommend? I love the clothes. Did you purchase them from the Poser website or some other company?

Sorry about all the questions. You did a great job.

If you are not sure whether a picture is PG enough to post you may want to run it by our moderator, HanSolo29, first. I know pictures of Twi'leks are sometimes questionable since they wear so little.

AG88

3. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    nice pics! PM me the other pics ;)

4. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thanks for the warm reception you two!

To answer AG88's questions, all of my Twi'lek renders are done in Poser 6 with no postwork except for compositing the collage. My three characters, Daru, Oola, and Rena are all based off of Victoria 3.0, one of the best models to own because it has the most content for it (both free and commercial). You can grab V3 at www.daz3d.com. They've got her free for a limited time. However, to really reach the full potential of the model, you need the head and body morph packs. While a little pricey, once you have them you can create just about any person you desire! I haven't used Jessi much b/c I only recently bought Poser 6. Back in Poser 4, V3 was queen and still is, though Jessi is becoming a fairly popular model to use. As for colors, check out the Material room.

A great community site for Poser is Renderosity. They have a large marketplace and free stuff area of community created content. Don't let "community created" fool you, much of it is top quality stuff. The Twi'lek headtails as well as the Leia Slave outfit come free the free stuff area of Renderosity. You can also host your rendered images there. There is some spectacular artwork over there. If you like Twi'leks, I suggest checking out the works of chimera46, though most of his end up naked.

Anyhow, I'll be PMing several images to the moderator to see if they're fit for posting here.

Again, thank you guys for looking!

5. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thank you, Giolon05! I just downloaded Victoria. I also checked out the other site you gave a link to. There is some really nice free stuff over there. Thanks!!

Umm... that last picture is very good, but Oola might be a little too risque for these boards. :p I know the guys frequenting this forum will definately like seeing her much more than my scantly clad Luke Skywalker pics I have been making. [face_laugh] LOL. Great job.

AG88

6. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Gave the rightmost Oola a little more shadow. There's some photoshopping right there, but that's it, I promise!

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Greetings Giolon and welcome to the forum!

These are lovely studies, and that Poser program seems to be quite the creative tool! I like the colors you've chosen for them, although I'd like to see a bit more contrast in their skintones (by way of more lights and darks to define form and volume)--the faces seem to have a bit more of that (contrast), but the figures sort of "flatten" a bit, form-wise--a few more highlights on arms and legs would help out with this a lot, I think! They look wonderful, pose-wise--very natural and realistic. Looking forward to seeing more of your work here!

FF

8. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thank you for the kind words and feeddback, FalconFan!

9. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I like them. It might be cool to see more detailed textures for the skin and clothing though... I realize that the actresses in the movies were painted pretty much flat colors, but more interesting textures makes for for interesting images.

And I have to say, I wouldn't be surprised if people were "offended" by your images. It seems like a lot of people have to take it upon themselves to be the morality police, even to the point of defining a nude (or semi-nude) form as "obscene." Nonsense. I say keep posting.

EDIT: And I realize that fan art is really an interpretation of someone else's idea... but the breasts on all of the characters are way large. Then again, I have had some models that have had chests like that, so... yeah. Maybe it's the tallness, combined with those breasts. Especially Oola. The woman who played her was a dancer, IIRC, and she wasn't really super ultra buxom. About the textures... I just looked at the blue girl pics... I like the skin textures on her. The metal and cloth could be a little cleaner/more detailed though.

10. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thank you, Thrawn. The blue girl, Daru, is the one that has the most work put into her. She's my favorite. :) In most of the renders, she has an excellent realism script applied to her skin. However, I haven't managed to get it to turn out good results for Oola or Rena yet.

I appreciate all the feedback given here, especially since it's presented in such a constructive way! I'd just like to mention that I am not a texture artist nor a modeler, so I take what I can find/buy for my Poser projects and use them. :) My primary work on all of these renders is in the design of the face, skin colors, poses, and body shape. I realize the body shapes aren't tailored to everyone's likings, but Star Wars is fantasy after all ;)

In the meantime, I do have more images to post that I have already created. In the future I will do my best to take into account some of the excellent feedback I've received so far!

Thank you again for looking at my stuff!

11. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Can't you double click on the chest and then scale down or taper the breasts (if that is what you want to do, of course)? Not that I ever tried that, but I have increased the size of biceps that way. For some reason James often looks a bit scrawney in the arms. Or if the metel bikini top is too big can it be scaled down? I have never tried scaling down prop clothing before. I am not sure if this is possible if they are conformed to a figure.

I do things a little different from you (probably because I still am not skilled using poser 6). I get the basic pose, face, hair and dress and then import my figure into Corel painter or Digital Image Pro 10 (A little like Photoshop). From there I can adjust skin tones, and paint on details of clothing. The Poser clothing just doesn't look natural to me. I also often run the final result through a filter. Only because I don't like the obvious computer generated look I get from Poser.

But I guess it is just practice. Your work looks outstanding. How long have you been working with Poser? If you say 4 months I will cry. That is how long I have had my poser program.

I guess the only thing that looks sort of weird to me is some of the props on the Twi'leks give off shadows and others don't. If the shadowing is not right it appears like the the clothing or headgear are floating in front of the figure. Does that make sense? I think if you import the images into PS or Corel painter and do some touch up work on the shadowing you will have a more realistic image. And I am not talking about a lot of work. Just some simple shadowing around the edges of the costume. I took a couple minutes to give you an example at what I mean: http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6614/shadowing8op.jpg

There isn't much difference but it seems to me that a little shadowing makes it look more natural.

Ack![face_worried] I really hate giving constructive criticism when I know you are leaps and bounds ahead of me working with Poser.

I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful images. By the way, I checked out your gallery and that picture of the demon woman with all the skulls behind her was wonderfully wicked. What a fantastic rendering.

AG88

12. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Yes, it's possible, but that was essentially my way of saying it's most likely not gonna happen. ;)

On my newer renders of Daru, I have fixed the bikini to top to fit better. It's only the earlier ones where it's too large.

I've been working with Poser for just short of three months. Thank you for the compliments.

As for the shadowing, I hadn't really noticed that some of the props don't cast shadows, but the type of shadowing that you showed in your example is supposed to be supported in Poser 6 w/ an option called Ambient Occlusion. I honestly haven't tried to play with that feature much. I'll be trying it in the near future to see if I can get the desired effects out of it. I understand that many people like to Photoshop their Poser images, either because they use Poser as just a rough concept or to create more stylized images, but I have minimal real artistic skills w/ programs like photoshop so I like to get the most out of Poser that I can!

Don't feel bad about the constructive criticism, I welcome it! Every bit helps me make my renders better!

And finally, I'm glad you enjoyed my gallery! I plan on posting almost all of my Twi'lek artworks here over time. I just didn't want to dump absolutely everything at once. :) But if you look at stuff over there, you gotta promise to come back and give me feedback over here when I post them, k?

13. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    I hate you! :_| :_|

;)

Wow, you are a natural with this program. I have been having a heck of a time with it. But, I am trying to work with just the basic program. My budget is a little tight right now and haven't been able to purchase many accessories other than a $10 gun program and a couple cheap pose packages. Now that I know of all the free stuff available, I should improve.

I love the poser program though. It is nice to be able to pose people in the position you want and not have to search for just the right photo to manipulate.

I know what you mean. I can't even draw a straight line. I was lucky enough to have wonderful artists here like Wicktone, Fanfalcon, HanSolo29 and many others give me tons of constructive criticism on my pure photo manips and later on when I added Poser and Bryce. Eventually I was encouraged to try my hand at actual art using Corel Painter.

Still I am in total awe of the wonderful artistic talent in this forum. People who draw with pencil in hand and can make it look like a photograph. It is amazing.

I would appreciate if you look at some of my later Poser works Here and see what you think. I first started with purely photo manips, but later on I added poser 6 stuff. Just check out my NJO series stuff (that is mostly poser) at the end of my first post. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Your work is great. I look forward to seeing more. Don't worry, I will let you know what I think of your work. I am pretty good at giving feedback. :)

AG88

14. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    New image posted. Not to trumpet my own work, but I liked how this one came out so much that I ordered a 23" x 23" poster of it for my wall! I love the stares. I find Daru's to be especially entrancing. I actually made this several days ago so the feedback from these messages hasn't been incorporated. Hopefully this next weekend I'll have some time to do some new works. :)

I took a look into doing some of the "Ambient Occlusion" shadowing, and I found that it requires raytraced lighting to be used. While not necessarily a problem, shadow maps produce softer shadows and can be saved between renderings to speed up rendering time. I do plan on playing more with AO but it takes some tweaking to get the settings right to produce proper shadows w/o creating weird artifacts.

AG88, I have looked at your works, and I'll leave some comments tonight. :)

15. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice work. Those are some beautifully sensual poses. So you made a poster of it. I know your bio doesn't give your gender, but I am going out on a limb here and guess you are a guy. ;)

I bet your are getting a strong male following for your work. Don't get frustrated about lack of replies, I think the majority of the people who frequent these boards are lurkers. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :p

Uh oh, please keep in mind that I usually paint the clothes on myself, so they are not going to look that nice (That is if I even bother dressing Luke ;) ).

Keep up the great work!

AG88

16. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    New image of Daru ready for action! I finally managed to get some feedback from the boards into this image. I tried to get a little more definition into the skin and pick better textures for the clothes. I await your feedback!

17. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Hmmm... when I clicked on the smaller image it was too dark for me to see clearly. When I went to the full image I got a different picture. I clicked through about 6 of your images but I still didn't find the image I was looking for.

AG88

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well these seal the deal for me that I WANT this software program =P~=P~

Your rendering is fantastic and I love how you've posed your pin-up girls. (Although I personally don't quite understand the male obsession w/ Twi'lek's I can appreciate the artistry and work that you put into creating them :) )

The one w/ the large close-up of the blue girl is just beautiful. I love how you paid so much attention to her that you even gave her freckles :)

Can't wait to see more....pictures that is, I think you've mastered showing us lots of skin :p

19. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    It is a great program, especially for us who are not the best artists when it comes to the human figure. I would definately recommend it.

AG88

20. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Link Fixed. Sorry for the mishap. :_| Fair warning, the image is supposed to be dark.

Thank you for the kind words, PLJ. Can I call you PLJ? I'm glad someone mentioned the freckles! I loooove the freckles. :)If you want to start out free with basic stuff, you can visit www.daz3d.com and grab DAZ|Studio for free. Look in my previous posts for references to free materials to use. The Leia Slave Outfit, both versions of Twi'lek lekku, and Oola's outfit were all free!

21. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Ah, now I see. It is not too dark when I view the entire image, it was just when I looked at the smaller picture.

I like it very much. Excellent work.

I especially like the background. Is that something I can pick up for free? Or did you buy that?

I definately could use that background. The half naked woman is pretty good too. :p

Once again, you are doing a fantastic job with the program. I am jealous.:_|

AG88

22. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ooo! Who doesn't love a beautiful Twi'lek that can kick @$$ and forget about taking names? Very nice "ready for action" shot there, with the weapon held easily behind her back! I like the clothing you've given her here--something a bit more practical for fighting! The environment is good, too--sort of harkens to some of the corridors on Mustafaar in ROTS. A very nice render!

FF

23. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    He he, I am very glad to see people like Daru's action look! You are too kind!

As for the background, it is the Generic Sci-Fi Corridor from DAZ, and it cost about $30. It's an actual 3D model and not just a background. It's a bit on the pricey side, but I plan on putting it to good use for a long time to come. :)

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Oh yes, PLEASE call me PLJ, I wouldn't want people getting Carpul Tunnel spelling out my full handle all of the time :p

I've had a problem of not having internet access at home, that's just been resolved...finally! Woohoo! Woohoo! 8-} so I will definitely check out the other sites that you're recommending. If I get any Bday money I'm going to order up Poser for myself, I'm ok at drawing faces and upper torsos, but overall bodies I have a problem with. The only time I've ever successfully drawn the human form was when I was in an art class and we had live models. I figure that the poser "people" can work as my virtual models for my pieces :)

25. Quasarman

Quasarman Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    Hello, I'm new to this forum. Those are very nice images :) I was wondering if those Lekku on their heads were made by PhilC? If so, Aren't they made for V2? How did you get the dancing outfit to fit on V3 hehe? I would rather use V3 if I can so I can use the morphs and such. I got the lekku to fit her fine but not the leotard outfit. Any info you can give me is great :)

I don't use Poser though. I use DAZ|Studio. For any others here who want to try your hand creating 3D scenes, D|S is a free program and can do a lot of the stuff poser can do. They are making it better all the time too. It can be downloaded at DAZ Productions as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.