main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Twi'leks and More: (9/26/10) -- 1 Year Later, It's My Birthday Again - Massage Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Giolon05, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Omnis

Darth_Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    I don't like what I see... I LOVE it!
    I like the Ciel pics.
    That Daru one is cool too I like the positions of the lekku that makes it really realistic:)

2. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Glad ya like 'em DO and KoATAT!

Hi everyone! This is my last render that was done on my old computer a few days ago. It's just Lana. I wanted to have a nice simple image with good lighting of her iconic outfit (sans swords, which I didn't think fit with the pose):

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Lana-Alone-Tn.jpg]
    [link=http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=95]Full Image[/link]

I'm now on a Core 2 Duo machine w/ Windows Vista Ultimate. Poser 7 seems to be playing decently w/ Vista, so I should have some more new things soon!

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    "sans swords, which I didn't think fit with the pose"

Oh, I agree completely--she looks much too demure to be hefting swords here! ;) Although...it's the sweet ones you have to watch out for (I don't know where she could be hiding the vibroblade, but it might be there somewhere! :p)... I agree that the lighting is wonderful on the shiny fabric of her costume--lovely!--and it compliments her skin color very nicely, too! Very cool anklets, as well--yet another wonderful Twi'lek image!

FF

4. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice!!!!!
    I actually like that outfit, Go figure! I think I'll have to modify it and make my doll one of her own :)
    The pose is awesome, and she definitely looks nice. I agree the smiles are so much nicer now than the old ones!
    =D=

5. Hev_Tux

Hev_Tux Jedi Knight

Mar 15, 2007
    PM ME THE NUDE DARU IMAGE ASAP! PLEESE

6. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Mmmmm, Hev_Tux...it doesn't quite work that way. You almost spelled "please" right, but the "CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL TO COOL" formatting isn't getting you anywhere. If you look hard enough, you'll find what you're searching for.

Thanks, Nidrail and FF! I have been working on the smiles, and many of the old ones absolutely make me cringe now.

On a side note, I should have a couple non-SW updates ready to go tonight!

7. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Well, I figured I had done so many Twi'lek images in a row that I needed to let my human girls come out to play! I did this set up on my new computer over the past couple days:

Just Hangin' Around:
    [image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Daru-Human-Apartment-1-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

Still Hangin' Around:
    [image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Daru-Human-Apartment-2-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

Both were rendered in Vue, with the background scenery based on a pack-in scene that I modified (rearrangement, scaling, retexturing the building). Hope you all enjoy this "everyday" take on Daru!

8. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    Ummm... the second link leads to something different, Gio...

9. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Fixed! I forgot I had a guest image posted between the two. :)

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Pretty light and shadows in these, Gio--she really seems to be in her environment here! I especially like how the hair turned out in the close-up--very pretty!

FF

11. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    There we go! That's better! :)

EDIT: Great images by the way! ;)

12. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thanks, KoATAT and FF! I know it's not Star Wars, but sometimes you just have to share. :) Glad you enjoyed!

13. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    The background is amazing. It looks like a photo. It is very realistic.

AG88

14. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    OMG twi'leks are so hot

15. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thanks, AG88. I've decided to get more practice using Vue. :)

Yes, CucumberBoy, Twi'leks are great aren't they?

So, I've got no new Star Wars images yet. I've got a new image coming out in a few days, but since it's another non-SW image, I think I'll hold off on it until the next Star Wars one is ready (should be another week or so). This time it's going to feature a character from Star Wars Legacy, and it might not be who you expect!

16. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Update 50, woo!

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/Misc/Twi%27lek-Bunnies-Post.jpg]
    Full Image

Now do you believe in the Easter Bunny?

Just a quickie for the season featuring Daru and Lana in BVH's awesome Bunny outfit.

Happy Easter everyone!

17. Darth_Omnis

Darth_Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    Now I want a bunny!
    Nice like the clothes keep em' comming!

18. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Nice bunnies

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL! And all I suggested was Spring Break bikini-beach pics...unimaginative Falcon! ;) :p

These look great! Is BVH another artist you know, or a reference that you use...? Great costumes, in any case (and what normal, healthy fanboy wouldn't want a bunny like this...? :p )! Hope you had a good Easter, too! :D

FF

20. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    Cutest bunnies I've ever seen! Kinda' look like Playboy bunnies, perhaps *cough-cough*... o_O

;)

No, really, great Easter pic! :)

21. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    [EDIT]
    Don't know why it posted twice...

22. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Replies:

FF: Oops! The reference to BVH was something I forgot to strip out before posting here (since it doesn't make much sense in this community). BVH is the creator of the awesome bunny outfit that I used in that image (and Rena's standard white strappy outfit).

Glad ya'll enjoyed! Thanks for the comments DO, KoATAT and Bieren! :D

Update 51:

Hey ya'll! No, I'm not dead. I've just been very busy. I'll be getting around to threads very soon, so if there's something you feel I just shouldn't miss don't hesitate to drop me a PM!

First I've got a couple images of my new elf girl, Kaiya:

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Elf-Girl-Forest-Composite-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

I realize there are a few mistakes in this image, but once you reach a certain point, it's just not worth starting over

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Kaiya-In-The-Treetops-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image - Kaiya in the Treetops

The second image makes use of just about every trick I know so far, including a few new ones like the depth of field effect. In the end it turned out to be a little too subtle, but there was a balance I had to try to strike between completely blurring out the hard work I did on the background and having the effect actually show up in the final image. I thought I had reached that balance but feedback has been different.

Finally, my new Star Wars image, this time featuring Oola in a new outfit "So Sexy":

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Oola-Sexy-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

"Caught Off Guard" refers to the surprised expression I was going for (not sure I was entirely successful), and one of my regulars on RadiantCG offered up this explanation after I mentioned that I had originally intended this to be an image of Daru:

[face_laugh]

I figured since Oola has had a little more time off, I'd make it her turn instead of Daru. I hope you'll excuse me if the next image ends up being Daru again though. After all this time, she's still my #1.

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I love Kaiya, Giolon! She looks great, and that pose with the bow is wonderful! Again, I'm feeling the need to duck with that close-up! ;) Superb costuming--very elven!--and the b/g looks great, too (if there are errors in it, I missed them completely! ;) )!

Oola is wonderful as well--very nice work with the shiny fabric. I love the look on her face--for some reason, she seems to be trying to tell us something! ;) Another wonderful piece!

FF

24. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    Link isn't working for me :(

25. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    Why are twi'leks so hot? I'm a friggin human how can something that doesn't exist be sexy? It's **** weird that's what it is. Like Aayla. Jeez...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.