main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Twi'leks and More: (9/26/10) -- 1 Year Later, It's My Birthday Again - Massage Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Giolon05, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Hi there, QMman. Those are indeed the lekku created by PhilC and available in his various freebies. While designed for V2, they work just fine on V3, provided you just parent them to V3's head. As for the Oola dancing outfit, I e-mailed PhilC about the problems I was having getting it to fit V3, and he kindly provided me a version for V3 (which he used as a plug for his Wardrobe Wizard program that does just that, converts clothing from V2 to V3 and a range of other models, way too pricey though to buy for just 1 outfit IMO). To get the slave outfit to work, I used some terrible, terrible walk throughs online about making conforming clothing to modify the original top to fit V3 properly. The slave outfit bottom and boots fit V3 properly by default. If you'd like, I can send you my modified files.

As for DAZ|Studio, I have mentioned it a couple times further up in the thread. While a nice starter program, I simply can't live without some of the fancy features of Poser 6. Also, when I first started doing this stuff, DAZ|Studio was still in beta and didn't have support for deformers which give my ladies their lovely figures. ;) DAZ|Studio now has some sort of deformer support, but you have to buy an add-on, and I don't know if their format is compatible with Poser.

Anyhow, sorry for the technical digressions everyone. Thank you for your compliments, Qman.

2. Quasarman

Quasarman Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    Thanks for all the info Giolon :) I'm going to contact PhilC too I think. Don't want anybody getting into trouble for redistribution hehe. I looked at your other stuff at Rendo... Wow, those are some really nice renders! Hope we get to see more :)

3. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    That is probably the safest bet. Though since these are freely available items, I didn't expect there to be any issues.

Happy Rendering!

Edit: Also, I re-rendered "Daru: Ready For Action!" with a slightly lower cut on her pants. Looks better. :)

4. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    A new color is here! *Cue the trumpets* Royal Purple -- Ciel arrives! I hope you guys like. I gave her some of the nifty skin effects that many of my Daru renders have.

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice. So do Twi'lek's come in all colors? I always wondered why the women of the species are so beautiful and the men so butt ugly. Doesn't seem fair. ;)

Excellent rendering, as always.

AG88

6. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Well officially in the movies we've seen: green, white, blue, red, orange, orange w/ purple and yellow stripes, light purple w/ dark purple spots, and "normal" peachy human flesh color.

Star Wars Galaxies was kind enough to fill in all the other colors in the rainbow (yellow, purple, grey, hot pink and everything in between), as well as more skin patterns.

I've been wanting to do some Twi'leks w/ skin patterns but my texturing skills are somewhere around non-existant. All attempts thus far have been less than fruitful.

7. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    I was hoping to get some more feedback considering I took prior comments from the forum into account :(

8. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    The boards are always slow during the holidays. :)

AG88

9. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    I guess I'll chalk it up to that. :( Though you don't seem to have any problem getting feedback today! :D Love that image.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awesome works! I especially like the ones of Ciel.

11. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    New image posted! This is to express my thanks to everyone who has taken the time to look at my images and post feedback! If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't still be here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

12. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Great work on all of your pieces. I really do apologise for not getting in here sooner and offering support for your art...my bad. But truthfully, these are all so wonderful. I still marvel at AG88's and your ability with this program...its truly amazing the realism and textures you guys have been able to achieve. I'm so in awe! Have you thought about extending yourr subject matter to male twi-leks, or other species of humanoid creatures? Just for a bit of challenge and variety perhaps? I really do like what you're doing here though, such vibrancy with your colour selection and those headresses are gorgeous! :D Keep it up and hope to see more!!

13. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Once again, a wonderful Twi'lek rendering.

I was just thinking the same thing. It is obvious that you have the Twi'lek's down pat, but how about a human. Hmmmmm.... what human would I like to see. Oh I don't know, how about LUKE! LOL. I would love to see Luke fighting a rancor... heck I would like to see Luke in one of your Twi'lek outfits. :p

Keep up the good work.

AG88

14. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Hey, I don't swing by and post in the art thread very often, but with your art I gotta make an exception. Great stuff. Look forward to more.

15. talonstarshade

talonstarshade Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2005
    Woah. Very awesome stuff Giolon05. You have some amazing skill!

16. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Wow, you guys. I'm absolutely speechless. Thank you *very* much for your kind words. I hope you'll come back and look at my future works!

In regards to the questions about extending my subject matter, I do have a portfolio on Renderosity, and not all of my images are female Twi'leks (though most of them are). I don't post the other images here b/c they're not Star Wars. :) As for doing other humanoids, well, I'm not a modeler and until someone provides models of wookies, bothans, or what else have you, they're out of the question. The lekku I use are made for Victoria 3, a female model, but they might work on a male model.

However, that brings me to another point. I don't have any male stuff in my library. :) At the very least, I'd need to purchase the head and body morph packs in order to create the characters I'd want to, and I don't want to make that kind of expenditure at this point. Besides, I much prefer creating beautiful female images.

All that said, some Star Wars human women are definitely a future possibility, so stick around and see what comes up down the line!

17. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    New (old!) image! Bringing an old favorite image of Daru up to my current render quality. Comments? Questions!? :D

18. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Your "fix-up" is beautiful, Giolon--the improved clarity and highlighting in the skintones is easily seen! I love the color of her eyes--that sort of gray color has always been very interesting to me! Very nice!

FF

19. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Grrrr!!:mad: How about some sexy male images for the ladies!!!

Come on, I know that Poser 6 has James included.

You can make a number of Star Wars studs with him. I made Ganner and Luke in a couple of pics without utilizing any photos to change their facial features. That one where Luke had his clothes eaten off was all poser of him. I just adjusted the face in the Face Room. The pic I did of Mace Windu was all poser. I just took James and made him African American looking by changing his skin color and changing the ethnic makeup of his face in the Face Room of Poser.

I know you can do it. You just don't want to. [face_frustrated]

;)

Great job on your most recent revisions.

AG88

20. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Ack! The vehemence! Ok, ok, I'll give it some thought. Thinking...thinking...ok, I'll look into it. Honestly, I've never used the face room. I have no idea how it works. I make my faces with the hundreds of facial morph dials available on the V3 model (OMG there are so many. If my hard drive ever crashed and I lost my Daru/Ciel/Oola models, I'd never be able to recreate them. I should back them up...like 3 copies each). But like I said, I don't have any male content to work with. Which means he'd have to be nearly naked...well you might like that.

Again, I'm considering it. Though I feel like I want to tackle Mara Jade first...

And thank you again for the kind words. Glad you guys like the improvements. :)

21. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    A nude Luke? :D

I wouldn't mind that. Or a nude Ganner, Mace, Jacen, Jango, Boba, Face Loran, Jag Fel, Baron Fel, Lando, Wedge, Quinlan Vos, Kyle Katarn, Talon Karrde, Qui-Gon, Prince Isolder, Corran Horn, Kam, Kyp, young Han, pre-suit Anakin Skywalker, heck I wouldn't mind seeing Admiral Pellaeon .... but PLEASE don't do one of the Emperor in the nude!!! [face_sick]

You ever notice how most of the guys in Star Wars are pretty hot looking? ;)

Mara is always good. I do her a lot because she is a key figure in all the "Romance" fanfics I favor. So all my fanfic cover art usually has her.

You need to experiment with the program a little more. :)

AG88

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee hee - how'd I know that AG88 would immediately request Luke? :p

Your renderings are very nice. I would like to see a variety of clothing options for the ladies ala Jedi wear like Aayla, or like you're thinking, Mara would be a great character to tackle :D

See if you do Mara, then you HAVE to do a Luke also ;)

23. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Bump for great justice and a new image!

24. shigga

shigga Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2005
    Wow you have some great stuff.

25. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice job on the new images. So are you still going to try to tackle doing a rendering of Mara Jade? If you find cool clothes for her please let me know. I have been drawing the body suit on her, but I would like to find a flightsuit or leather outfit.

AG88

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.