main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Twi'leks and More: (9/26/10) -- 1 Year Later, It's My Birthday Again - Massage Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Giolon05, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ah!! I totally agree! You'd be rich! ;) In any case, you've proven what a master at these pictures you are: your image looks just like the Oola from the photo, with very few exceptions! =D= And I like that green better, too! ;) Lovely work!

FF

2. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    OK, G, what happened? I waited til the third day after July 4th but still no Fourth of July pic?!?! Why not? :(

3. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Unfortunately, I didn't have the time for a 4th of July image this year.

Thanks, for stopping by KoATAT and FalconFan! I guess Oola's just not as popular as I think she should be! ;)

4. Darth_Omnis

Darth_Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    I liked them:D .
    It musta took you a long time to get her pose almost exactly to the orignal Oola.

5. Iryla

Iryla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    your work is amazing, do you create the outfits yourself or do you buy them from vendors?

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great job with Oola. You have her costume down perfectly. I like the side-by-side comparison you did. Very nice work getting the pose down.

Fantastic work!

AG88

7. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thanks, DO. It was easier to get the pose down and the rope than I expected, but it still took quit a few sessions.

Iryla: All outfits are from vendors, occasionally with my own texture modification. Glad you enjoyed. :)

AG88: TY! Thanks for stopping by.

I'm going to Comic-con tomorrow! I'm hoping the fine DH people are there (particularly Jan and Jon) so I can get them to sign my Legacy TPB and thank them for bringing us the awesomeness that is Legacy and giving me something to look forward to since LotF is terrible...

In the meantime, I have two new non-SW images, both of which feature Kaiya:

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Kaiya-Sun-Dress-Tn.jpg]
    [link=http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=118]Full Image[/link]

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Kaiya-Sun-Dress-Sit-Tn.jpg]
    [link=http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=119]Full Image[/link]

The second image I made specially to be the desktop wallpaper of my new laptop! Yay! I can Poser on the go if I want now! I'm trying to get network rendering w/ Vue set up but no luck so far.

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great job! How do you get the hair to blow around? Do you work in the hair room or is there a special program for that, or is the hair designed in that position?

All I know is I was forced to learn how to draw hair because I had no clue how to do it in Poser.

Have fun at Comic-Con! Where is that? Is that in San Diego? If it is, I really wish I could be there. That is my hometown. Unfortunately, I left at the age of 17 after joining the Army on September 11th in an irrational surge a patriotism (ironically this September 11th was in 1980 during the Iran Hostage Crisis).

Anyway, I miss home, but the Army still has me away.

Have fun!

AG88

9. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    I always love your backgrounds, Gio. The backgrounds usually make the picture, IMO. And this one is great. Not that Kaiya isn't. She's beautiful. I think you're getting better at the feet. Her feet look a lot better in thgis one than in previous pictures. Well done :)

10. Darth_Omnis

Darth_Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    Man the lighting and backdrop on thoes pics is amazing!
    How long would a pic like this take you?[face_thinking]

11. battle_droid389

battle_droid389 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2007
    I've looked around these pics, and around your site. They are amazing. The textures of the skin, and the clothes make them look so real. Great work. Keep it up

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very, very pretty--both Kaiya and the settings! I especially like the "sitting by the seaside" shot--just a lovely angle, beautiful light and shadows, and a wonderful "feel" to it--kind of lazy and languid! ;) I agree with everyone else, too--your skills at both your characters and the environments you put them into are continuing to sharpen! Lovely work!

FF

13. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    OMG wow, I'm not dead! Shocking I know. Life's been pretty busy lately including a catastrophic computer crash. I lost everything on my hard drive (digital photos, my Poser girls, everything), and had to pay $1500 for data recovery service to get it back. :( Needless to say that was an extremely emotional few weeks. In any case, I've done a few new images since Kaiya that are available on my website, and I'm working hard on a new summer themed pic to have ready by my birthday (next Wednesday). I know it'll technically be fall by then, but it's one I've wanted to do since August when my computer died.

Thanks to those of you who have come by to take a look!

AG88: Thank you! The hair in this case was done with a combination of built in hair morphs, which had stuff like "blow left", "blow back", etc, and magnets to get it a bit more how I wanted it. Comic-Con was indeed in San Diego, and it was my first time to go there. What a unique city! (and I say that aside from the thousands of geeks walking around for the con). Hopefully you'll get to attend someday and visit your hometown. :)

KoATAT: Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't know that I can take credit for the feet, but I'm glad they don't look worse, lol.

DO: Unfortunately, it's been a while so I don't remember how long the pic took me, but it's safe to say it was more than 4 hours (not including rendering time, which again was at least 4 more...probably more).

bd389: Thank you. Please do keep checking back for new stuff. :)

FF: Yay you did come in to see Kaiya! =D Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed the images.[/b]

14. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm not sure if this'll make you feel better or worse what I'm about to tell you. You could have recovered those files for free using GetDataBack. It can even recover from after a reformatting. Atleast now you know 'til next time.

Anyway, great work. Keep 'em coming! :D

15. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    GetDataBack, eh? Sounds familiar... :p

I dunno G05's details, but it has to be something real big to pay $1500 to get it back, unless they conned him. :p If the hard-drives physically damaged, as in molten or something, then a program like GDB won't work any longer.^^

Sorry to hear about that crash, I can only imagine how awful that must be. :(

16. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Corrant_Fett has the right idea. The hard drive was physically dead and couldn't be accessed at all by my computer anymore. :( Believe me, I tried everything, even the freezer trick! Thanks for the suggestions though, CucumberBoy.

Update 56:

Well, today's the day yet again that I turn another year older. It's turned into somewhat of a tradition for me to make a special render on my birthday. Two years ago it was a simple Daru image, last year the present wrapped nearly naked Twi'leks, and this year it's a beach bash to celebrate the last warm days of Summer (yeah I know fall started like 3 days ago). I'll be the first to admit that the beach scenery is not the best. I ran out of time and this is the best I could get it to look before my self-imposed deadline. There may be individual close-up shots from this image to follow.

I'd like to thank everybody who takes the time to look at my images and gives me the encouragement to keep doing what it is that I like to do, and especially, again, to those who have donated to help me with my recent data recovery.

Thank you for looking, and for your comments.

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Birthday-Beach-Bash-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Well Happy Birthday, Giolon!! **brings in cake** Hope you got what you were hoping for (like enough money to pay off the data recovery/new h/d!)! And what a lovely present you gave yourself, too! ;) They all look wonderful, but I'm really liking Oola here! She just looks so happy, waving and smiling--a far cry from being bitten in half by a rancor... **shudders** Nice consistent light on all of them, too. I agree the environment could be embellished a bit more--but really, the "stars" are the ladies, so it's all good! ;) Excellent work, and again: Happy Birthday! :D

FF

18. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thank you for the well wishings, FF! I had a decent birthday, considering I had to work!

On an unrelated note, I will be on vacation from this Friday onwards for two weeks, so I will mostly be out of contact. Happy art making while I'm gone everyone!

19. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    Ah! I haven't checked in a while!! Happy Birthday, G! And great pic!

:)

20. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thanks, KoATAT!

I wouldn't want to spend my Halloween with this Nightsister Force Witch of Dathomir and her pet rancor. It looks like she's not too happy to see you either!

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Force-Witch-Tn.jpg]
    [link=http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=126]Full Image[/link]
    Have a safe, fun, and happy Halloween everyone!

21. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    I like this idea of a Rancor and a female being of any kind together! I reminds me of a picture I once saw of a lady holding a rancor on a leash (sorry, looked for it, but couldn't find it.) Anyway, great job as always, G. Looking forward to maybe seeing Talon :D

22. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Very nice job, I like the design on the witch, pretty freaky. The rancor looks splendid, but generally I'd have preferred the witch riding on his back, but it's cool the way it is, too. This is definitely one of my favorites, the green tone and dark mood is conveyed quite awesomely. :D

23. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thank ya two. :) As for the witch not riding on the rancor's back, I did some work on that, but it was hard to get everything into frame while still close enough to see details. As for Talon, that's the ideal end goal but I've got a long way to go to get there!

Hope everyone had a nice Halloween!

24. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    Wow, nice job. I was never a big fan of goth chicks but the overall piece is awesome. Terrific atmosphere and great lighting.

25. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thanks, CucumberBoy. And congratulations again on winning the Sith Twi'lek contest on dA!

Update 58:

Hi everybody! I've got two new pieces today. The first is actually about a month old but I never posted it here. It went over well elsewhere, so I thought I'd show it to this community. It is my work in progress of Deliah Blue from the Star Wars Legacy comics:

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/DBWIP-Tn.jpg]
    [link=http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=127]Full Image[/link]

Additionally, I made my "iconic" image for Ciel. I went for a more regal pose and demeanor since, to me, Ciel's outfit evokes royalty:

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Just-Ciel-Tn.jpg]
    [link=http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=128]Full Image[/link]

I hope you all enjoy!

I've also taken the time to fix many (but not all) of the broken links throughout the earlier sections of the main post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.