main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Twi'leks and More: (9/26/10) -- 1 Year Later, It's My Birthday Again - Massage Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Giolon05, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    100th post! New Daru Image! Deemed too revealing for the boards, except for the preview pic. For the full image, simply PM me.

Taken from the posting of the image:

The important part here is this is perhaps my 2nd most complex Photoshopping job, attempting to blend the headtails with the head of the original Victoria model. It was a fun excercise, and I'm starting to build a bit of confidence in my photoshopping abilities, at least as far as fixing "blemishes". For the curious, the most complex photoshopping job is the bottom of the skirt on my Holiday Daru image.

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice Daru image. Those Twi'leks are pretty well endowed, aren't they? :p So when are you going to do a sexy Luke pic for me? ;) You can put him in the same pose, but just have him dressed in a Banana thong. [face_laugh]

(I hope that image doesn't give you nightmares)[face_batting]

AG88

3. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Women of Color Plus! Mara Jade cheesecake! I love it! After I saw AG88's semi-bikinified Mara Jade, I figured I should make my own fully bikini-fied Mara Jade.

4. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh, I love the Mara in a bikini! Those look like erotic photos she may have made up for a certain Farmboy. :p

Okay, how did you do her hair? Did you purchase long red hair or did you just change the color of the long brown hair available? Or did the Victoria model already come with long red hair?

I have long brown hair and short red hair for Jessi. I tried to change the color of the long brown hair in the material's room but it didn't look quite right when I rendered it. Any hints? Plus, when I change the color I have to click on the front hair, back hair and side hair and change the color individually. Is there an easier way to do all the hair at the same time or is it a pain in the butt like the skin? Thanks for telling me how to get the skin color the same. That has helped a lot.

I guess I should really read the manual for Poser, but I hate reading instructions.

Great job!!

AG88

5. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Glad to see you approve. ;) The hair is Kozaburo's free Long Hair Evolution (from www.digitalbabes2.com), and the texture is from a $5 pack of textures,"Koz Colors 3 - Real Hair for Long Hair Evolution" by ilona and MadameL, at Renderosity Marketplace. Most of the textures in that pack suck, IMO, but the golden-red hair was too perfect for MJ. LHEvo doesn't officially fit Jessi, but as I'm sure you've noticed by now, you can make anything fit any model as long you've got the grit and determination to make it do so, and hair is generally pretty easy to re-fit. As for setting hair materials, it's just the same as setting skin materials. It's all the same PITA. Saving material sets can be your friend! You'd better believe I've got all my girls' skins saved (and the morphed, magnetized, de-magnetized, and re-morphed V3 models and clothing to go with them)!

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, now I feel guilty for not coming into this thread sooner. I guess I didn't realize what I was missing, but your work is beautiful. You have a very tight grasp on 3D rendering(something I can't do :p ). The poses, faces and clothes are intricatly detailed. In a way, these figures remind me of the people in the Final Fantasy series. I take it you using Poser like AG88? If so, this program is becoming quite popular around here.

Your most recent renderings of Mara are great - both the full body poses and the portrait. I just can't get over the detail you put into that portrait. That's definitely how I pictured Mara. ;)

BTW, have you ever tried your hand at some guys? You know, maybe Han or Luke for us ladies to look at? [face_mischief]

7. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thanks for coming HS29, and thank you for the compliments! I do hope that you'll come back again soon! I'm glad you like Mara. She's such a personal character to so many people. And yep, all my stuff is done in Poser, with some postwork in Photoshop (less originally but more these days) to remove blemishes and artifacts that can't be fixed during the rendering process. I've gotten quite good at airbrushing! Six months ago I never would have been able to do Daru w/o a headband. However, in my latest image, fixing Rena's knee joint turned out to be a bit more than I could successfully pull off, so it had to stay the way it is (please don't rush off to stare at it, lol!).

Regarding "guy" images, I am trying to work on a Luke, but it is extremely difficult to create a face that exactly matches someone that is so easily and instantly recognizable. I likely won't be able to pull it off. It's always easier to create an EU character because they don't have a famous face associated with them. I may end up having to make a Corran Horn or some other EU character.

That said, I don't have a whole lot of personal motivation to make any. It's like...I have a certain amount of free time, and I can make the images I want to make for myself or the images that others want me to make. Now there certainly are some characters that I'd like to do, but the desire is generally less than other images I want to make. I have been getting a lot of pressure from these parts and some from my family to do some male characters, but interestingly I got a message from a female board member today saying "thanks for not doing any yucky luke pictures... being a girl I really didn't want to see anything like that...". I [face_laugh] because it's completely opposite of what most of the other female friend and members around here have been sayin' LOL! There will definitely be some kind of warning "This is NOT the same as my typical art" so you can know what to expect, he he.

So eventually there will be some male character based images; however, what and when I can't say for certain.

8. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    To the top for Valentine's Day!

9. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice Valentine's day image, Giolon05. I do think you need to make her breasts bigger, I think this one can see see her feet. ;) :p

And when are you going to make me that Luke Skywalker pic?

Oh, I was going to mention that you might want to check out some of the requests over at the Open Call Request Thread. There are some requests that I think might be perfect for you.

AG88

10. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    From the Feburary Challenge thread:
    Daru's breast size has not changed for nearly 6 months now. Perhaps you're merely seeing what you want to see. ;) And no, that's not the default figure of V3. You can see V3's (mostly) default figure in the Ellie image I did for princess_melissa.

And Luke has stalled, it's not working very well. I haven't done much Poser in the last few weeks anyway.

Thanks! :)
    Giolon

11. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    I've got a new Daru image available, but this time via PM only.

PM me that, would ya'? ;)

12. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    Very nice Daru pic! ;) Thanks!

13. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, KingOATs! It's still available by PM for anyone who wants it. :)

14. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Two new images today (on the first page as always)! 1 Star Wars, 1 not. This could be the last update. Will it be? You decide.

15. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Well I still come on and look when there's updates!
    I am not a fan of low cut outfits, as you well know, lol, but I think your work is amazing, and as you know it has inspired some sewing fits for me, much to my delight. The pictures are still coming, but I haven't gotten them in yet.

Alright.
    LANA is VERY nice!! Once more she has a VERY Twi'lekky outfit, but I do kina like the armor and yet free flowing design it has, and it just might inspire some kinda dress design that'll be cool and do the origional justice. And every time you update, your getting so much better with the people, as far as posing them and faces and skin textures and colors and everything, it's really impressive. I used Strata 3D for a while until I switched computers and found I didn't have anough room for it. :( but It was smashing fun using 3d images and such, but I never bothered trying to do people, because mere shapes were very interesting to create. True, I never once read a tutorial or manual, lol, but learned from scratch. If I had followed it farther, my brother (who is amazing at 3d starships) would have shown me more but I kinda got sidetracked. :)

SOOOOO.... if you still do post in here, at least you'll know I'LL be watching. :) AND when I get the pictures in for what I sewed, I'll send them along. I only hope you'll like em'... lol alright, I have to go, more learning how to sew I have, and the pillow awaits.

Take Care, Keep the faith and God bless!!!!!!!
    ~Nidrail

16. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Holy-cannoli! Dude, you've created some awesome artwork. Seriously, you don't just rock, you rock the Kazbah! :cool:

17. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Sorry, it has taken so long to reply. I have been busy working on some coverart for a friend's fic, I have been writing my own fic and I have been running a Fanfic writing contest over at another site. So, when I can get on the computer I have been pressed for time.

With that said, I love your new creations. I especially love The Guardian. Her hair is fantastic!!! I am probably the only one who told you that. I don't think many of the guys get their eyes much higher than chest level. :p But that is wonderful hair. Is it naturally red or did you change the color in the Materials Room? I want to get hair like that for my "Jessi".

I finally did figure out how to upload that V3 program that was free. I also downloaded a free Michael version also. I haven't been using Victoria because I really don't like her face. It just looks too hillbilly to me. Like Daisy Mae with freckles (Oh boy, I am probably dating myself with that analogy ;) ).

Unfortunately, I also don't really like Jessi's face either. What I really want is a Poser Model that has the face of Angie Everhart. She was the actress that was the model for the Survivor's Quest bookcover. When I was doing just photomanips, she was the actress whose face I used most often for Mara.

I also love the outfit she is wearing. Sweet. I need to buy some more clothing. I do pick things up when they are on sale. What makes me mad is when I buy something and I am told I have to install the product by hand. I contacted e-frontier and they have a wonderful techsupport. They gave me a two page step by step process as to how to achieve this, but it is so long and complicated that I don't know if I will ever attempt it.

Sorry, I am rambling. Great job on your most recent renderings. You are doing a great job!!!

AG88

18. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Thank you to the three of you who came by and took the time to say hello! What you've said is extremely nice, and I thank you. I'm not, however, digging for compliments. All feedback is great, and what I need to hear. Don't like something? Tell me! Think something could be done better? Tell me! Love it just the way it is? By all means, tell me! If nobody says anything, I have no way of knowing anybody is even looking or cares that I've brought something new along. Even my "challenge" entries pretty much seem to get passed over as if they don't exist. :(

Direct replies:

Nidrail: Thank you! You should try more with the 3D stuff. I'd love to see what you come up with. Still looking forward to seeing pics of those sewing projects. :)

Wolfguard: Thank you!

AG88: I sent you a PM w/ some information on where to get stuff to fix up V3 so she's beautiful and not a hill billy. :) All of my girls are made with V3, and you don't think they look lik hill billies (or do you!? o_0). The hair on The Guardian is Jada Hair from DAZ3D, and that is one of the colors that came with it. I've wanted to pick up that hair for such a long time and it finally went on sale!

Speaking of sale, Bryce 5.5 is on sale right now for like half-off! I think I'm going to have to jump on the opportunity and pick it up.

Thank you again to you guys. You keep me going. I haven't decided yet if I'll post further works or not. It's tough to gauge how much interest there is left here. I've got several non-SW pieces I plan on finishing up first, and those should take up my spare time in the near future. If on the off chance you want to see them, don't hesitate to PM me.

Peace!
    --Giolon

19. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Well, hey, I might do more 3D stuff, but my current computer doesn't have enough memory to do it, or the space to hold the program. My other computer, on which I had the 3D program (Strata 3D, if you've heard of it), up and died on me, it had a terrible reason for doing so (the crazy metal case fried the mother board, and the father board too :D) but that was that. When I get a larger computer, I probably will do more 3d stuff in me spare time, as I do enjoy it. Once more the pictures ARE coming... just takes a bit to get some free time at the same moment as my technical genius brother who has the camera. :)

Oh and by the way, there's a star wars website that has a wallpaper contest, and I enter every month, and its been 5 months now. Never won, never even got close, and not ONE person commented on it. I just figure you know sometimes people miss it. It happens.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Nidrail_335/000111AniPadmeinterestingdoubleWall.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Nidrail_335/Starswouldfall.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Nidrail_335/11110000padmeobiwansweet.jpg

Alright: Constructice criticism. (sp?) On the Lana one, the only things I thought could be better, was that IMO, Lana's headtails are a bit... fat, er, pudgy, if that makes sense, if I had done it I would have sized them down a bit. But that is just me. The only other thing is that her arm bands, the band on her left arm (on the right side of the picture) is crooked, and as such the bands vanish INTO her arm. Ow. :) Other than that I see nothing wrong with the picture. course, If I had done the picutre she would have more of a dress than a bikini... :)

The guardian looked good to me, though, I didn't see anything wrong with it, and I did love the hairdo.

Keep the faith and God bless!
    ~N

20. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I like both of the new ones, Giolon, but most especially "The Guardian:" the temple-like wall there behind her is just gorgeous. AG88 is right about the hair (and that most replies don't get "that far up" on the comments, lol!)--it's just beautiful. I'd like to see you add in/darken the shadows behind your figures more, even if you had to paint them in with another program--there's normally a strong light source in each rendering, and it would follow that the figure would cast a strong definitive shadow behind it--on the floor, on walls or structures behind the figure. I think it would give a lot more "weight" to your beautiful characters and give them a real sense of being in their environments. This is really the only suggestion I can make--the figures/characters themselves are quite lovely, with wonderful movement and color. Excellent additions to the gallery!

FF

21. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Hmm, quite a few new ones since I was last here :)

"Daru: Ready for Action" - probably my favorite piece of yours. Nice design, nice lighting, nice pose full of attitude! Good job!

"Royal Purple" - I love the little tatoos you gave her. It's a very delicate look.

I like the Christmas images. The human Daru has a really nice outfit. She seems a bit stiff, though. Maybe she's been standing out there in the cold too long ;)

The "Branna Ne'dolo" pic is pretty cool. The tunic seems a bit off, maybe somehting to do with the edging. Was it off-the-shelf or something you had to manufacture?

"Twi'lek Paradise" - I swear, these girls must be using some serious space-age tech to remain in an upright position [face_laugh] ;) I prefer certain female attributes a bit smaller, but to each their own!

"Lana, the Vibrosword Dancer" - Hey, I've never seen an orange Twi'lek before :) Are they canon or are you just experimenting with some new color schemes? One quibble: the background and her outfit are a bit too similar in value. Makes it a bit hard to pick her out entirely at a glance.

"The Guardian" - Chest region... generating... own gravitational... force... Eyes... cannot reach... escape velocity... [face_hypnotized]

Looks great! Love her face, love her hair, love the background. Thumbs up!

22. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Nidrail: Thanks for the feedback now too! I think your wallpapers are well put together but I don't get the whole Obi-Wan/Padme thing. I've thought the wrapped headtails model I have is a little on the "pudgy" side myself, but I don't know how much I can do about it. I have never thought of trying yet, so perhaps in the future may come out better. As for the armband, I noticed the problem much too late to want to go back and fix it. That's about an hour long render and manually fixing it w/ postwork looked like it would take more time than I'd want to spend. Next time it'll be perfect!

FalconFan: Thank you! I had been dying to get that hair and put it to use for some time now. It finally went on sale so I bit the bullet and picked it up and it's probably my favorite hairpiece yet. It's got tons of options to play with. =D As for shadows, I don't know that my photoshopping skills are enough to do that manually yet, but The Guardian does have a moderate shadow on the wall behind her, just not on the floor. :( These set pieces are often hard to get shadowed properly b/c of the complex lighting set up to get lit properly. I'll keep working at improving my shadows though!

Darth_Snuggle: Thank you for coming by! =D I know my style tends to render the ladies rather large, but that's my style! =D Perhaps I can be convinced to do some smaller ones, but hey at least you can see proof that I can do normally proportioned people in Ellie and Branna. Regarding her tunic, it was an extreme cheap off the shelf purchase, but I had to create my own texture for it, and I didn't like the cut at the neck so I altered it myself. Then the guy I did the character for wanted it shorter than I originally made it so I had to chop it off a bit. For Lana, you can see yellow-orangish Twi'leks in the KOTOR games as well as a yellow-orange Twi'lek w/ red/purple stripings in Episode II during the bar scene. I made the mist match her outfit fairly closely b/c I did want her to disappear into it. Perhaps it didn't work out as well as I think. Thank you for all the compliments and suggestions!

Thank you all for coming by! Please do so again in the future. =D
    --Gio

23. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Well, I am not into the obidala fan club (i don't get it either, and I much prefer the ani/padme story anyways), but they themes you have to go by every month. So that month they had a Padme and Obi Wan, so that's what I did.
    Thank you for the complement, though. :)

Ok bout the Lekku, that certainly makes sense. There's only so much twisting and contorting you can do, and that I do understand. I was always trying to twist the 3d ships and stuff into other objects, so I do understand.

Take care, keep the faith and God bless!
    ~N

24. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Ah, that's right, there are some more uniquely colored Twi'leks in the KotOR games. Guess I was just thinking of the standard hues :)

As for having her disappear into the mist, matching the colors is a good start, but it could probably use more filtering/manipulating in front of her to convey that effectively. Some good old airbrushing combined with filters should do the trick.

25. Nidrail

Dec 2, 2005
    Actually, in the new trilogy, there were several new colors.

Katie Lucas played a pink twilek with purple spots in episode 2,
    http://www.jedinet.com/prequels/episode-ii/images/katielucascameo.jpg
    http://www.sithclan.net/episode2/katielucas.gif

And then theirs Ayy Vida... wearing an outfit the same color as her.
    http://216.127.78.103/~dutch-starwars.com/database/personen/pics/ayy_vida_1.jpg
    http://216.127.78.103/~dutch-starwars.com/database/personen/pics/ayy_vida.jpg
    http://gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/sty2002/ayyvida_bg.jpg

BTW I got my website up, with the outfit I sewed off of Giolon's BEAUTIFUL christmas dress, all that is at my website, which is in my signiture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.