main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive TWIN STAR WARS ARTISTS UPDATE 12/10/05

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheHateSwelling, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHateSwelling

TheHateSwelling Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Hello, our names are Matt and Mick Glebe. We are on a quest to become Lucas Film Approved! Our mission is to exspress our unique visions of the Star Wars universe to the galaxy! Please let us know what you think! Email us at: Dvader006@cox.net

http://members.cox.net/twynsunz/twynsunz_art.htm

Thank you and May the Force be with you.

2. Darth-Jith

Darth-Jith Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    WOW, you guys are great!!! I love the Obi vs. Anakin dule and Dr. Jones the best!!! Good luck on getting approved!:cool:

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow!

I think the best are Anakin vs. Obi, and Obi-Wan putting away Anakin's lightsaber, very powerful.

4. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Wow those look great. I really like the one of Obi-Wan on Tantooine.

Ry

5. Anison

Anison Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2000
    Wow... :eek: Those are fantastic! I love the one of Vader holding his helmet... you guys are very good at portraying unseen moments with realism and emotion.

What medium are you using for those? It looks like acrylic or possibly colored pencil.

6. TheHateSwelling

May 22, 2005
    Matt and I like to generally use mixed medium to do our colored art work. It usually consist of colored pencil, charcoal-pastel, and ink. We really enjoy the idea of comming up with the scenes you would like to see that was never in the movies. Thank very much for the feedback!!!

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow!! If you're gunning for jobs at LFL, you're both well on your way, I'd say!

Welcome to the forum, and thanks to both of you for sharing all this awesome work! I was really impressed when I looked at each piece, and am doubly so now that I know they were all done in traditional media--Bravo!! Beautiful work on all of them (I guess the one with Anakin and Padme holding the twins, and Obi Wan between them was one of my favs--sort of a "heart-tug" in that one!)! We're all looking forward to seeing more!

FF

8. TheHateSwelling

May 22, 2005
    Thank you very much! We are doing our best to think out side the box. The kind of "what ifs" or somthing that you never saw before, but you knew should have happened at one point or another. What was Ben thinking when he arrived at his solitude on Tatooine. Or what would have happened if Anakin had never gone to the dark side. We're hoping that these kinds of things can connect with all of you --give you that good old feeling again. Thank you.

There is more on the way!

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...your work is amazing! I really enjoyed looking at the original compositions such as Obi-Wan in his hut on Tatooine and Anakin carrying Padme away. Your color work is also very detailed and vibrant! I'll have to agree with FalconFan and say yes, you two are well on your way to great things. You mentioned seeking a job with LFL but are you professional artists already?

10. TheHateSwelling

May 22, 2005
    HanSolo29- "You mentioned seeking a job with LFL but are you professional artists already?"

I think that really depends on what you consider to be a professional.
    Over all, we have been working as a freelance graphic artist for four years now. We believe there is always room for improvement. We grew up with Star Wars and felt this great connection with it. Hopfully by getting exposure with our artwork we can then eventually get to that point of being considered a professional artist. To become Lucas Approved would be a dream come true. Again Thank you.

11. mMathab

mMathab Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    No words can describe the effect it had on me. Thumbs up for the Obi-Wan House. Love it

12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow! I absolutely love your work! They are all awesome, but I think I like the one with Luke and Darth Vader the best... but that is because I am a big Luke fangirl.

I am not an artist so I am not sure what it means to become Lucas Approved? Does that mean you can sell your SW drawings for profit legally or something else?

AG88

13. Omnis

Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    Matt's X-wing-Luke is all warped and stuff. Cool coloring, though. All the robes look real nice.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Absolutely fantastic work [face_love] I love how you focus on the legacy of the Skywalker family :) The colors you both use are incredible. You truly push colored pencils to the creative edge.

I love the alternate ending picture - if only it had turned out that way :_|

Great work, can't wait to see more.

15. TheHateSwelling

May 22, 2005
    We are back with a couple new pieces from the Star Wars universe! We have also included other illustrations from our portfolio. We hope everyone enjoys them as much as we did creating them.

Thanks!

Mick and Matt Glebe

16. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    thats awsome! I especially love the Obiwan pic. I didn't realize where he was in the pic but when I enlarged it, I was like, "whoa..." :) pretty well done. and also emotional.

17. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Those are all great drawings. I have to admit that my favorite is the Non-Star Wars drawing of Captain Sparrow (That is the name of Johnny Depp's character, wasn't it?)

Great job!!

How is it going on getting Lucas approval?

AG88

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Stunning artwork!

19. Darth-Jith

Darth-Jith Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    DUDE, THOSE ARE FREAKING AWSOME!!!! I love the Commander Bacara! You don't see too much of him! He's a cool clone you don't get to see all the time-- never got the respect he totally deserved in my opinion.

Do you guys sell your work!? When and if you do get approved can I buy some copies or something?

Good luck and may the Lucas Approval be with you!

20. talonstarshade

talonstarshade Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2005
    Holy biscuitsandgravey! This is some good art man!

21. bludgeon

bludgeon Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2005
    WOW! I like your stuff. I hope you get the recognition you deserve. Keep up the good art work and post more art in the future.

22. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    The incredible detail in Matt's "Knight" is stunning, and Mick's evil Anakin is simply wicked. Those two are absolutely amazing, though my favorite has to go to Kenobi in his hut. Brilliant stuff.

You'll be sure to continue updating, won't you? :D

23. TheHateSwelling

May 22, 2005
    Thank you all very much for the great feed back! You are all very encouraging and we are hoping to have more Star Wars artwork for you to view soon.

24. TheHateSwelling

May 22, 2005
    Hello again everyone! Matt has just created another piece that is from the original trilogy. Luke Skywalker in one of the most climactic moments of the Star Wars saga on Bespin! Let us know what you think of this new portrait.

May the Force be with you all and Happy holidays!

Mick

25. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    They are all beautiful. I especially love the drawings with Luke in it. I also really like the one with the clone trooper and the painting of Anakin staring ahead and looking all scary. Wonderful drawings.

I need to print some of them out. I have been practicing drawing clothing and can use your drawings to give me some ideas. The clothing looks fabulous! I can never visualize how fabric and leather should bend and flow. The clothing I draw never looks right. :(

Anyway, all of your work is great!!! Bravo!! =D=

AG88

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.