main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Two DH comic series going on hiatus

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kaje, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    According to [link=http://fanforcept.blogspot.com/2008/04/ffpt-interviews-randy-stradley.html]this interview with Randy Stradley[/link], Dark Times and Rebellion will be going on hiatus after their Vector installments, to make way for Clone Wars cartoon tie-ins.

Lame.

2. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Five credits say they never come back, sadly.

3. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    My heart stoped until I saw that it wasn't Legacy [face_worried] [face_tired]

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The two series I'm not actively following, lucky. Well, at least it's better than getting rid of KOTOR and Legacy, which was my first thought when I saw the title. Can't say that I like replacing it with more Clone Wars, though.

5. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    So DH is basically resurrecting Republic?

I hope they do bring back Rebellion at least; the continuation of Dark Times might be problematic because of the Live TV series.

6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Aww. Crap. That's a real disappointment.:_| For more freakin' Clone Wars? Cartoons at that? I figured that Rebellion was going to be cut. I really like the comic but I suspected it wasn't long for this world with the 4 part Deena arc.

Dark Times going on hiatus. Wow. All of what? 12 issues will have come out?

Instead of continuing the Dark Times and Rebellion series immediately following their ?Vector? issues, those series are going on hiatus so that we can roll out a new Clone Wars comics series -- and a new Clone Wars digest-sized series (similar to the Clone Wars Adventures books, but with full-length stories in each volume).

Dark Times and Rebellion will probably return early next year. In the meantime, KotOR and Legacy will carry on the momentum generated by ?Vector.?

Mmmm. Can't wait for those NEW Clone wars comics which are already like Clone Wars Adventures. God knows we as fans never shut up about CW Adventures...(sad attempt at angry sarcasm.)

Well, this makes my comic collecting easier.[face_frustrated]

7. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 13, 2000
    One series I follow in TPB goes on hiatus and two that I will pick up come out. Thank you Randy, take my wallet, please.

Who is gonna be writing these things. Thats what I want to know.

8. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    This is sad but at least KotOR and Legacy will still be around. [face_praying]

9. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Just my opinion, of course, but I think there is already too much Clone Wars stuff.

10. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Well, before anyone gets too upset at DH or Randy, we have no idea what sort of influence that LFL has on what gets published, and there's little doubt that LFL is going to want the CW television stuff heavily supported, so DH has to look at how best to use their publishing slots, just like any publisher.

We don't and most likely will never know the things that go on behind the closed doors of the franchise, so all I can say is thanks to the creative teams involved in Dark Times and Rebellion and I hope we see them again sooner than later, and I hope people don't jump all over Randy and DH for something that is almost surely partly or heavily dictated by the franchise owner.

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 2006
    This doesn't seem like too big of a deal. Though it's been derailed by delays, the publishing schedule calls for six or seven months between arcs of Rebellion and Dark Times anyway --- if both series return early next year, it won't be very different, and even if they take until mid-2009 to return, it will really only be a difference of a few months. If anything, this will just be giving us more comics while we wait for those two titles to resume.

My question is, will Rebellion and Dark Times resume at the same time? Or will they continue to (try to) do alternating arcs?

Besides, this will give Doug Wheatley sufficient time to draw the next arc of Dark Times. :p

I wonder how much creative control the folks at Dark Horse will have over these series? It could potentially be an opportunity to smooth out the inevitable continuity glitches of the animated series, and help them jive with previously established Clone Wars stuff.

12. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm not upset with DH or Randy at all. I love DH. I totally understand that LFL calls the shots in the end. I've just had my fill of Clone Wars. That's all. And the idea of comics much like CW Adventures just doesn't wet my appetite in any way. But no, it's not the end of the World.[face_tired]

13. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    It really is a pity. If it were because of some other project, I'd be ok, but more clone wars? [face_shame_on_you] I hope they are really coming back next year.

14. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Force Ghost star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I don't read any of those series anyways..

15. Trip

Trip Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Meh, Rebellion and Dark Times always seemed kinda superfluous to me anyway. Especially the former; while the era has mad potential, the chosen subject matter is boring as all get-out.

A tie in to the TV show, though, excites me equally little. I want Star Wars: Origins already!

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oooooh, I like the sound of that, Trip.

The two series I don't follow gone. Fair enough. Hopefully the Clone Wars comics don't fill up all the remaining gaps in the three years... as I'm assuming the cartoon series will fill months 31 to 35...

17. Bob_Dole_

Bob_Dole_ Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2003
    It's a pity about Dark Times. Rebellion I couldn't care less about, but I'm won't be satisfied until we see that Verpine Jedi again.

18. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I'm hoping those two come back. Or at the very least Dark Times. I mean, we have to know what happened to K'Kruhk and his FREAKING SWEET HAT.

19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    No biggie. Those are definetly the weaker half of current ongoing SW comics.

20. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Am I the only one sad to have to wait almost a year for more Rebellion stories? I loved "The Ahakista Gambit," since it focused on minor characters, something we don't get enough of, at least in that time period. Darca Nyl's appearance alone was worth the cost of buying that story.

21. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    You are not the only one who's sad. I loved "The Ahakista Gambit," more than the last two KotOR arcs and I L-O-V-E KotOR.

22. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    Sensible actually.

Hopefully it'll free up more artists to do duty on Legacy and Kotor. The latter desperately needs it judging by the art credits for the already solicited issues.

23. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Rebellion - won't miss it.
    Dark Times - that really sucks.

I'm assuming Dark Times is being removed due to the problems with the artist and the upcoming TV show.

Thankfully its not Legacy. But, if I had to pick 2 arcs to be discontinued, I'd rather it had been Rebellion and KOTOR.

24. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Ok. But what was/is the point of Vector, then? I thought it was a crossover (or cross-through) to get more people reading all four comics. This must be a kind of a disappointment for the team that designed Vector. Do the big highly advertised crossover and then stop the two comics that needed the Vector crossover most and hoped to boost sales from it. :confused:

25. Nobody145

Nobody145 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    This isn't some late April Fool's joke is it? Or maybe I'm just particularly dense.

Oh well, at least KotOR and Legacy are still going, that's the important thing. Seems kind of odd to stop both series right after Vector is over. Don't care much for Rebellion, but Dark Times still has potential. But ugh, not more Clone Wars stuff. Oh well, guess it makes sense with the upcoming movie/TV series. Maybe they'll be able to assign more artists to KotOR and Legacy now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.