main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Two of A Kind -- (creche Qui/Dooku) ~~COMPLETED 7/7~~ Cover Art Added 9/29~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    *delurks* See, told ya I would come!

DEFINITELY worth the wait. I simply loved it!

2. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    OOhh, sweet stuff, Layren . Dooku is so very protective...and li'l Qui is so cute. :D . So the Council is ruffling up Dooku's feathers...hmmm.

Nice work. :)

3. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Hey Layren!
    This is really cool!

Qui-Gon and Dook are so cute!

Love it!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finally catching up... loved the extra long post. Hmmm, I can see where the Council's actions with his master may very welll have been caused Qui-Gon to become such a rebel. I do like the both of them in this Layren!

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    It was adorable. Qui-Gon was quite the little Jedi while still wishing for his friend. Dooku should know better than to tell the Council off but I guess his temper got the better of him.

Great job.

6. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Aw, that was lovely. I really liked Dooku's interactions with Qui-Gon. Purple lakes are cool!

Should be an interesting mission, eh? :D

Looking forward to more!

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Maychorian, Thanks! I'm really glad you liked it! THanks for reading and I"m so sorry about your loss.

Dianethx, Dooku is still without his control that he has when he's an adult ;) Yes his temper got the better of him, thanks for reading!

Healer_Leona
    Thank yoU! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Qui-Gina Jinn, Thanks! It's great to see you again!

Princess A, since when doesn't the Council rile up Dooku? ;)

Darhassant Hehehe. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!

Darksaber, I'm glad it was worth the wait! I hope this post is too! I'm sorry my muse is gone on vacation. I'm trying to encourage it back, but I'm sick and that's hard when you're sick. Enjoy!

VadersMistress Wow! I guess you really do ;) Here's more!!

8. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Chapter 7

Dooku relished his time on Chandrila. He had gone to the popular beaches several times and enjoyed himself immensely. The Prime Minister had spent many hours with the apprentice talking about defensive strategy and building up their defense systems. He always enjoyed talking to the man.

The days turned into weeks with no pirate attacks. Dooku was beginning to wonder if there ever would be one or if his master had invented the assignment to get him away from Coruscant. /Exiled?/ He mused. /Well there are worse places to be exiled,/ He thought ruefully.

He was walking along the beach gazing out at the sunset. Vivid reds, pinks and oranges all seemed to melt together in their dance across the sky mingling with the purple reflected off the water.

A stray thought crossed his mind as he wondered how Qui-Gon was doing. He had picked up some sand and some purple water and a shell into a small container to give to the boy when he returned that he thought the lad might like. He smiled thinking of the child. It was amazing how such a small child could make such a big ripple in his life.

He looked forward to taking the boy to Chandrila when he was older. /Listen to me, as if he?ll be old enough anytime soon,/ he thought in amusement. Laughing at himself, he turned to go back to the lavish quarters he had been given.

He needed to soak before bedtime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon sat in the floor of the gardens playing by the lake by himself. He missed Dook. His life had not been easy while Dooky had been away.

Several nights he had awoken from nightmares of Dooku getting hurt. Without warning, water suddenly drenched him, shattering the uneasy tranquility he had managed to achieve. He looked up, startled wondering who had intruded on his peace.

?Hey tree boy, where?s your big friend?? N?hirik sneered. Without Dooku around, he could make this one pay for getting him in trouble.

?On Cha?? What was the planet?s name again? ?Chandrila.?

?Pish, Yoda just sent him so he could get away from you,? the green skinned boy said gloating.

Qui-Gon?s face crumpled, but he would not cry. Was it true? ?You?re a liar!?

?Jedi don?t lie, Quiggy,? he taunted.

?Well you?re not one then,? he said glaring. ?If you hurt me I?m going to tell!?

?Want to run that by me again Quibrat? You little Sith, nobody who talks to trees can be a Jedi,? N?hirik said grabbing him by the collar of his shirt.

Qui-Gon tried to pull away. ?Let go!?

?Not a chance, Quiggy. You?re mine.?

?I don?t belong to you!? Qui-Gon said angrily.

?Well I think you do.? He reached up to grab Qui-Gon?s hair and tugged his head backward.

Qui-Gon gasped in pain as N?hirik tugged on his hair. He lashed out with his foot, kicking him and N?hirik let go of his hair but held on to his collar as he danced on the spot with pain.

?I?ll teach you, brat,? he said and smacked him hard, sending his head back.

Qui-Gon yelped as his head snapped to the side and tears ran down his cheeks at the force of how hard he?d been struck.

?That?s right Quiggy, cry for me,? he taunted.

Qui-Gon glared at him and bit down hard on the hand holding his tunic.

N?hirik yelled in pain and let go quickly. ?Why you little Sith!?

Just then Master Rayeln came hurrying over having heard the commotion. ?What?s going on here?? she asked sternly. She had heard a slap followed by a cry that had brought her running.

?This little brat bit me!? N?hirik said in anger.

She narrowed her gaze and looked at Qui-Gon. He had a bruise on his cheek that was forming. ?Was that before or after you hit him?? she asked sternly.

N?hirik?s face turned red and he glared at Qui-Gon, but didn?t answer.

?Did you bite him Qui-Gon?? She asked.

Very reluctantly Qui-Gon nodded.

Master Rayeln sighed. She pieced what happened together and grabbed both boys by their arms and began dragging them back to the crèche. ?We do not tolerate fighting here at the Temple.?

N?hirik glared at Qui-Gon. Now he

9. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    :_|
    Poor Qui!
    Such a cute story, I love it!

10. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui :( gotta feel for the kid there. And N'hirik [face_laugh] that kid is a riot. Always picking on Qui-Gon for shame of him!

11. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Poor Quiggy! He needs a little love. [:D] :* [face_love]

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, serves him right. ::Ducks.::

13. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Behind more than I thought - but loved the extra, extra long post :D

Yoda harrumphed. "Work with me flattery will not."

LOL! I loved this! That sounds so much like something Yoda'd say :D

Hmmm, I definitely had a sneaking suspicion that the Council would be none to happy about the forming bond - but again - go Yoda for sticking up for your Padawan!! Very glad that they all came to a workable decision.

And it seems like even the Jedi aren't immune to bullies - though I bet you he wouldn't dare pick on a full grown adult Qui-Gon ;)

Great Job!
    Rogue

14. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Awww, poor Qui-Gon! *Hold bully in air using the Force so he can't get to my beloved Qui-Gon*

15. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Porr Qui! Naughty bully! AAHHH! Want more!

16. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    I really like this story. Quiggy is so cute. And I like your Dooku, it makes so much more sense that at this point he's basically a good guy with a few flaws. And that he has the connection with Qui-Gon of not being the typical jedi. And listening to trees. :)

17. Artemesielle

Artemesielle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    omw... Qui-Gon is ADORABLE!!

;.; That bully is MEAN. I say... they should be kicked out of the Order for crap like that. It's NOT cool.

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor little kid. trying so hard to be good and yet he is getting picked on. Doesn't that little brat realize that picking on kids will get you kicked out of the Temple? No one is going to want him as Padawan with that attitude.

Good job.

19. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    [:D] to little Qui. [shakes that bully] How dare you???
    Oh, what's going to happen to Dook that makes Qui have bad dreams?? :eek:

Nice work. :)

20. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Kateydidnt Yep .. poor Quiggy!! thanks so much! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Kynstar Yeah he's not going to get to be a Jedi with that attitude ;) Thanks for reading!

LilQui-Gon Poor little guy he does need a hug. I'll be happy to give him one ;) Thanks for reading!!

DarthIshtar Fighting never solves anything ;) You're quite right :p

Rogue I don't know N'hirik would dare quite a lot of things ;) He's not too bright sometimes ;) Thanks for reading!!

Darksaber LOLOL!! Maybe Dooku should try that next time ;)

Darhassant More will come soon :)

Lovely-in-Orange Thank you! He was a Jedi so at some point he would have had to have been good ;) I'm glad you're enjoying the story!

Artemesielle Thank you! I'm so glad you like him! Welcome to the boards!

dianethx You're absolutely right ;) only problem is .. he doesn't know that ;)

ithesock You'll just have to wait and see! [face_devil] Thanks for reading!!

Everyong Summer Fanfiction award nominations are going on now!! Every nomination counts :) Check out THIS Thread for more information :)

21. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Poor Qui-Gon!!!

I'm beginning to not like that annoying N'hirk persona...
    How dare he treat Qui-Gon that way?? VERY un-Jedi-ish....

22. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Well, I kind of already told you all the things that caught my eye over IM...so I'll just say here that I'm glad you reminded me about this again and that it's great and I'm so glad I got to read it again and that N'hirik deserves whatever Dooku is going to dole out to him.

23. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    :eek: N'hirik needs a good kick in the . . . hrm. Little brat. He needs counseling. I was hoping that creche master who came along would realize what had happened, but no, poor litte Qui got castigated too. What else was he supposed to do, just put up with it? Call for his Dook (I love that name, btw)? No, the council effectively eliminated that option . . . ::grumble, grumble::

I liked that Dooku was thinking of his little friend though, and picking up souvenirs for him. That was sweet. Looking forward to more!

24. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Qui-Gina Jinn YOu're not the only one who doesn't like him ;) Thanks for reading!

Alethia Dook will not be happy that much is for sure ;) Thanks for reading!

maychorian You're absolutely right. N'hirik does need counseling. But she couldn't just let Qui-Gon get away with biting even if it wasn't his fault. Hehehe Thanks so much for reading!

Chapter 8

A week later, Dooku was sleeping peacefully in the lavish quarters he had been provided with. It was in the early morning hours of the predawn when the alarm klaxons began to wail. He sat bolt upright hearing the alarms and he fumbled for his robes. He cursed himself for not being more aware. As the weeks went by without pirate attacks, he had fallen into complacency. Angry with himself now, he stumbled around pulling his boots on and belting on his lightsaber.

He quickly finished dressing and headed out to meet them.

He cursed as he came out of his quarters and saw the pirate ship not far away. Another ship landed not far from that one.

/They?re trying to box us in./ He thought, his mouth tightening into a thin line. He had to keep them from getting into the city.

He ignited his blade after calling for security reinforcements. Brandishing his saber, he ran to meet them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon awoke in the early morning hours screaming. Dooku had been hurt. It wasn?t a dream this time. He felt it.

Master Rayeln came running having heard Qui-Gon?s scream from the front office. ?Qui-Gon, what?s wrong?? she asked going to the distressed boy and hugging him warmly.

He burst into sobs, unable to say a word through his tears.

She rubbed his back soothingly and gathered him in her arms and began to rock him. ?Shh?it?s alright.?

Eventually he calmed down enough to be able to say, ?Dook got hurt.?

She frowned slightly. ?In your dream?? This was nothing new. He had been having nightmares off and on while Dooku had been gone.

He shook his head negative. ?I felt it,? he said sniffling.

She frowned even further. ?Qui-Gon, you can?t possibly have. He?s several systems away.?

?I did too!? Qui-Gon insisted stubbornly.
    ?Alright well, let?s go talk to Master Yoda in the morning, okay? He will be able to help,? she said.

?Promise?? he asked sucking his thumb, a habit he?d picked up while Dooku had been away.

?Would a Jedi lie?? She asked him, patting his back.

He shook his head.

?Well then, there?s your answer.? She said fondly looking at him.

?Kay,? Qui-Gon said agreeably resting his head on her shoulder. His eyes drifted closed and within minutes he was sound asleep on her lap.

She smiled down at him watching him sleep.

After a few minutes she rose and put the boy back in bed. Was it possible that even at this young age, Qui-Gon had formed a bond enough to be able to feel things from a great distance?

She resolved to keep a closer eye on Qui-Gon during the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that morning, Master Rayeln took Qui-Gon to see Yoda as promised.

The venerable Master smiled as the pair of them entered his private quarters. Qui-Gon bowed as he had been taught. ?Hello, Master Yoda.?

Yoda leaned on his gimmer stick before replying, ?What help can I be, Rayeln?? He asked the crèche Master.

?Master Yoda,? Rayeln began. ?Qui-Gon has told me that he felt Dooku get hurt.?

Yoda?s face grew instantly serious. ?Felt it did you?? He asked Qui-Gon.

The boy nodded.

The Master stroked his chin thoughtfully. ?Odd that is. Call we did have and hurt he is.?

The crèche Master gasped. ?So Qui-Gon really did feel it??

?Puzzling it is that distance makes no difference with this pair. Meditate on this, I will,? he said. ?Padawan Dooku on his way home he is after having a vibroaxe wound and a broken leg.?

Qui-Gon winced. ?Will he be okay?? he asked.

Yoda smiled at Qui-Gon?s concern. ?Fear not young one. Alright he will be. The Healers here, care for him they will. Visit him you should while hurt he is. Did the s

25. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Yay! Poor Qui, having that nasty dream. And sucking his thumb--that's definitely a sign of insecurity. He needs his Dook.

I'm glad he's coming home!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.