main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Two Towers Exhibit/Harry Potter Movienight ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TheGrandePoobah, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocket_Man

Rocket_Man Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    I've already seen the exhibit (quite good, especially the Dead Marshes), but I wouldn't mind hooking up with people afterwards. It takes about 1 - 1.5 hours to go through, so I'll hang around outside starting at 3 PM and look for you all.

2. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Well, it looks as if I might not be going after all...my mom doesn't want to go to downtown and my friend's dad doesn't want her to go either cause of that recent news... [face_plain] :(

3. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I personally think that news is bogus, We have nothing to do with everthing towards the war on terrorism, Bush isn't calling us a Great Ally, why are we getting targeted?

I'm still going, and I have to take the buss to get there.

Ami

4. bacardijedi

bacardijedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Hi everyone,

I want to come to the H.P film but not the Exhibit, and I too want to know where I can get hooked up with you all! Where do you think you'll be going for dinner? I'll be dancing 'til 3:45 or so. I can join you from about 4:30 on.

5. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

GAHHHH! stupid news.

okay, well heres my take on the situation. If you live in fear, well then those who seek to put you in fear win. If you live your life because each day counts, then the bad guys can never win.

Don't let words stand in the way of living your life, be careful but don't fall prey to the malicious words of others.

Celebrate whats good about life. Enjoy the world, you only have one life to see it all.

6. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    I agree with you Elewyn. And, I'm not really afraid, like, I know Canada is a safe country, right? It's my mom and my friend's dad who don't want us to go to downtown.. [face_plain] I'm really pissed now...it always seems to be my luck...everytime I get the chance to meet you all, I can't.. [face_plain]

But, I hope you all have a good time on Saturday. :)

7. Bertramtalespinner

Bertramtalespinner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2000
    Well I went to Crownsville Maryland Thanksgiving weekend, and nobody shot me.

Course they were still to busy deciding who they were going to have play the sniper. I would've gone with a wackier single sniper myself, but I'm not directing that show.

As to Two Towers, when you get out, wave to us, we'll be in the line for the 3:00 showing.

8. KaraCat

KaraCat Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    How can I recognize you guys? I don't remember too many people from the swap meet. Will there be a sign?

Also if we're bringing a toy or food, is that going to be carted around all day?

9. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    For anyone meeting us after the exhibit, feel free to call my cell to find out where we are, where we're going, etc so you can meet with us.

Kara, I've PMed you the number.

10. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    If you come just for the movie - best place to try and meet us would be the Uptown, a half-hour before showtime. If you don't see us lined up out front, assume we're inside already. We'll try to save a couple extra seats for late-comers.

Should plans change, I'll try to leave a note posted somewhere outside the theatre in a somewhat obvious spot.

--

I'm going to be headed out to the ROM shortly. See you all at 1:30pm near the entranceway to the LotR exhibit. For those of you new to the group, you'll be able to recognize me by me Star Wars necktie.

We're trying for a 2pm entrance, but if they're swamped, be prepared to wait until 3pm. The weather says that the day will be rain free, however it will be cold. As cold as it was in May, even. So bundle up.

11. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Have a great time, guys! Let me know how they are!
    I'm seeing HP tomorrow with Phi, Wolf and SarahSkywalker :) I'll be in TO to see the LOTR exhibit the last weekend in Nov.

12. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    Awesome show guys, Its too bad we all went in at different times, there was so much I wanted to take pictures of and just plain take for myself. . . Me drooling over Legolas, Yes I'm a pervy Elf fancier! and way proud of it! Can't wait to see the movie!!

*counts down 32 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes, 10...9...8...7*

Stefy

13. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Well it sounds like people had a good time! sorry i couldn't make it today, but stuff came up and then it was too late to meet up with you all.

I'll be heading off to the exhibit tomorrow though so this pervy hobbit fancier (in training) will soon have her tolkien fix for now......

I hear Harry Potter was faboo. can't wait to see it!

14. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey all,

I had a great time today. The exhibit and the movie were both great, and the best part was just hanging around with everyone... that's what really makes the 4hr (each way) drive worthwhile. A special thanks to those who brought food-items to be donated to the food bank. Remember, we do plan to carry our little food drive right through the holidays.

Here's looking forward to Two Towers Dec 18 and our other holiday events. Keep an eye on the website for these to be announced... and for photos from this event.

15. bacardijedi

bacardijedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Hi all,

I had a great time last night. I wasn't crazy about the first Harry Potter movie, but this time I really enjoyed The Chamber of Secrets. And it's really nice to see everyone again. It seems as if it's been a long time, although only a month and a half. Guess that's long enough!

We're doing Christmas stuff? Yay! Do tell!

16. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    And a good time was had by all.

Hey, did you know that cameras weren't allowed in the exhibit? Neither did I! ;)

Though everything was shot from the hip, so my composition sucks! And I would have liked to use the flash...oh well, these are my results. If anyone notes errors on my naming conventions, please let me know so I can correct them!

Here's my pics

17. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    KEN! You criminal. I'd almost say you were slipping.

The show was awesome, good fun, and one of the corpses in the dead marsh didn't belong.

18. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    No Legolas? :(

LOL! Nice shots, good job!

Steffy

19. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Hey, guys: It was nice to (briefly) see you all - accidentally! Twice! I hope you enjoyed the movie as much as I did.

20. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Why no pics of Arwen's and Eowyn's dresses?
    Saw it yesterday, IT ROCKED! (See LOTR thread for details ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.