main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tyrannical actions

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Indecent, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indecent

Indecent Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002

Originally posted in JC communication, who deemed it unfit for thier attention.

Issue(s) on the path to resolution...go towards the end of the thread.

2. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Not everything here is a conspiracy mate. Have you considered this:

FYI: The Irish board will be among the boards up for deletion. This is because hardly anyone who posts there is Irish/resident in Ireland and it has become a mecca for spam.

Irish members will be able to gain their own chapters as and when they qualify under the rules.

-Darth_Asabrush

So, we await your refute that the following was not true.

¤Night

3. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Sure. Seeing as they retained the Northern irish boards, but apparently amalgamated the Irish boards to the british isles regional, this is an afront to the people of ireland. To retain the n.Irish boards (even more SPAM filled as you guys would say... still waiting on that cool SPAM defination) and delete the irish boards show a flagrant disregard for the opinions of the irish posters that use this board.

4. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    My original suggestion was to delete NI but keep Scotland, Ireland and Wales as they are more autonomous (as boards). Then NI could become resurrected if and when it fulfilled the requirements as for other 'English' chapters. Ne'er mind. [face_plain]

5. green_cross_code

green_cross_code Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 11, 2000
    As I told you in Communications, there is no English board either.

The sooner you release the ridiculous delusion that this is some English conspiracy, the better.

6. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    So what your saying is "Oh we're not say the irish are english, we're saying they are british"... yeah thats soooo much better. How would Canadians feel if they were amalgamted into a general North American board?

7. green_cross_code

Jul 11, 2000
    Why should the English be any more happy to be amalgamated into the British Isles board than the Irish? Even more important to your argument, how can it possibly be English (or British) tyranny towards the Irish for this to happen to both countries?

8. green_cross_code

Jul 11, 2000
    And we aren't saying the Irish are British, we are saying they are in the British Isles. That's a simple geographical fact. It's what the group of islands are called, not what I or anyone else here decided they should be called.

9. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Because the English, by thier own defination, ARE British. The Irish are NOT is this so hard to understand? Why should we exist under a foriegn states name?

10. green_cross_code

Jul 11, 2000
    My previous post explains all that.

11. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Uh, no it doesn't. maybe your missing the point. maybe your asleep. You appear to have completely ignored my grievances. But then, your english and i'm irish... no surprise there, eh? These actions constitue a pro lyalist stance by the administration of this board. favouring either faction is a disgrace, and tantamount to war.

12. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    LOL

Technically there should be a 'United Kingdom' board (England,Scotland, Wales and NI), and Eire should have its own board in 'Europe' if we are going to be 'proper' about it... :p

13. green_cross_code

Jul 11, 2000
    You complaint is increasingly ridiculous, and your shift towards xenophobic rhetoric only reinforces that.

If you have a problem with the definition of The British Isles then you need to take it to the international geo-political arena. There's nothing the JC or FF can do to change it.

14. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    It appears you have the defination problem. You seem hell bent on claiming irelan as your own, Attempting to belittle my argument by labelling me a xenophobe is a failed attempt at clawing your way to the highground. You obviously see fit to ignore statements that do not fit with your world view... are we going to have a rehash of the old "I'm a mod, i know better" argument?

15. ramble

ramble Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    He has a perfectly valid point, not one which is xenophobic. The Republic of Ireland maybe part of the British Islands but it is not part of Britian. Now Wales and Scotland have thier own seperate area and Eire and England do not.

And Geographical its the borders of a country that seperate things, as it is part of the British Islands it is still a seperate country, such as Belgium been seperate to the rest of Europe, and Canada not been part of USA

16. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I believe that you are on a rant. the Mod has explained the point. And I agree with him. get over it.

17. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Get over it!? Jeez thats helpful. Hey, if your just here to kiss ass, please find somewhere else to do it.

18. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    There is not Ireland board or English boards as they were deleted in the reorg of the british isles board.

Posters on them were notified before it happened, and it was explained that if people wanted an Ireland board they needed three posters from Ireland to request it. As far as I am aware no one from the Republic of Ireland has requested the board.

19. ramble

ramble Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    It maybe a rant but perfectly valid, the Mods have chose to take a 'I am right your wrong attitude' instead of getting into a proper discussion.

Terms like 'Get over it' are also not helpful so either make a vaild point that can be discussed or stay out of the argument.

20. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I made a valid point. Green_cross_code explained it perfectly well. name calling on your part will not change that. Instead of ranting here. get your people together and make the 3 posts nesseary to get your own board. It's not rocket science.

Get over it

21. green_cross_code

Jul 11, 2000
    Find me one reliable information source (in Britain, Ireland or anywhere) that says Ireland isn't in the British Isles. I'm not stating my opinion, here.

Personally, I'd just as sooner see the group called "United Kingdom and Ireland," but then I'm sure there'd be complaints from the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands because they aren't part of the UK.

The fact is that The British Isles is the only official term to describe all the countries included within this group of islands.

Don't blame anyone here for the complexity of the situation.

"You seem hell bent on claiming irelan as your own"

Where have I even suggested that? If you want the truth, I'd like to see Northern Ireland given back to the Republic, too. I have no imperial desires, and neither do the vast majority of English people.

The only thing that's come out of this is your clear hatred of the English, and that is fuelling your complaint.

22. Harry_Hill

Harry_Hill Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey, green_cross_code: I think you need to slow down a little and think before you post here. You did exactly the same in the other thread, ignoring the main thrust of the argument. This was my point about Great Britain.

What you need to understand is that there is a political tension between Ireland and Britain. It is standard practice on these boards to avoid upsetting people of certain nationalities, beleifs, religions etc.

Indecent is trying to explain to you that the removal of the Irish board is upsetting because it harks back to previous British/Irish tensions, however unintentionally. Do you see now why your "there's no England" argument holds no water? This is the point you missed when you claimed my ridicule was misplaced.

As a mod, your responsibility is to address Indecent's points in a concillatory manner. You clearly failed to do so in the other thread, only serving to inflame the problem. If you're going to hold the title of mod, please act like one.

And before you say it, do not try to claim that your posts have been reasonable, and that Indecent "started it". Your posts were condescending and uncaring, and whoever starts it, it is up to the mods (inc you) to act tactfully and clamly to diffuse the situation.

23. green_cross_code

Jul 11, 2000
    Harry_Hill: Of course Indecent started it, by labelling the actions as tyrannical.

If you can find a better solution, go for it. I don't see that there is one.

24. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    Indecent's post was very belligerent in tone. I think GCC has done well in responding tactfully and with reason. I wouldn't know how to answer the question any better than how GCC and others already stated.

25. ramble

ramble Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    So we have Mods here that instead of been considirate to all points of views, we get the old childish 'He started it'

Wow, great leadership and people skills at show here. In fact let get all these Mods in running for goverment, so when their intense politcal discussion over wars we can be safe in the knowledge that its right to nuke someone because 'he started it'

The point is, there was no explanation from any Mod until LV (who is a CR) how the Irish would go about to get a board back. Maybe the conversation started with a bit of an intense sound, but I felt it was slightly light hearted, he did not really mean it compleatly. But it could of been good for a Mod to say somethingalong the lines of:

"This was a decision made by the RSA of British Isles as it was felt that there was no activity and just spam, this was put forward here [link to topic]. However we do not want to upset anyone and if you feel there is a need for a seperate Eire board then this is how you would need to go about it" The an explination

This was not done, Indecnt was given the run around because it wasn't the right thread, and he was also insulted, a sensative issue was ignored a very bad talking point that should be avoided. I am with Harry Hill, he made all the points clear

There is a lack of skill in the Mods that needs to be addressed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.