main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UK 2011 Census

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I got the census form in the post today. Anyone else?

It looks pretty straightforward (though some of the questions are quite personal). For a household with one person, it looks like you have 8 pages of questions to fill out. This goes up by 4 pages for each extra person. There's also an end page to add visitors at the address at the time of the census.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Arrived here too, but my parents will be filling it out.

Not had much chance to look at it yet.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I just gave it a pretty quick glance and made a note in the calendar to fill it out on the 27th.

4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The most pressing question here is: Who is going to mark their religion as Jedi?:D

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Church of Waru. ;)

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Got mine today as well. Q17 has me stumped :(

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you do want Jedi you'll have to check 'other' and write it in - it isn't a printed option.

Yeah - Q17 is a toughie, Hal.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I was not too bothered about the Census form, having left it to my wife, until I saw question 17 raised by you guys and looked, which made me laugh.

And then I noticed that my wife had filled in it as Person 1 - and so I was Person 2! Unforgivable.

And then I noticed my wife had filled in her identity as English and not British! And she said that she would have selected European rather than British if she had the choice. :eek: Mortifying... [face_British_flag] For Britannia!

I put 'Jedi (Dark)', incidentally.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    My dad messed it up, but doesn't care. As he says all they really want to know is who lives at what address, I doubt they really care about the rest of it.

Also, if you have to fill it out on the 27th, why have they arrived now? Surely everyone will fill them out on different days.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm sure people will fill it out early, especially if they will be away on the 27th. I'm in no hurry...

11. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I got my Census form today and did it fairly quickly. I too thought long and hard about question 17 ;).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I answered all the questions by putting "This answer is intentionally left blank"

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Let us know what prison they send you to, then - we'll come visit! :p

14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    My Dad filled himself in as Person 1 and Person 2. So I had to fill in myself as Person 3. At least I managed to get the correct religion in there, unlike the last one.

15. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    So has anyone returned theirs already? Or are you waiting until the 27th to post it?

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Filled it out but haven't signed/dated it yet. I'll probably post it on the 28th (Monday).

17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    The tech admin didn't do it online????? For shame!

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That still remains an option. My broadband has been a very slow beast in the evenings lately so I haven't been tempted to try online.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh well thank god no-one else has sent theirs off yet...still haven't touched it :D

BTW this is my first post outside of LACWAC so hello! UK > Rest of World.:p

I am definitely putting Jedi as my religion. No point in saying you're secular when you can have a laugh, right? [face_laugh]

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Tomorrow is Census Day - don't forget!

21. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I wonder how many people will put Sith instead of Jedi as their religion.

23. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    If this was facebook, I would "like" that

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Everyone done theirs? Mine's in the postbox. (Couldn't be bothered to do it online).

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Maybe I won't send it off, see if someone actually turns up to get it [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.