main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(UK) Ultimate Classic FM Chart

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by LAJ_FETT , Aug 26, 2017.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Classic FM radio station is unveiling its 300 ultimate albums over the holiday weekend. It started yesterday and will end Monday evening just before 7PM. So far, John Williams is represented at:

#290 - AOTC soundtrack
    #266 - TFA soundtrack
    #260 - RoTS soundtrack
    #212 - Greatest Hits 1969-1999
    #201 - ANH soundtrack

In addition there are a few film collection albums on the list that might or might not have some of his music. You can keep up with the list here .

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    More John Williams:

#183 - Schindler's List soundtrack
    #99 - TPM soundtrack
    #92 - Harry Potter/Philosopher's Stone soundtrack

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Thanks for the updates.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    TPM is rated higher than ANH?! I call shenanigans!

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Page says the list is based on sales but it doesn't say if it's UK or worldwide.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    And just in case you're wondering what was #1 - Titanic by James Horner..

7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    ICK! I could think of any number of soundtracks better than that one.

8. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Classic FM :rolleyes:

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not my station of choice - I prefer BBC Radio 3 - but if they have something I don't like on then I'll tune to Classic FM.

Martoto77 likes this.
  10. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    It does a wee job if you are bored with everything else (and R3 can get pretty boring pretty quickly whenever they do a whole afternoon of a guy singing "Gott ist mein freunde" or something similar in an indefinite number of ways- which is at least once a week).

But Classic FM is just like listening to R2, or Smooth. The same couple of dozen tunes played day in, day out. Suchet does my nut in as well. A glorified continuity announcer.

Bloody commercials too. :mad:

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    R3 gets on my nerves when they do 'contemporary music'. Some of that doesn't qualify as music, at least to my ears.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    But that's what's great about R3. It's not playing safe all the time. Yes you'll get stuff that sounds as if it shouldn't even be allowed on the radio for health and safety reasons. But sometimes, that can be a good thing.

Better that than pachalbel's canon and the Lord of the Rings OST sandwiched between mortgage and PPI adverts, like clockwork. :p

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I agree on the adverts - R3 is superior in that area. I'm not against all contemporary music - I like some of the jazz shows they do. I just hate the stuff that sounds like a car crash, and any youth group that thinks slamming trash can lids is music.

Sarge likes this.