main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Ultrasabers?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DarthCemeroX, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    This makes me so egear to get my saber converted.

2. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    Um those of you who have the Luke ANH saber, does your hilt have or did it have a weird creeky noise going on in the blade? If so will the conversion remedy this?

3. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    dont have one, but if its in the BLADE where you here it, then yes the convert will remedy that. you purchase a new poly c blade with the conversion. and it becomes removeable soyou can hang the hilt on your belt, take it off, pop in blade, tighten down set screw, and duel someones fool head off.

4. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    It's where blade meets hilt, so I think it's something that'll be covered in the conversion.

Now is the blade Ultrsabers a better blade for dueling or should I get a heavy duty blade?

As for the removable blade, that doesn't make it easier for the blade to loosen or come out or break?

5. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'm pretty sure that the ultrasaber has a set screw to hold the blade in. That's what you need to keep the blade secure.

How sturdy a saber is for fighting depends on how well the electronics are put together, and that could vary depending on who does the work. But if you're really doing some heavy hitting, I'd recommend just using a composite blade without the electronics in the hilt.

6. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    Our stuff isn't very forceful we do no more in terms of force than other dueling teams do in their performances.

Once I get the money up I'll be getting my conversion done by either
    Ultraforcesabers.com
    or
    Ultrasabers.com

I guess I'll post how it comes out.

7. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    Question: Can I send in my Force Fx lightsaber and get the blade to be removable and keep all the sound effects and put in a heavy duty dueling blade?

Good Stuff

8. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004
    Yes. That's what Ultrasabers does. That's their niche in the lightsaber market.

9. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    That reminds me that I need to do that with my ROTJ Luke lightsaber..... I broke a few of the LEDs when dueling.

- Bill

10. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    LordRevan19: Ultrasabers is a great place to look. However their basic conversion alone in a hundred plus a heavier blade is 130 dollars. If you're on a budget like me

ultraforcesabers.com

Their conversions are cheaper and about the same thing.

Plus... I looked at the dueling blades...and ultrasabers appears to be out.

11. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004
    If you get the conversion but keep the stock blade, you could buy the dueling blades from TCSS and install them yourself. It's cheaper to buy all the components seperately (blade, tip, reflective disk and blade film/diffuser) and put it together yourself but you will also need to get some IPS Weld-On #16 to glue the tip on.

I recommend the blade diffuser tubes over the blade film as they provide a brighter blade with more even lighting and are much easier to install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.