main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unanswered Questions after watching EIII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Western Canada Regional Forum' started by Jaeden2k, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaeden2k

Jaeden2k Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    1. Why was only Yoda able to sense the betrayal of the Clone Troopers while on Kashyyyk?

2. Why was only C-3PO's memory erased, and not R2's?

3. Why didn't I just get the regular popcorn and pepsi?

2. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    1. I asumed he was sensing the other Jedi's deaths, rather than the betrayal itself.
    2. Cause 3-P0 can't keep a secret. :p
    3. LOL, excellent question, I was asking myself the same thing on the pop. [face_devil]

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    What she said ^ ;)

4. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    You should've went with Coke anyways...

Darth Sidious IS Anakin's father!!!!

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    No wants to hear your crackpot theories :p

6. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    You can't handle the truth!

7. Jaeden2k

Mar 11, 2002
    I thought Watto was Anakin's father?

8. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    No no no... I dunno what crackpot fanfics you lot've been ****ing on, but everyone knows Qui-Gon was Anakin's father. He and Shmi were old ... "friends"...

Remember this memorable line from Episode I? "Good morning!" He's said that before. :)

Palpatine is Obi-Wan's father, Obi-Wan used to need happy pills to control his Dark Side, Obi-Wan has a sister called Dartha Stewart who is the true secret power behind the throne, and Obi and Darth Maul had a thing when they were younger (and shared a rooming house, for reasons known only to the author)... oh yeah, and Yoda married Yaddle in a night to (almost) remember. Sheesh, you guys. What have you been using for your research?

(NB: the above are all elements and plots taken directly from actual fanfics, bposted to the JC and elsewhere. Contact me privatley, and I can hook you up with relevant URLs.)

:D

*Derisa*

9. Jaeden2k

Mar 11, 2002
    Alright, back to question #3...Famous Players doesn't serve Coke! You'd have to smuggle that in! And, I only save those moments during the winter months...heavy coat and all!

Qui-Gon was definately homogalactic. He couldn't have fathered a child with Shmii. Darth Maul and Obi-Wan were actually twins, which puts a whole different perspective on Luke and Leia, doesn't it?

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    You... you guys actually... *rubs temples* Ow, my head!

11. Jaeden2k

Mar 11, 2002
    no rogue...we don't actually.

but i'm serious about no coke though!

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Coke is the path to the darkside.

13. Winterfrost

Winterfrost Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2003
    I just saw RotS again last night. My biggest unanswered question is still: Why did Yoda flee from his fight with Sidious?

He says he "failed," but I didn't see any failure in that fight. They were trading blow-for-blow...

14. Jaeden2k

Mar 11, 2002
    Alright, imagine if you will, you are trying to battle Mike Tyson, being Evander Holyfield and he keeps biting and trying to escape in the process.

Palpatine was trying to escape immediately, because he knew he was no match. Yoda pursued him until he fell a hundred or so feet, having lost his Saber previous. Now, you're a couple hundred feet below your prey, and he's got his saber, clone troopers, and I'm sure a few other tricks up his sleeve. Yoda was a great warrior (yes I know Wars don't make one Great), but he wasn't a fool either.

Better to retreat, then to face possible death. Like Obi-Wan said, "I have the higher ground"...as did Palpatine.

15. Winterfrost

Winterfrost Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2003
    You must be basing this on Yoda's comment re:"stick around, bub" in the antechamber. Though Yoda said this, Sidious certainly didn't seem to be going anywhere once the fight started. He traded even blows with Yoda, and once the fight was on, it was ON. He stood strong through the whole battle in the Senate chamber, gleefully pummelling Yoda with pods and keeping him on the defensive for the first part.

Yoda evened things up with his "spin-er-ama" shot (from the low ground), then they moved to even ground, clashed again in the lightning-tug-of-war, and then they BOTH ended in the same precarious position, dangling from Senate pods.

I don't buy the higher ground argument because Yoda was below his prey for most of the fight, yet still regained even footing. And (I say this only partially in jest) Yoda should be used to fighting from the "low ground" given his stature.

Yoda had to know this was a fight to the death going into it. This was THE battle. He wouldn't even send Kenobi because he knew he wasn't powerful enough!

Yoda: "Destroy the Sith, we must." Must. Not "we should" or "give it a college try." Unless he was CLEARLY outclassed or CLEARLY outnumbered, I just don't see him retreating. I didn't see either of those conditions being met in a way which was clear to the audience.

He fell to the floor, calmly/sternly looked up and saw Sidious dangling helplessly from the Senate pod... and the next moment he's crawling away with a panicked(!) look in his eye. The only thing I can figure is that something else happened in there (e.g. an army of clonetroopers began to arrive -- they were there in the next scene) that led Yoda to realize he could not win the fight. If this was the case, it should have been left in, IMO, because I think Yoda ends up looking like a coward -- and nobody wants that!

16. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Bravo, Winterfrost, you said everything I was going to! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.