main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Unbreakable-long AU songfic that is too complicated to clasify. Sort of. Kyp angst.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kyp_side_of_TheForce, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Okay. To explain the AUness of this fic, the NJO only happened up to Conquest. Conquest never happened-Tahiri was never Vongified, or whatever you want to call it. Yavin 4 was never captured. This fic will most likely have no romance in it whatsoever, but there may be some action (I'm as shocked as you are that I'm writing action) and I might change my mind and put in some romance... you never know ;)

This songfic is based off the song 'Unbreakable' by The Suicide Machines... gotta love the Suicide Machines :)

Please tell me if this fic sucks, because, if it does, I can probably make it better, I just need to know that it sucks (Any suggestions what so ever are accepted and, I guarentee, I will not be offended by anything you say about this at all.)

Oh, yeah, Soulwalker is betaing this for me... lots of thanks to him ;)

I've also taken some liberties regarding the Solo kids and Tahiri... please realize two things: they are less mature for 1) the sake of the story and 2) because they haven't experienced quite as much... anyway...

Friendships bloom but everything dies
    Seasons change its all part of life
    A storm is coming in I can see in your eyes
    And we just don't agree we can't compromise

Kyp walked out of the Jedi Academy, fuming. Again. Why is it that I can never, ever manage to leave that place calmly? I mean, it's the kriffing center of learning for a group that says anger is basically evil... oh, right, forgot. They think anger and violence are always evil; no wonder they piss me off constantly. Note to self: never meet with the Jedi again. He sighed, leaning against the side of the Great Temple. Another useless Jedi meeting. They'll never agree with me. They'll never do anything. Why did I ever come to these pointless, time-wasting gatherings? The Vong need to die. Why can't they just understand that? And why do I almost feel like I'm convincing myself?

Kyp tried to broadcast a basic 'Go the sith away' through the Force, but that never worked. Someone always came after him. They always claim that they don't want to 'lose' me. I'm already 'lost'. I've been that way for a long time. He snorted. Maybe Luke feels the same way about me that I feel about him.

"Kyp?" Three young, slightly confused voices inquired quietly.

He sighed again. "Why do you two always follow me when I storm out of meetings? It's not like you even really try to convince me of anything-you just come and talk to me. Why?"

Kyp could feel their shock through the Force, though he couldn't see it on their faces, as his back was still to them. Anakin, Jaina and Tahiri stepped closer to him. Jaina bit her lip. "I guess... I guess I'm trying to convince myself that you're wrong." Anakin nodded in enthusiastic agreement.

Kyp looked sharply at them. "So... you're saying you almost agree with me?" They nodded.

"But we still sort of agree with Uncle Luke," Anakin quickly pointed out.

"Okay, kids. Were going to have a totally honest little debate this time. What makes sense about 'Uncle Luke's'-" Kyp couldn't help but smirk at that title."-point of view? What makes sense about letting a group of extra-galactic beings terrorize the galaxy?"

"Um..." Jaina started out uncertainly. "Maybe the Yuuzhan Vong deserve to live. Maybe they're all being mind-controlled into killing people, or something. Maybe they aren't doing it on purpose, and killing them would be as bad as how they're killing us."

Kyp nodded and shifted his attention to Anakin. "What do you think?"

"What Jaina said," Anakin replied. "When we use dark ways, we become dark."

Kyp stared hard at Anakin for a moment, than looked at the sky above Yavin 4. He let all of the anger he had felt at Luke, at the Universe, even that small amount he felt towards himself, soak into the cool night air. "I'm not so sure about that, Anakin. Punching a person is evil. But is punching a person who is and will continue to brutally beat someone else?"

"No,"

2. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Very interesting start, Kyp_Side. I can't wait to see where you are going with this.

~~Jilly

3. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    OOOooooooohhhhhhhhhh....

There you go..getting me addicted to YET ANOTHER fic....this is a really good start KSOTF...it's great...

Although I AM hanging on for dear life on the side of this cliff here...a little help? :)

I'm cool with action...this seems like a different thing that what I've been reading but if you add a little romance in the future I'm sure we wouldn't object....hehehe..not me at least!! :);)

UP!!!

4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    great job so far KS :D kyp is at his best...or worst...depending on how you look at it :p ;)

~TJF

5. Hail_Jaina

Hail_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I love Kyp when he's cynical [face_love]
    which means I am going to love this fic :p
    great job so far!!!!! Can Tahiri get vongified during the story?

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Oooooooh, I like the pissed-off Kyp! :D Great job, Kyp_Side! I don't know how you could think this would suck! It's awesome! :)

Jae Angel

7. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Nice job, Kyp_side! :)

I like the angst that Kyp has going, and I can't wait to see where he leads the kids, hehe.

8. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    Jilly: Thanks! I'm going somewhere evil [face_devil]
    C3S: I'm not sure about the romance in this fic... it might just be the A/T variety...
    TJF: Thanks!!!!!!! :D ...I try :)
    HJ: ...maybe... just maybe... oh, the plot bunnies!!!!!
    NJ: it sucked until I fixed it... Thanks!!!!!!!!!
    Soul: I'm gonna call you Soul on Tfn, that's okay, right? Thanks! I'm going to use the response I've been using so far; somewhere evil [face_devil]

9. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    *Bumps*

Hehehe, Soul's fine with me.

And where is this "somewhere evil", hmm...? Post more! :D

Also...update Black Hope, yes? ;)

10. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    maybe, just maybe, if I up this, I'll get a new reader, and if I get a new reader, I may just be inspired to blow off my homework (the reason I didn't update when I said I would :( ) and write more...

11. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Well..................

DO I count Goddess?

Even if your in school............ Could you?

Please??

:D

12. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    this looks really strange kyp_side. is it like a long viggie or something?

Jez

13. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Kinda odd, but I like it...

~*~The Queen~*~

14. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    Imp: you would have counted, had I noticed that you had posted :p
    Jez: Extremely odd. It's a song fic where each verse is a post...
    JJQ: :D :D :D ...my faith in my writing might just be restored... most likely new post tomorrow... I've been a tad sick and unable to do my usual writing in class...

15. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Interesting start. Kyp's makes ever so much sense . . . no wonder Tahiri, Anakin, and Jaina can't figure out how to argue with him . . . 8-}

More soon? :D

-duskwings

16. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Up, up, up, up, UP!!!!

18. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    [face_shocked] People upped... woah... thanks guys :D
    I've written more, but, unfortunately, I am not near a computer I can use for more than 10 minutes (free college computers... gotta hate and love 'em :) )
    I know Duskwings, about Kyp making sence... a good question is will that point of veiw stay logical? Am I playing with your heads [face_devil] or not [face_devil] or both, simultaniously, somehow [face_devil]
    :p

19. NicoleDurron

NicoleDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2002
    like the story so far looking forward to reading more.

20. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    okay, I'm locking this story until I have timne to write it... it'll be back once school lightens up a bit... (should be soon)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.