main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Under Duress - Dear Diary Entry - Sian Ny - updated 12/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Ooooh, sounds like Qui-Gon's a tough nut to crack, indeed! Tsk, tsk, striking out at the people who want to help him. But now he's just made Sian more determined. He has the time to wear Qui-Gon down, I think. o_O

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    BrentusofGath There IS a difference between them, though. Sian knows he's good looking, but just accepts it as a fact that is neither remarkable nor to his credit and realizes that one day it could be destroyed. He'd still be the same person. Xanatos relied on his looks in a way, let them define who he was.

earlybird-obi-wan
    Sian can take it! :p

KELIA The bigger they are, the harder they sulk! [face_mischief]

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Sian is a man of few words! [face_batting]

ardavenport Let's just say that Qui has met his match.

[b]Entry #12[/b]

You would have thought that Jinn would be reluctant to hit a man in a hoverchair. But no, his fist just popped right out and WHAM!

The real shame of it is that I can?t even mope too much about it because I was sort of asking for it. And I?ve got to admit that I?m a little impressed that Jinn doesn?t really care about the chair. I mean, if he gave me a good punch just like he?d give anyone else, it must mean he just sees me as a friend who was annoying him. Right?

That?s what I?m going to go with anyway.

So obviously this is going to take a bit of finesse. I don?t usually do finesse. It?s slow and boring and not nearly as much fun as throwing a few punches and holding someone down on the ground until they beg for mercy. The chair makes that prospect a bit complicated, not that I wouldn?t be willing to give it a go.

But Jinn is a friend and I guess a friend does what they?ve got to do.

Lynka tried to tell me that maybe I ought to let it go for a while. But what would be the fun in that?

Besides, if Jinn gets a good sulk going it might be years before we drag his huge carcass out of that apartment. Frankly, the thought of Jinn holed up in his quarters for months on end is a bit frightening. I?m afraid he?ll look like a damn Wookiee by the time we get him out.

I figure that Qui-Gon is probably a bit embarrassed by how all this with Xanatos played out, ashamed I guess. Of course, that?s poodoo, but I know the way the big guy thinks. He?s got this idea that because his shoulders are so broad he needs to take on every problem in the galaxy. There?s room on those shoulders, no doubt, but the guy needs to cut himself some slack.

Besides, just because a Padawan goes wrong doesn?t mean it?s the Master?s fault. Xanatos was a big boy, all grown up and supposedly ready to make his own choices.

And he did.

They just happened to be really bad choices.

So someone ? and who better than his good friend Sian? ? needs to get Jinn to see the cold hard truth. And that truth is that his Padawan was a bit of a snot. I know, it?s terrible of me to say it straight out. Actually, I?d like to call him something else, but I?m afraid that nosey healer may ask to see this some day.

But it needed said and I?m not going to pretty up the words just to spare some feelings ? at least no Jinn?s.

I?ll get him to talk about Xanatos. I know I will. I just have to make him angry enough to get that big mouth of his running.

But I figure I?m just the man for the job.

No one can be more annoying than Sian Ny.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved that update

I?m afraid he?ll look like a damn Wookiee by the time we get him out. [face_laugh]

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

I?ll get him to talk about Xanatos. I know I will. I just have to make him angry enough to get that big mouth of his running.

But I figure I?m just the man for the job.

Really most people would be feeling a bit bad about hitting someone in a hoverchair :p

And I disagree with him, he's not annoying ;) He can come visit me anytime.. :*

5. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    No one can be more annoying than Sian Ny. Hmmm...I like reading about people who take pride in being annoying....[face_laugh]

6. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    You would have thought that Jinn would be reluctant to hit a man in a hoverchair. But no, his fist just popped right out and WHAM!

[face_laugh]
    But Qui-Gon must be really in bad shape if he did that. He doesn't seem like one for random violence.

I don?t usually do finesse. It?s slow and boring and not nearly as much fun as throwing a few punches and holding someone down on the ground until they beg for mercy.

I like his attitude. and he's thinking about something else than that padawn of his, so that's probably good. Even if it's probably bad for Jinn.

Can't wait to see that.:D

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love that Sian isn't going to hold one punch against Qui-Gon.

I?m not going to pretty up the words just to spare some feelings

In that case, I hope he's prepared to spend some time in the Healer Ward. :p

I am glad to see he's not going to let Qui spend to long sulking.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    He'd still be the same person. Xanatos relied on his looks in a way, let them define who he was.

Suuure Vadey, I believe you. :p

it must mean he just sees me as a friend who was annoying him. Right?

That's what I'm going to go with anyway.

Self delusion; it's such a wonderful thing. :p

So someone - and who better than his good friend Sian? - needs to get Jinn to see the cold hard truth.

Who better? Um, just about anyone else? :p

But I figure I'm just the man for the job.

Now that I whole-heartedly agree with, lol!

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan It's a real possibility! :p

Layren All I can say is that my younger kids have informed my oldest son that even if he IS in a wheelchair, he still gets picked on like the others! :D And he loves it. [face_laugh]

Rogue_Pilot_2347 My kids tell me I'm very good at being annoying too. [face_mischief]

MsLanna This little crisis may be good for both of them...probably more for Sian though. [face_batting]

KELIA I think he's pretty much COUNTING on some time in the Healers' Ward! :D

BrentusofGath Okay, he's a pretty boy and he knows it. :cool:

[b]Entry #13[/b]

Okay, so it seems that Qui-Gon Jinn doesn?t do finesse either.

Apparently, he doesn?t do subtle or polite for that matter.

I?m beginning to remember why we?re friends. Gotta say, I love the big gundark, even when he?s being a pain in my nether regions.

Even a Jedi can only ignore a door chime for so long, especially when the person at the door has a lot of free time on their hands.

He held out longer than I expected ? 47 minutes.

Finally he opened the door and ground out some obscenities.

I gained entrance by using the weapons at my disposal, meaning I shoved my hoverchair in the open door and put on the brakes. It?s amazing how red in the face one human being can get, especially when he?s being thwarted.

Of course, he had started off mad because I zagged when his punch zigged and I deprived him of the very satisfying pleasure of punching me again. I can?t say it wasn?t fun, watching him sputter and curse. He?s got quite the vocabulary, though I?m not quite sure the Council would approve.

He?s lucky I?m no snitch.

Once he welcomed me in (I?m assuming that?s what that grunt and that gesture meant, though I?m fairly sure I?ve seen that gesture used before and it most definitely did NOT mean welcome) he sat down in a chair and pouted.

Being a man, he would insist that he was ?thinking? but we all know the sad truth. Men pout. There, the secret is out.

So Jinn sat there and sulked and I sat there and watched.

I truly thought I?d get bored. I?m pretty much an action guy, I like to keep moving and doing and being in the middle of things. All of which makes being stuck in this hoverchair a distinct inconvenience, though the speed I?ve added to thing cannot be discounted.

I?m pretty sure he thought I?d leave when he refused to speak. But I can carry on a conversation by myself quite well, thank you. I?ve been doing that for years.

?So?I like the new look.? Utter silence. No change in expression.

?Going for modern Wookiee??

The eyes narrow slightly and I can tell he?s got a hundred insults he?d just love to fling my way but he can?t because that cursed pride of his won?t let him open his mouth.

I could begin to like this.

?You need a shower,? I observed and sniffed delicately. The truth was, he didn?t smell at all, but since he wasn?t willing to argue with me, I figured I might as well take advantage of it.

There was the tiniest movement of his arm, like he wanted to take a whiff himself and refute my statement. Then he stilled himself.

?You look like bantha poodoo,? I added with a wide grin.

The jaw clenched.

Oh, definitely getting a bit perturbed here.

Come to think of it, I feel like one of those scientists that goes out into the wild to observe a dangerous beast and then ends up getting hurt because they muck it up and stick their noses into things they?ve got no business messing with.

I let him sit there and stew for a while in his own bile. It will serve him right.

But I?m not going anywhere.

I?m not bored.

Far from it, and besides, I?ve brought along this data pad to keep my occupied while Jinn the living statue sits there and pouts.

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    You go Sian!
    I'm sure a sulking Qui Gonn is an interesting object for study. And he refuses to speak indeed. Let's see for how long.:p

?Going for modern Wookiee??

[face_laugh] :p [face_laugh]

11. Linterambiel

Linterambiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004

?You need a shower,? I observed and sniffed delicately. The truth was, he didn?t smell at all, but since he wasn?t willing to argue with me, I figured I might as well take advantage of it.

There was the tiniest movement of his arm, like he wanted to take a whiff himself and refute my statement. Then he stilled himself.

The jaw clenched.

Come to think of it, I feel like one of those scientists that goes out into the wild to observe a dangerous beast and then ends up getting hurt because they muck it up and stick their noses into things they?ve got no business messing with.

I let him sit there and stew for a while in his own bile. It will serve him right.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Gotta love Sian :p That was great :D I needed that laugh this morning :D

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved that last update. A sulking Qui-Gon with a Wookiee look [face_laugh]

13. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Haha, great update.

The jaw clenched.

[face_laugh]

Nice work!

14. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    He brought his journal, so he could just sit, and sit, and sit, and sit, and...yes well, I think you get the idea.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's so cool! I like the insults too. I mean, how often do you get the chance to toss insults into the face of someone when they can actually hear you?

Awesome update! I can't wait to see how this turns out.....

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I love Sian!!

And when Qui-Gon comes around, I'm sure he'll appreciate what an incredibly stubborn, brave, true friend he has.

Being a man, he would insist that he was ?thinking? but we all know the sad truth. Men pout.

Oh yeah and sometimes better than women!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Finally he opened the door and ground out some obscenities.

What are friends for? :p

I gained entrance by using the weapons at my disposal, meaning I shoved my hoverchair in the open door and put on the brakes.

LOL!

though I'm fairly sure I've seen that gesture used before and it most definitely did NOT mean welcome

*heaves, laughing too hard*

Men pout. There, the secret is out.

:mad: We do not! And just to show you, I'm gonna take my ball and go home. So there!

"You look like bantha poodoo," I added with a wide grin.

The jaw clenched.

That's right Sian, play with the tiger.

He'll drive Qui-Gon to join Xanatos in the dark side. [face_mischief]

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    MsLanna I have a feeling that Sian will do his best to get Qui-Gon talking. Or yelling!

Linterambiel Sian has a unique way of showing his affection! :D

earlybird-obi-wan
    Let?s face it, he?s halfway there! :p

Star-Foozle Glad you liked it! ;)

Rogue_Pilot_2347 And don?t give insults back!? You can see how tempting it would be for someone like Sian!

KELIA My husband is a world class pouter, and he denies it. :p

BrentusofGath Now what does that finger mean? :confused:

[b]Entry #14[/b]

Since Qui-Gon was proving to be a horrible host, I went into the kitchen and made myself a snack and grabbed an ale. It was his last bottle, but it?s his own fault for being so rude. If he had been in a better mood I might have left it for him. As it is, too bad.

I made sure to smack my lips when I drank it, even raised it in a toast to him but all he did was scowl at me. How much more considerate could I be?

But that man has no manners.

The sandwich was good, though I admit I did use the last of his bread. Apparently, he hadn?t put in a requisition for food supplies in quite a while. When my friend sulks, he does a good job of it, I?ll give him that.

Once I had satisfied my appetite, I put my dishes in his sink since [i]I?ve[/i] got some manners. I didn?t wash them, I?m not [i]that[/i] polite. Besides, it would give him something to do besides pout.

Maybe he needs a hobby.

Then I made a note on my data pad to order him more food. He may be an unmannerly stubborn gundark, but he?s still my friend. Even if he doesn?t particularly want to be right now.

We stared at each other for a while and he developed a most interesting twitch in his left eye. I studied that for a while and figured out that it twitched every 98 seconds. His jaw clenched and unclenched so hard that I almost expected to start hearing teeth cracking.

I got bored counting his eye twitches so looked around for something else to amuse myself.

Qui-Gon still hadn?t spoken a word. Really, the man holds a grudge beyond all imagination.

He?s pretty much a minimalist when it comes to décor, which seems to be a pattern among the Jedi. I guess it makes sense, even an attachment to [i]things[/i] could be seen as breaking the Code. Besides, being a Jedi doesn?t exactly make you rich, so there?s not much room in the budget to buy a lot of stuff. Pretty much everything we [i]need[/i] is supplied by the Order, the stuff we want we have to buy out of a stipend we get.

I have a feeling that most of the credits that found their way into Jinn?s pockets found their way right back out again and into the hands of yet another pathetic creature.

He?s a collector of sorts, collects the downtrodden and unusual as friends. He?s got a knack for it.

Three hours passed in silence, and I was getting beyond bored. Even my data pad is beginning to bore me.

I wasn?t even thinking about it when I started humming. I hadn?t even noticed I was doing it until I saw Jinn?s hands clench on the arms of the chair.

Oh now, that was just plain silly of him.

He should have never let me know that my humming annoyed him. You never hand an enemy a weapon.

I grinned at him as I tried to decide which song would be next.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sian try some house-music or hard-rock or irritating R and B

Great update

19. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    I just hope this doesn't fall under the rules of only three torture scenes per fic, it's too much fun to stop.

Once I had satisfied my appetite, I put my dishes in his sink since I?ve got some manners. I didn?t wash them, I?m not that polite. Besides, it would give him something to do besides pout.

Making up sensible excuses for laziness? Who says Jinn won't lest it sit there to rot?:p

He should have never let me know that my humming annoyed him. You never hand an enemy a weapon.

Sian should have brought a game for one which clicks and clacks annoyingly, too...

20. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    Oooo! hum Mozart!!!!!! That's really annoying.

This is awesome! Poor Qui-Gon. What a friend he's got...

I can't wait to see where this goes.!

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] Sian should have brought a paddle ball! That would be a very annoying way to pass the time... especially if he repeatedly hits Qui-gon in the noggin. :p

BTW, could I please be put on the PM list for this one? [face_praying]

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Humming?

I certainly hope Sian doesn't end up driving Qui over the edge. I'm starting to feel sorry for the big lug now!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Sian just won't give up, will he? Oooooooh, and now he's armed with annoying humming. [face_mischief] Qui-Gon is a challenge, but I think he's going to have to talk about it sometime.

24. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    If he had been in a better mood I might have left it for him.

Such a cruel fellow. :p

But that man has no manners.

Hmm, there's something interesting about a fellow who looks in the mirror all the time and yet can't see himself. :p

I studied that for a while and figured out that it twitched every 98 seconds.

LOL! Keep watching, when the interval decreases sharply, somebody's about to die... I'm betting it would be Sian. ;)

ROTFLOL! Poor Qui-Gon, how much of this can he take?

Great update! Sorry I missed it for so long, I was just asking myself why Vadey hasn't updated in a while and there it was. :oops:

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan He'll come up with something, I'm sure! :p

MsLanna He's probably bemoaning the fact that he didn't think of that! [face_mischief]

Rogue_Pilot_2347 I have a feeling it's about to lead to bloodshed. :eek:

Alexis_Wingstar I'm sure Sian will file that away for the next time Qui-Gon sulks. ;) And I'll add you! :D

KELIA You're about to feel even worse for him. [face_batting]

ardavenport Just wait and see. [face_whistling]

BrentusofGath I'm quite sure that Sian and Qui are more alike than either of them wants to admit! :D

[b]Entry #15[/b]

Of course, one can never just [i]stop[/i] at humming. It inevitably leads to mumbling a few words under your breath and before you know it you?re belting out the song at full volume, completely oblivious to your audience, if you have one. In the shower is the best place, of course, but just about anywhere will do.

So I sat there and hummed, but almost without thought I found myself singing softly.

And then not so softly. I sang loudly and off-key, making up for my lack of skill with my enthusiasm, or so I told myself.

My first choice was a rather silly love song that was currently quite popular. It?s one of those songs that works its way into your consciousness even though you hate it and you find yourself memorizing the words ? against your will.

It was a song of love and loss and heartache. All the standard things that a good love song needs, I suppose. In my head I could hear the singer wailing some nonsense about a kiss becoming a scar on his soul, tormenting him.

Who writes such tripe anyway?

That song ended (to my relief as well as Qui-Gon?s) and I moved onto a more classic piece, well, older at least. It was some sort of folk song I learned in my misspent youth. It was rather obscene and I suppose it?s no credit to me that I know every word, even the lesser used chorus which refers to a girl from Alderaan and her rather impressive skills. But there were no younglings around to corrupt so I gave it my best effort.

All the while, Qui-Gon?s hands were clenching tighter and tighter, the knuckles showing white, which only spurred me on to sing louder and more off-key.

Truly, the man has more tolerance than I would have expected. I fully expected him to bleed from the ears before he even twitched.

But when his jaw started bulging, I knew I was close. Finally, I stopped (my throat was dry) and gave him my best serene Jedi stare. Unfortunately, Qui-Gon wasn?t impressed, being a Jedi himself.

?You really ought to get that looked at,? I told him.

A low growl was my only answer, but I interpreted it to mean, ?Whatever do you mean, Sian?? At last, the mountain had spoken!

?Your jaw,? I elaborated in response to the obvious (even if only to me) question. ?It gets swollen and then it goes away.? I grinned. ?It might be serous.?

With that, Jinn gave a roar and surged to his feet.

Victory at last!

Then I could see he was struggling to regain his composure. And worse, he was winning.

I couldn?t have that, now could I??

So I rammed my chair into his shins.

And that got things moving again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.