main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Under Duress - Dear Diary Entry - Sian Ny - updated 12/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Haha, this post was sheer brilliance!

The best few lines I've read in a long time:

My first choice was a rather silly love song that was currently quite popular. It?s one of those songs that works its way into your consciousness even though you hate it and you find yourself memorizing the words ? against your will.

It was a song of love and loss and heartache. All the standard things that a good love song needs, I suppose. In my head I could hear the singer wailing some nonsense about a kiss becoming a scar on his soul, tormenting him.

Who writes such tripe anyway?

[face_laugh]

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Annoying songs everywhere even in that galaxy far away, but it did the trick. Good work Sian
    Great update VaderLVR

3. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    I sang loudly and off-key, making up for my lack of skill with my enthusiasm, or so I told myself.

I don't suspect Qui-Gon will be very appreciative of your self delusions, Sian. :p

Who writes such tripe anyway?

LOL! Exactly my thoughts.

So I rammed my chair into his shins.

And that got things moving again.

LOL! I'll bet it did. I can see it now, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master, shoving a helpless wheelchair ridden man out a window on the tallest building on Coruscant, lol! And his journey toward the Dark Side will be complete! [face_devil]

4. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I didn't get the reference about the kiss scarring someone's soul right away...Very cool.
    Cool chapter. It's so easy to annoy people if you want to (the only experience I have from that is with my sister from "Qui-Gon's position...)

Can't wait to see where this leads.

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Now that's what I call therapy. :D Like medicine, it can't work if it doesn't hurt.
    Could I add some mud to the hopefully ensuing fight?

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I think that's the most amusing post I've read in quite some time :p I can't quote my favorite section cause I'd have to quote the whole thing :p Just loved it all :D Sian and his off key singing and Qui getting madder and madder :p That was great :p Tell Sian he can come sing at my house whenever he wants ;)

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh dear, I hope Sian doesn't push Qui-Gon to the darkside!

Loved his choice of songs.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Well, Sian is pretty indiscriminate about what kind of reaction he gets out of Qui-Gon, eh? ;) Or maybe he's just suicidal. [face_laugh] But I suppose that he's going for any solid reaction out of Qui-Gon, just to get him started.

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Star-Foozle Yeah, those lines always bugged me. :p

earlybird-obi-wan He's got it down to an art! ;)

BrentusofGath It's almost as good as cutting off an appendage! :D

Rogue_Pilot_2347 I've got four kids. I've learned from the masters how to annoy someone. :)

MsLanna I'm sure that Sian shares your views. [face_mischief]

Layren You might regret that! [face_shame_on_you]

KELIA I have a feeling he'll push him JUST up to the line and then relent. Or not. Who knows with Sian?

ardavenport He's willing to suffer, that's for sure!

[b]Entry #16[/b]

I felt Qui-Gon?s fist connect with my jaw and I saw stars begin dancing around my skull. Obviously sulking had not sapped his strength.

That, of course, just wouldn?t do, so I rammed him with my chair again and when he began howling like a crècheling, I gave him a good punch to the gut. Which was a bit like hitting durasteel since he knows me well enough to predict what I?ll do next in a fight. I wouldn?t embarrass either of us by admitting that we had been in more than a few brawls together in our younger days.

After moving back (and whimpering a bit about the pain in my hand I freely admit here and nowhere else), I glared at him. ?Do we really need to keep doing this?? I asked, panting a bit. Damn, I was in worse shape than I thought. I resolved to hit the gym ? if I survived.

Qui-Gon gave me a rather nasty grin and nodded. ?I think we do!?

I couldn?t help but smile because a good fight is almost as good as?.well, never mind that now.

I hit the little button that was my secret and my chair whooshed forward so quickly that I was rewarded with a rather shocked expression on Qui-Gon?s ugly face. I could see him bracing his knees for another whack, so I shifted my weight at the last second and brought the hoverchair up on an angle, which meant I connected with his thighs.

The gundark wasn?t expecting [i]that[/i] and it threw him off balance.

It was sort of like watching an ancient tree topple over. There was a moment in which he swayed, as if undecided if he should go down or not, and then he simply fell over backward and landed with a satisfying thud.

Taking advantage of the situation, I drew my chair even with him and flopped myself out of it, landing with full force on top of him. I settled my buttocks quite comfortably on his heaving chest. I admit that I cheated a bit and used the Force to keep him firmly anchored to the floor.

?Now,? I said very reasonably. ?We can keep brawling like younglings or you can be sensible and just hear me out.?

I could sense his struggle.

He really wanted to keep fighting.

But he feared for his furniture, I suppose. Then he sighed deeply, nearly unseating me, and when I looked down I saw a single tear run down his cheek.

?It hurts,? Qui-Gon admitted.

And I don?t think he was talking about my weight on his chest.

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

I couldn?t help but smile because a good fight is almost as good as... well, never mind that now.

o_O
    Good thing there are stric ToS around, Wouldn't want this to explore the ...[face_worried]

I resolved to hit the gym ? if I survived.

The way to hell is paved with good intentions... I'd like to know if he really went to the gym.

I admit that I cheated a bit and used the Force to keep him firmly anchored to the floor.

Cheater. What about the Jedi and their impeccable honour, huh?:p

when I looked down I saw a single tear run down his cheek.

Poor Jinn.:(
    But I guess sharing the grief might make it at least a little better.
    *hands Qui-Gon handkerchieves*

Love how you jump from funny to serious in a sentence without warning. The sudden change of mood hits you soundly.[face_beatup]

11. Linterambiel

Linterambiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004

But he feared for his furniture, I suppose. Then he sighed deeply, nearly unseating me, and when I looked down I saw a single tear run down his cheek.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor big gundark. [:D][:D] At least he has sian to make sure he doesn't hurt alone.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Qui-Gon with Sian sitting on his chest

hurting but not from that weight. It will be good for him to release that hurt.

Great update

13. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    Awwwww......The last sentence was so sad.

The rest was hilarious. After reading that, I'm never going to be able to think of people in wheelchairs as completely handicapped anymore.

14. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Qui-Gon gave me a rather nasty grin and nodded. "I think we do!"

:D A little fightin' goes well with the angst.

I settled my buttocks quite comfortably on his heaving chest.

And that was the unkindest cut of them all, lol.

I'm surprised Qui-Gon didn't use the Force to flip the cripple off, lol. Of course that probably means he wanted someone to do just that so he could say he fought the good fight before having to admit to anything touchy feely. It's what sets us guys apart from the animals. :p

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    *sigh* Leave it to men to brawl before getting to the much needed talk :p

I hope Qui-Gon is ready to face his pain...Sian is probably the best person to help him through it right now.

Great update

=D==D= =D= =D=

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Man, I missed a post, but that means I got to read two terrific posts at once!

Oh, great fight! [face_beatup] Reminds me of Jackie Chan with the humor and action intermingled.

And finally, we get Qui-gon to open up. Though unconventional, Sian does what Jedi do... put's his life on the line to help someone.

Very well done, you got me to laugh and then cry from one sentence to the next. =D=

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    MsLanna That's how life is! :p

Linterambiel But he may wish he could! :D

earlybird-obi-wan Glad you liked it!

Rogue_Pilot_2347 My oldest son has been in a wheelchair for half his life, so writing a character who is also in a wheelchair seemed natural! [face_mischief]

BrentusofGath Deep down, Qui-Gon is too nice. But I don't think Sian should push it too much more! :p

KELIA Why talk when you can hit things? [face_batting]

Alexis_Wingstar Sian's sarcasm comes through, even in a fight!

[b]Entry #17[/b]

I?m cold and cruel, to that I?ll freely admit, but I?m not heartless, in spite of what Qui-Gon may think. So I shifted my weight off of the fallen mountain and heaved myself back into my chair. I even offered the big gundark a hand, which he ignored in his snit.

I had put a chink in the wall, but it had not come tumbling down just yet. No surprise there, the wall was built high and sturdy knowing Qui-Gon.

That was all right; I had made the effort and was starting to see the stirrings of something behind that mask he wore.

?Ready to act like a rational being now?? I asked as Qui-Gon grunted and lowered himself into a seat.

Gingerly, he rubbed his thighs. ?That hurt,? he informed. He sounded offended, which delighted me I admit.

?I was trying to get your attention,? I told him.

?Well it worked,? he said dryly and for the first time I saw a glimmer of amusement in his eyes. I started to relax. Perhaps everything would work out all right?eventually. There would be no fast or easy fixes for this. But I had the time. And the determination, may the Force help him.

?Talk to me, Qui,? I pleaded. ?Force knows I whimpered like a crècheling on your shoulder more than once after?? Our eyes met. ?You know I did.?

?I know,? he answered grimly. I could see his jaw working furiously, but for the first time I think it was grief and not anger that moved him.

?Then talk to me, scream at me, just don?t lock yourself away from those who care about you,? I said. ?It?s going to be hard enough without you trying to bolster yourself up on pride alone.?

?Stars above?you are a nag,? he commented mildly.

?You don?t know the half of it,? I replied with a grin.

Shaking his head, half in admiration and half in exasperation, he sighed. ?I do,? he countered. ?And that?s what scares me.?

?Tell you what, old friend,? I said. ?I?ll take pity on you. How about we share a drink before you spill your manly guts to me and we make like younglings and whine all night??

?I don?t have anything to drink,? he said mournfully.

I grinned at him and opened a little compartment on my chair. ?Ah?but I do,? I said as I held the bottle aloft in triumph. Thank the stars it hadn?t broken during our little discussion. ?I believe in being prepared.? I leveled a stern look at him. ?That?s the Jedi way, my man.?

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?You?re a dangerous man, Sian Ny.?

?You?re just jealous,? I said as I opened the bottle. ?Now get up off that lazy butt of yours and get us some glasses.?

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Success!! Well, maybe not success yet. We still haven't gotten to Qui-Gon's heartbreaking angsting over his loss, but Sian's hard work has paid off. But getting a little admission from the mountain is almost as satisfying. Sian certainly won this round. [face_mischief]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Good work Sian. That big mountain may need some more but a drink will help.

Will you put me on the PM list?

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Oh, yeah, there's the chink, now some liquid to wear down more of the mountain... like how the Colorado River made the Grand Canyon... though I hope the liquor is quicker. :p

=D= Well done... BTW, I thought I was on your PM list for this one. *scratches head*

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I grinned at him and opened a little compartment on my chair. ?Ah?but I do,? I said as I held the bottle aloft in triumph. Thank the stars it hadn?t broken during our little discussion. ?I believe in being prepared.? I leveled a stern look at him. ?That?s the Jedi way, my man.?

:D
    I'd so like to know what's in there. But alcohol is know to help people loosen tehir inhibitions. Jinn has no chance. Not with Sian on the other side of the bottle.

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I certainly hope Qui-Gon is going to take Sian's advice and talk or scream at him. That's what true friends are for.

?I believe in being prepared.?

Now why am I not surprised? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great update

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

23. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    Ooo, I just love Sian [face_love] He sounds sooo cute.

Although, like a typical guy he can't get over himself. :rolleyes:

And poor Qui-Gon. :_| I feel so bad for him.

24. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    I started to relax. Perhaps everything would work out all right

[face_devil] That's what he wants - for you to lower your guard just before he cuts you in half with his saber! [face_skull]

25. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    Yay!!! It worked--mostly. Sian Ny is everyone's great example of how a Jedi should [not] act...[face_laugh]

Cool entry. Your characters are really believable, and, in Qui-Gon's case, fresh, despite the loads of Qui-Gon stuff out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.