main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Under Duress - Dear Diary Entry - Sian Ny - updated 12/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ardavenport And he'll never let Qui-Gon forget it either! :D

earlybird-obi-wan Sure! I'd be happy to! :p

Alexis_Wingstar I'll add you if you want me to. :)

MsLanna I'm not sure which one is in more trouble. [face_mischief]

KELIA Because you know Sian? [face_batting]

Lauren_Solo Qui-Gon doesn't stand a chance against Sian. ;)

BrentusofGath I don't think even Sian is QUITE that evil.

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Qui-Gon is a great character. And I think Sian would be a bit of a rebel if he's Qui-Gon's friend.

2. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004

Entry #18

I?m pretty sure that at some point, someone snuck into Qui-Gon?s quarters and drank part of our bottle. Because there is no way that only two of us could have consumed that much whiskey, not without passing out at some point. Which might have happened. I can?t swear it didn?t.

It started off innocently enough, a drink to loosen his tongue and help him forget, even if only for a moment, that he was hurting.

?I didn?t see it coming, Sian,? he confessed morosely as he sipped at that first glass. We were pacing ourselves, just to be on the safe side.

?Who could?? I asked, commiserating. Stars that whiskey was smooth and I enjoyed the feel of it coiled up in my belly. It wasn?t often I indulged, for alcohol cannot offer the comfort that the Force does. Besides that, I?m a lightweight.

But when two men are sitting alone at night, thinking about the things that have shattered them, whiskey seems a natural companion.

Qui-Gon shook his great head and then blinked when some of his hair fell into his glass. ?And now I?ve ruined it,? he fussed for a moment. He sounded a lot like a crècheling at that point, but it seemed too much effort to point that out.

Being the helpful sort, I fished out his hair and wiped it off on his tunic. ?Not at all, good as new.?

?Not my hair, you idiot,? Qui-Gon said without any heat. ?My drink.?

?Oh?? I was a little hurt, having fixed one problem he had simply handed me another. ?But your hair, we could fix that with a good cut you know.?

He tugged at the hank of hair and tried to focus on it. Okay, maybe we weren?t on our first drinks by that time. ?You won?t be cutting my hair, especially not in your state.?

?My state?? I snorted. ?And what?s your state??

?Dignified intoxication,? he answered pompously. ?You?re just stinkin? drunk.?

?I don?t stink,? I countered with as much dignity as possible. It is quite possible we were about halfway through the bottle at that point, but as I said, things begin to go a bit fuzzy right about that point.

I do remember one thing quite clearly, however.

Qui-Gon looked at me and said, ?I?ll never take another Padawan again, Sian. I?m no good at it. And I won?t put myself through that pain again.?

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Don't go Coma-drinking Sian and Qui-Gon! Kids are doing that and they die.

And don't loose your hair.[face_whistling]

Great update =D=

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

Qui-Gon shook his great head and then blinked when some of his hair fell into his glass. ?And now I?ve ruined it,? he fussed for a moment. He sounded a lot like a crècheling at that point, but it seemed too much effort to point that out.

Being the helpful sort, I fished out his hair and wiped it off on his tunic. ?Not at all, good as new.?

?Not my hair, you idiot,? Qui-Gon said without any heat. ?My drink.?

?Oh?? I was a little hurt, having fixed one problem he had simply handed me another. ?But your hair, we could fix that with a good cut you know.?

He tugged at the hank of hair and tried to focus on it. Okay, maybe we weren?t on our first drinks by that time. ?You won?t be cutting my hair, especially not in your state.?

?My state?? I snorted. ?And what?s your state??

?Dignified intoxication,? he answered pompously. ?You?re just stinkin? drunk.?

?I don?t stink,? I countered with as much dignity as possible. It is quite possible we were about halfway through the bottle at that point, but as I said, things begin to go a bit fuzzy right about that point.

I do remember one thing quite clearly, however.

Qui-Gon looked at me and said, ?I?ll never take another Padawan again, Sian. I?m no good at it. And I won?t put myself through that pain again.?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor big gundark, he needs more than one hug, I think. I'm glad he's talking to Sian though. [face_love][face_love]

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I wonder what Sian said in response... or was he too far gone at that point to remember? :p Thank you for the PM, I can't wait for more. :D

6. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Because there is no way that only two of us could have consumed that much whiskey

Yeah right, lol. Two full grown guys could easily go through a bottle of whiskey. Not speaking from personal experience, you understand. :p

Besides that, I'm a lightweight.

Liar liar, pants on fire, lol!

"But your hair, we could fix that with a good cut you know."

Never! You'll never take me alive, lol!

"Dignified intoxication," he answered pompously. "You're just stinkin' drunk."

Ah, the distinction between two states, lol!

Great update Vadey!

7. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Poor Qui-Gonn.:(
    Wonder how Sian got him out of the 'no-padawan' state. Probably more whisky and threatening with a hait cut if he doesn't take another.[face_mischief]

8. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I feel dreadful for not keeping up as I should...so I'll take a deep breath, and won't exhale until Im a cught...uuuuuuuuuuuuu...........*whack* How about I just read like everyone else.

Entry #6
    I have decided to let Jinn live. *whew*[face_worried]

Jinn came to me last night and we shared a few ales (more than a few if I am going to go for the concept of complete honesty) and he opened up a bit. It seems he has been worried about Xanatos for some time now.
    He looked at me and said softly in a voice I?ve never heard Jinn use, ?I?m not sure he?s meant to be a Jedi, Sian.? And that was the only statement he?s ever made that revealed any doubt at all in his Padawan.

- Ah, reality sets in.

Lynka came to my quarters two days ago and told me to get dressed. I asked her if she was completely sure she wanted me dressed and she laughed and told me we could negotiate later. It was nice to feel normal again...Maybe I have a future after all.

- *sniffle* It's realizing life isn't over for Sian, just different...

Entry #7
    I know he would be disappointed in me if he saw me doing otherwise. Besides that, Lynka will hurt me.

- The benifit far outweighs the action I'd say.:D

It was Trin who lost, not me.

- The blinders of grief...
    I only know very little about Xanatos, but I have a feeling nothing good is going to come of this mission.

By the way, that Healer is still an idiot, but this journal idea wasn?t completely terrible. Not that I?ll tell her that.
    [face_laugh]

Entry #8
    I?m happy to report that all body parts, with the obvious and glaring exception of my legs, are working well. To say I breathed a sigh of relief is an understatement.

- Well for me...:p Time to tell Lynka I say.

What would that day have been like for me? The day I cut his braid and presented him with his saber once more, making him a full-fledged knight on his own? Trin wouldn?t have been dry-eyed, that?s for sure. Neither would I. That I can admit freely.
    The boy would have been a wonder to behold, at least for me.

- Now I remember why I kept putting this off, all the tear-jerking.:_|

Entry #9
    I don?t know any of the details yet. What I?ve heard so far is mostly rumors and second-guessing. Whatever it was, it?s bad. I know only this for certain ? Qui-Gon is coming home and without his Padawan.

- I knew there was some bad foreshadowing going on.

This is ridiculous. I?m wasting energy worrying about something that I have no control over.

- Perhaps Sian should apply that to his own situation as well? o_O

Entry #10
    Xanatos turned his back on the Order and his Master.

- Poor Qui-Gon, it's a wonder he took on another apprentice.

What kind of friend would I be if I left him to sulk in his quarters? Besides, he didn?t do me that favor.

And I?ve been looking forward to a bit of payback anyway.

- What's that old saying about payback????

Entry #11
    Xanatos made a big show of standing up against his Master, even scarred himself in the process... A pleasing appearance is easily lost, and if that?s a foundation? Well, one only has to imagine how a life can be rocked by it.

- =D= ooo! I loved that.

I have to resort to singing outside his door to gain entrance, then they?re will be fewer witnesses to my humiliation.
    I should have known, should have realized he?d be sulking. No one can sulk like Qui-Gon Jinn.

- [face_laugh] All that humiliation for nothing. He should have asked John Cusak advice on perfect timing.

Qui-Gon Jinn has an impressive right hook. [face_laugh]

Entry #12
    You would have thought that Jinn would be reluctant to hit a man in a hoverchair. But no, his fist just popped right out and WHAM!...And I?ve got to admit that I?m a little impressed that Jinn doesn?t really care about the chair. I mean, if he gave me a good punch just like he?

9. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    ?I didn?t see it coming, Sian,? he confessed morosely as he sipped at that first glass.

:_| Oh I feel so bad for poor Qui-Gon!! :_| I'm so glad Sian is there to be his friend!

[face_worried] But what will poor, cute Obi-Wan do if you don't take another? :_| This is soooo sad!

Please add me to your pm list, I can't seem to keep up with this.

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wanThey're not drinking to that excess, they've just sort of forgotten what their limits are. :p

Layren He'll either feel better or he'll be suicidal when Sian is done with him! ;)

Alexis_Wingstar Nope, not THAT far gone. More will come out about their conversation. :)

BrentusofGath Obviously, those are two TOTALLY different states! [face_mischief]

MsLanna
    I don't think Qui-Gon is ready to take on another Padawan yet. Even Sian isn't THAT good! :D

correllian_ale I feel bad. Your feedback is longer than my next post. o_O

Lauren_Solo All is not lost. Not yet anyway! :p

[b]Entry #19[/b]

I woke up on Qui-Gon?s floor, which wasn?t nearly as comfortable as I remember it being. Qui-Gon was snoring like a bantha in the chair beside me. One of his feet was under my head. I suppose I had used it as a rather smelly pillow in the night. It is certainly large enough for that purpose.

I sat up, which was my first mistake. My head began throbbing as if someone had cleaved into it with a saber during the night. I reached up to make sure that no one taken a whack at me, but all [i]appeared[/i] to be well.

Which was a big, fat lie.

Then my stomach added its own song to my symphony of misery. It roiled and churned until I seriously considered emptying whatever still lurked there. Onto Qui-Gon?s foot if necessary.

Suddenly I remembered why I didn?t drink that often.

Even the rather illuminating conversation I [i]almost[/i] remembered from the night before was not worth this.

When I decided that I might be able to move without dying, I looked around for my hoverchair. Apparently my eyeballs had joined the rebellion.

I?m pretty sure they were filled with sand and lava. I knew I would have to avoid a mirror at all costs for a while.

My hoverchair was across the room. I closed my eyes, welcomed the blessed darkness. After thinking about it (another painful endeavor) I vaguely remembered Qui-Gon declaring that I [i]wasn?t[/i] heavy and that he most certainly [i]could[/i] carry me across the room without resorting to the Force, but at least we now knew the answer to that little dilemma. He could not. At least not after too many drinks.

That solved the mystery of how I ended up on the floor.

The couch was behind me, so I just leaned back against it and closed my eyes again. That was definitely better than having them open.

I don?t remember falling asleep again but I must have because I woke to hear Qui-Gon retching loudly enough to wake the dead?or one very hung over friend.

At that point, I really wasn?t sure the aftermath was worth the lancing of the wounds that had taken place last night.

My head throbbed again.

Yeah, probably not worth it.

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_shame_on_you] Jedi should know better than to overindulge. :p

Loved it. :D

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Overindulge and probably not even the Force to help them.[face_sick]
    WOW Sian, wait until Qui-Gon wakes!

Great update=D=

13. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    One of his feet was under my head. I suppose I had used it as a rather smelly pillow in the night. It is certainly large enough for that purpose.

Yikes.[face_sick]
    Maybe I'm prejudiced by the feet of my bf, but using feet for a pillow is not something I'd ever do. I can't drink that much. I think.

Suddenly I remembered why I didn?t drink that often.

Too late.:p

I vaguely remembered Qui-Gon declaring that I wasn?t heavy and that he most certainly could carry me across the room without resorting to the Force, but at least we now knew the answer to that little dilemma. He could not. At least not after too many drinks.

Sound like an innocent enought endeavour for two drunken guys. I heard about much worse.

Yeah, probably not worth it.

Hey, it was your idea, Sian, take it like a woman.:p
    I wonder how Jinn will take being so hung over, if he'll balme Sian, and if all the progress of the night will come to naught because of that.
    I hope not.[face_worried]

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I probably shouldn't laugh at the guy's hungover state but...[face_laugh][face_laugh]

At least Sian wasn't bad off enough to be sick...at least not yet :p

Poor Qui. Taking all the blame for his padawan's fall :_| :_|

Didn't he have any other padawans who didn't turn to the darkside before training Xanatos he could focus on? :_| :_|

Great updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    haha. That's funny. And I'm really behind. Poor Qui-Gon. Poor Sian.

And, since it's pretty late at night, I'm going to top before I say something that makes less sense than the above.

I'm enjoying this. Can't wait for the next bit.

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Alexis_Wingstar I agree, they SHOULD! [face_whistling]

earlybird-obi-wan I think Sian is safe...at least until Qui-Gon feels better. [face_mischief]

MsLanna Boys will be boys...so they say! :p

KELIA I don't remember reading about any in the New Essential Chronology :_|

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Thanks for reading!

[b]Entry #20[/b]

I thought I was doing badly but then Qui-Gon came stumbling into his living room. I would have laughed, but I was rather afraid that my head would explode. Qui-Gon looked as bad as I felt.

?This is all [i]your[/i] fault,? he hissed and then held his head and moaned.

I admit that it made me feel just a tiny bit better to see him in such a sorry state. Being so damned big, he really can hold more alcohol before he starts feeling its effects. Unfair but true.

At some point, I remember a rather stupid wrestling match. We had decided that to make up for not being able to use my legs, Qui-Gon would have to give up the use of one arm and be blindfolded. I?m still a little fuzzy on how we came up with that particular arrangement, but the blindfold was still hanging around Qui-Gon?s neck.

I noticed that he had a rather large green mark on his cheek. Suddenly, I recalled telling him that he would look rather dashing with a tattoo and hunting down a marker to give him an idea of the new look.

I?m still not sure what it was [i]supposed[/i] to be, but now it resembled a large blob of Hutt slime.

?You look pretty pathetic,? I told him.

?Keep that up and I?ll toss your chair out a window,? he came back with admirable speed. Apparently, he recovers quickly.

I sighed and shrugged. ?Help me into my chair, you idiot.?

?Aw, you sweet-talker you,? he murmured and he bent down to lift me up.

Funny, it had always bothered me when the healers would lift me into my chair and if I?d been feeling more like myself I would have hauled myself up into it, but Qui-Gon just picked me up as if it was nothing and deposited me in my chair.

The fact that he didn?t make a big deal of it helped, at least a little bit.

?Stars you?re a pain,? he muttered.

?I?m [i]your[/i] pain,? I told him with a shaky grin.

?Force help me.? He frowned at me, probably sensing that I wasn?t going to let our conversation go. Once I felt even remotely human again, I?d be back at it.

?Isn?t that the truth??

17. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Sian drew on him with a marker, that's awesome. [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Silly drunk Jedi boys ;)

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    As big as they are and still acting like younglings[face_laugh]=D=

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] Enjoyable update as always. :D I'm too tired to say anything more.

20. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I thought I was doing badly but then Qui-Gon came stumbling into his living room. I would have laughed, but I was rather afraid that my head would explode. Qui-Gon looked as bad as I felt.

:p Good start of a bad day. I'm sure Qui-Gon would have liked to see his head explode.

And remembering what you did by scraps of evidence. Now I must assume that you know what you're talking about. I know... [face_hangover]

And it seems that the ice is broken. Good, so next time Sian won't have to go through all that tapping, singing and annoying again. Though it would be great fun to read again.:D

21. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?Stars you?re a pain,? he muttered.

?I?m your pain,? I told him with a shaky grin.

?Isn?t that the truth??

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

And I firmly believe Sian will be the one to help Qui-Gon move on after loosing Xani to the darkside...ah, after the drinking, wrestling, and tattooing are over that is :p

I don't remember reading about any in the New Essential Chronology

No? :_| :_| :_|

I guess that's what the world of AU fan fiction is for :D

Perhaps someone will get the urge/plot bunny to write one sometime *glances hopefully at author*

Great update

=D==D==D==D=

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Layren Boys will be boys! :p

earlybird-obi-wan They're young at heart! :D

Alexis_Wingstar I'm quite happy with that! ;)

MsLanna Well, Jinn is rather stubborn. [face_whistling]

KELIA Fan Fic heals all those wounds, doesn't it? :D

[b]Entry #21[/b]

Somehow we managed not to die. I?m still not sure how or why. Perhaps the Force was merciful, or perhaps the Force is a vengeful demon who only wanted to laugh at our sufferings.

Either way, we?re both alive to tell the tale.

Qui-Gon has gone back to his quarters, still surly and red-eyed, but I detected a hint of humor in those blue eyes. Sort of, his eyes are still rather bloodshot. After he left, I sat in my chair and listened to the silence of the place as it settled in around me.

Perhaps that is what I miss most about my Padawan?the noise that came from simply having him around. It?s not that he was a noisy boy, far from it. If there was yelling or pounding or kicking going on, it was usually the Master doing it.

No, it is the quiet sounds of him that I miss. The pad of his feet down the hall, the soft clink of dishes as he put them away, the sound of the shower in the morning, the muffled humming as he did his homework.

All such humble sounds, lacking any significance, but their absence strikes a dart through me.

I know what Qui-Gon faces when he goes back to that empty apartment. Every corner will be filled with what is not there. Xanatos should be sitting on the couch, rummaging for food in the kitchen, heading out the door to a sparring session.

But instead, he?s not. He?s not anywhere, not really, not for Qui-Gon at least.

?I lost him,? Qui-Gon confessed. ?Whatever I thought he felt for me?for the Order?it was all a lie.?

That is what haunts Qui-Gon, that he could have misread the situation, and Xanatos, so badly. His confidence is shaken and his spirit is sore.

I lost Trin in the most horrible way possible, or so I thought. But at least when he died, he had not turned his back on me and everything I had to offer. He had not spurned every lesson I had every taught him, every truth that I hold dear. He died and left me alone through no fault of his own.

And when he died, I still had his memory to treasure.

Qui-Gon, however, is denied that comfort and I have a feeling that the healing will be slow and painful for him.

Stars, I hate it when these maudlin moods descend upon me. I feel as if I should be starring in some angst-ridden holovid, crying copious tears at every turn. I?m embarrassed of myself.

Funny that tears do not come now, now when I might find comfort in them.

That?s the tragedy of real life?sometimes a hurt is too big for something as mundane as tears.

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm confused... I thought they were in Qui-Gon's quarters...

Oh well, anyway, [:D] [:D] for Sian. You'll be fine and with your help so will Qui-gon.

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon, being a good friend, escorted Sian back. :p

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great update and give Sian some hugs[:D][:D] and don't forget Qui-Gon[:D][:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.