main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Underworld~ Are you Lycan or Vampire? A Fan Club.

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by dragonsith13, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I thought it was better than the first one myself. I remember not caring too much for the inner-city warfare between the Lycan's and the Vampires.

2. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I was looking through my DVD case and read through the comic given... there is an advertisment... about a Underworld Comic series. So I was right about the comics.

3. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Yes and no.

You said that it was based on a comic which isn't true in any way shape or form. ;)
    Like I said in my first post there was a prequel-esq mini-series (link goes to IDW publishing's Underworld site) that came out after the first movie that followed the early history of Raze one of the Lycans from the first movie. Problem was that it all took place in Africa far earlier then it should of been. Once Evolutions came out and we got a concrete timeline and location for the first Lycans it ended up contradicting a lot of what was said in the mini.

So yes you're technically correct about there being comics but they are based off the world created by the movies, not the other way around. It really wouldn't even be considered a series, just a mini-series so you are also, unfortunately, technically wrong :p

4. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    :_|

Fine! :mad:

Yes you are right I was mistaken. :)

5. Forbidden_Priestess

Forbidden_Priestess Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2006
    I saw in the comic store that Underworld Evolution has a comic book that goes with it.

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Yep, there is a comic adaptation for it as well. I hadn't heard about IDW doing it so when I saw it in the comic store it came as quite a surprise.

I enjoyed the art more then the orginal adaptation.

7. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Forbidden_Priestess I saw this too, when I was at the comic store! I did not have any money for it at the time, but you are right weezer, the art of it was really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.