main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Undivided Attention. L/M. One shot. For Gemma.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 22, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

Note: Luke and Mara set their priorities. ;)

~~~!

After returning from a trading run, Mara Jade wanted some uninterrupted time with Luke. Their romance had blossomed unexpectedly and even though they tried to keep it out of the Holo-Press, it was only a matter of time. But until then ...

Then, all during their candlelight dinner, Luke had been rude enough to answer his comm-pager not once, but three times, and to rush off the third time.

"Can't you delegate?" Mara fumed. "I have been away for three weeks, and the welcome I get ... I might as well have stayed gone!"

"Mara!" Luke pleaded. He tried putting on a helpless air but she wasn't buying it.

"It's not like these are really emergencies and that you're actually the only one who is qualified to handle crises. Or do you just get off on the head trip?"

Luke scowled. "That's uncalled for."

"Is it?" Mara planted her hands on her hips and glared at him. Her emerald eyes were like chips of ice.

Luke sighed.

"You could at least do me the courtesy of screening your pages." She suggested. "Is that too much to ask?"

When he shook his head affirming that it wasn't, he also reached to turn it to a vibration mode.

"Thanks, but the mood is quite ruined for me. The last thing I had in mind was an interrupted dinner." Mara said disgusted. "Definitely puts the squelch on any dessert."

Luke confided in Han, who was an expert in placating an irate lover.

Armed with a large box of sweet confections and a dozen Vilalie lilies, Mara's favorites, Luke arranged a candlelight dinner the very next evening.

Mara was almost set to be obstinate but she could sense his true contrition, so she decided to be conciliated.

Dinner was much smoother this time, since she had his undivided attention.

"I really did miss you Mara." Luke told her as they set the dishes in the auto-clean. "I promise not to be so ... thoughtless."

Mara smiled. "We have to take advantage of all the time we get between our various comings and goings."

Luke grinned. "I have a ripple bath going. Complete with fragrant essences. Mind if I join you?"

Mara felt the butterflies forming in anticipation.

"I don't mind at all."

For once, Han's advice had come in very handy ...

Rule #1: Pagers off--unless the building's on fire or someone's been kidnapped.

++++

Gemma LOL

[:D]

Gemma likes this.
  2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Aw, very cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    WOW --- I can clearly hear the tones in their voices here - awesome. I can also envision Luke during the slight head tilt like he does in ESB while arguing with Yoda when he didn't know he was Yoda. Glad Han's advice worked this time. Thank you very very much. :D[:D]@};- (I saved an evening this summer by turning off my cell.)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! @};- :)

Relieved about getting their voices just right ...

I figure this would be a hurdle of any early relationship, especially with Luke's high sense of responsibility and everyone sorta used to crying help at the drop of a hat :p I love early starts for L/M too. :D And Luke getting used to smoothing things over [face_laugh] Bit of fun for the both of them [face_mischief]

Gemma likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    sweet piece and just real life with GSM's and pagers