main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Unfinished Plots, Missing Links and the Storytelling Tapestry in New Canon - an Ongoing Compilation

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Jun 21, 2019.

1. cherifzachary

cherifzachary Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 16, 2018
    I would not be surprised if we get more stories with Saw Gerrera and how he got his injuries at some point down the line. Maybe we will get to see the backstory that was cut out of rogue one with him and Jyn.

I read an interview made after season 5, of the clone wars of Dave Filoni where he said he wanted to show us the mandalorian civil war and the origin of satine and bo katan.

Lucas apparently asked for Quinlan Vos to survive order 66 and there were some speculation he and Obi wan would team up in the Star Wars underworld tv show.
    Filoni said that the clone wars would eventually show us the reason why the seperatist council from ROTS was formed and I am guessing this would have been in the unproduced return to Mon Cala arc. Also there is a bunch of unproduced clone wars episodes still left that could pop up eventually including yoda discovering the sith temple under the jedi temple.
    FIloni also said we would see how boba fett got his armor in the BTS for season 2. He also said we would see why mandalorian armor evolved to have more colors and more diversity between the OT and the clone wars.

2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    These latest announcements from Disney Investor Day are glorious:

https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lucasfilm-projects-revealed

10.12.20 announced:

Rangers of the New Republic

Ahsoka

Cassian „Andor“

Obi Wan Kenobi

Rogue Squadron Movie by Patty Jenkins

Acolyte, a High Republic live action tv show by Lesley Hyland

The Bad Batch (animated TCW continuation)

unnamed Taika Waititi feature film project

Lucasfilm Animation is teaming up with Lucasfilm’s visual effects team, Industrial Light & Magic, to develop a special @StarWars adventure film for @DisneyPlus, A Droid Story. This epic journey will introduce us to a new hero guided by R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Leslye Headland brings a new @StarWars series to @DisneyPlus with The Acolyte. “The Acolyte” is a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era.

The galaxy’s favorite scoundrel, Lando Calrissian, will return in Lando, a brand-new event series for @DisneyPlus. Justin Simien (@JSim07) is in the early stages of developing the project.

Star Wars: Visions, an Original Series of animated short films, celebrates the @StarWars
    galaxy through the lens of the world’s best Japanese anime creators. Coming in 2021 to @DisneyPlus

Hayden Christensen returns as Darth Vader, joining Ewan McGregor in OBI-WAN KENOBI. The Original Series begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Revenge of the Sith, and is coming to #DisneyPlus.

Ahsoka, a new Original Series, starring @RosarioDawson and set within the timeline of @TheMandalorian, is coming to @DisneyPlus

Rangers of the New Republic, a new Original Series set within the timeline of @TheMandalorian, is coming to @DisneyPlus

Indiana Jones 5 in preproduction, July 2022 release

Willow D+ series 2022

PS:

Where is the already announced Boba Fett microseries and logo???

Nothing on live action Aphra or an animated Rebels Sequel show?

Given this is their 10 year plan, do we have to wait 10 more years for those? I wonder how the plan will hold up or be adapted to changing times over the years.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Has this been officially announced? I haven't seen anything on StarWars.com.

Maybe cause they're not actually happening?

Right now it looks like the Ahsoka series is the most likely place to follow up the sequel hooks dropped by Rebels.

4. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I am sure not everything upcoming is announced yet and Fett was announced but without a Logo. Other rumored shows may be announced in the future as other insiders claim. We'll see.

But back to the announced shows and analysing them deeper:

I grouped the shows together for I see connective tissue between those grouped the most despite other crossovers and all era characters and cultures connecting them all.

Taika Waititi's unnamed movie
    "The Acolyte" High Republic's end series

With Taika taiking probably a pre-High Republic approach if the double-pyramid concept art is any indicator, and with the Acolyte giving us the end of the High Republic era that expands for many years before the shows hits probably at the later part of the 10 year plan of Disney, I see both of these projects framing the narrative past they are exploring. Even with unannounced shows and stuff in between both of those are key markers. Taika might give us very ancient Jedi and Sith stuff maybe or maybe not tied to the Mortis family and Tython as well as the 2000+ year old Jedi distress signal TCW mentioned. Maybe we get pre-Bane Sith and Ruin from Lucas notes expanded? I doubt we use Ach-To here or the very beginning but rather an early beginning and part of history, whereas the High Republics end and leading over to earliest PT times shortly before the births of Dooku, Palpatine, etc. will be in the Acolyte with Plagueis, Yoda and other known entities coming more and more into play here as the by then known High Republic characters fade and pass the torch to the PT era people and their direct ancestors.

"Mandalorian"
    "Ahsoka"
    "Rangers of the New Republic"
    "Rogue Squadron"

The Mandalorian's story most likely will continue to unite Mandalorians and ultimately spill into the restoration and retaking of Mandalore itself. With main nemesis Gideon growing to be more and more dangerous a villain instead of getting replaced by bigger and badder ones as f.e. Rebels did, the story has room to expand villains and heroes both. Personally I do not see Bo-Katan rule again or get the darksaber back. Din though might if he ever wanted to or rises to that level of leadership over the seasons.
    Boba Fett is only a side story but a great one to the show that will have its own spinoff, brief as it may be, but I am glad his Mandalorian heritage got adressed as the show rounds up all Mandos, including upcoming Sabine Wren one day or season.
    Other characters Mando started or cameoed got their own shows like Ahsoka and Rangers and they will be seen again if stories overlap, but as Ahsoka and Sabine's search for Ezra as well as Rangers own duty for the New Republic against Imperial holdouts, pirates and more their separate stories will reunite in major crossover events like the DC tv shows did. So what story might reunite these spinoffs into seasonal recurring crossover events? Obviously, that got to be none other than Grand Admiral Thrawn. Ahsoka seeks him to find Ezra, the Rangers once learning about him need to find him and take out a threat, Mando likewise needs to cut Gideon off from his support. United by enemy and goals, they will team up and go their own shows ways afterwards again until one more season brings another uniting event or enemy, or maybe even Thrawn again.
    If Rogue Squadron is placed after Mando or before we do not know, but I think it might tie nicely into the era of Imperial Warlord holdouts and the rising threat of Thrawn's return.

"The Bad Batch"
    "Kenobi"
    "Lando"
    "Cassian Andor"

Another era united by it's villains it seems. The Bad Batch's second Clone War during the Rise of the Empire and the various incarnations and early beginnings of rebellion are key to the story alongside Jedi purges of course. Looming large over all this are Sidious, Vader and even Crimson Dawn and Maul or Jabba the Hutt. Young Boba Fetts rise as well as other characters like younger Moff Gideon, Tarkin, Krennic and else.
    More personal than Bad Batch, Kenobi continues the trend as Inquisitors, special clone unites and Vader hunt Jedi and Lukes secret is more and more difficult to be kept forcing Kenobi to leave his hut and get active in misleading and distracting anybody getting too close to finding the kid. If this culimates in a rematch with Vader or twist that lets Kenobi get away his trail running cold as someone else, maybe even Maul faces off against Vader remains to be seen.
    Portraying the fun scoundrel side of adventure and crime, Lando will maybe prequel or sequel the Solo movie and give us more Crimson Dawn as well as Empire from a different pov. Hutts included of course, we may even get some archeological sides of Lando that connect to High Republic or Taika's take (and maybe even one or the other Aphra as cameo?). While not Maul, I think Qi'ra may appear most likely and hopefully Han and Chewie too occasionally. Maybe even young Lobot.
    Cassian then brings us back to the rebellion and war and its beginnings, concurrent to Rebels with lots of cameo and expansion potential that will probably, despite being its own thing, dive deep into the spygame side of things with Draven, Mon Mothma, Imperial Intelligence and a lot of concurrent Legends and canon history and characters to draw from.
    Here too a lot of crossovers between shows are to be expected despite a more temporal distance between them compared to the post ROTJ batch of shows. Seasonal recurring crossover events though are less likely, unless characters from another show appear in such outside from their own shows timelinespot which is highly likely.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@ColeFardreamer

If i had to guess Thrawn might the unifying force (hehh....I made a funny) that this special event series will have. A Thanos or Loki like figure that unites our avengers of TV series.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  6. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012
    Where was a Fett show announced? I don't remember it being announced in the live stream, and it's not listed in the StarWars.com article.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  7. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    It was “announced” as such, by Deadline, who claimed it was actively being filmed right now.

8. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012
    Ah, so it hasn't been officially announced after all. Thanks @SyndicThrass.

SyndicThrass and darthzac14 like this.
  9. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I was wondering about what places SW Storytelling might go with Animation or Lifeaction in the future and looking at what they did in the past, both have already been emulating many styles, genres and topics. None beholden to only one concept or style. It can be dark, grim wartales, it can be lighthearted adventure, even humor, romance, mystical or deeply spiritual up to intellectual and religious. SW covers truly it all. TCW was so diverse with characters and stories, Rebels while more compact with its cast varied its episodes still between all these genres and styles. Even Mando does that in Lifeaction, being able to give us a diverse and always fresh series of episodes. No series is beholden to a single style. A grim war show can be fun, a mystical Jedi tale can be more than just the Force.

Now with so many upcoming shows I wondered what styles and tricks did the SW TV-verse not pull yet that other media did? And in comparison, the MCU shows also are very diverse using many storytelling tricks and defying expectations, which SW can do well.

So without further ado, some ideas I came up with:

> Can SW do f.e. a musical episode? Should it? Before you scream in dread, wait and listen! The most successful musical episods to date are still that of Buffy and very few other shows. Most actually failed that challenge. There are of course good and terrible ways to do musical episodes in shows. It should feel natural, stay canon and not feel like an out of place episode. Hence it needs setup and make sense. SW might do it: Old classic Marvel comics often had some really weird and obscure elements other SW media so far did not touch upon. But they are loved and referenced and a lot is coming back so why not pull from them again to create a SW musical experience inuniverse?
    -Have characters, serious non-musical ones like Mando and his gang f.e. stumble upon a culture not befitting them be it Zeltros and its shrill pink partystyle or others likewise exotic. They are of course out of place there and out of their comfort zone instantly. Have a mission or adventure or travel mishap end them in such a place and people and force them to adapt to get away or on with their quest.
    -Unbeknownst to the heroes the species pheromones begin to work on them, they are manipulated which the viewer may realize before the characters themselves. And before you hit the first commercial break you got some characters wonder about others behaving weird and unnormal. Of course it only works if done well visually, stylewise and with truly good music everyone will like despite the makers having to choose a style or music genre not everyone might like. Be as it may, guardians of the galaxy, deadpool style we may get fun interactions of quirky characters with the usually anything other than quirky heroes and learn of a new side of them before they can get away and make it out of harms and pheromones way.
    -Zeltrons, Falleen we got plenty SW go to options for making such happen. Just look how Mando Mr. I never show my face had to do just that to not get caught by Imperials one episode. Some folks may do anything for a mission... even if deep undercover maybe dance for a Hutt or two? Inuniverse Mandalorian Maori Haka in the Book of Boba Fett? Jaxxon in Life Action? Hey if Doctor Aphra may get her Lifeaction Debut... he will too. They can then challenge each other for who will be the SW equivalent of Deadpool's mouthy 4th wall breaking redsuited Bunny.

> Female Indiana Jones turned more Belloq than Henry Jones crossed with Deadpool as a green Bunny is a bestselling concept right there! Add murderbots and Dr. Evazan wearing Vong ooglith masquers and you got yourself a crew. Of course adult Vulada is the hero that narrates the show... all else is open to interpretation of what really happened.

> How about a Lifeday episode homaging the SW Holliday Special and upcoming Lifeday publications already announced?

> Dathomir's Witches may not be the only witches around for long if other eras draw from Lifewitches and other magick of old Marvel and Newspaperstrip fame.

> Give me way more Kenner Minirigs in Lifeaction use, that'd be epic!

> SW already crossed off all movie and lit references one can possibly come up with to get a SW retelling, but can we have a second take at the same classic source? Of course we can! Jules Verne, Shakespeare, Grimm Fairy Tales, Arthurian myth and more might all be drawn from multiple times.
    -Catch me if you can style Aphra hunted on the run across the galaxy in 80 days?
    -Journey to the Center of the Galaxy as Luke meets the Force Priestesses with Grogu?
    -And can a kiss wake the princess sleeping in a bed made of carbonite for over a millennium as her loyal army awaits equally frozen in time?
    -What will transpire when the galactic elder houses see their posessions taken by the New Republic as reparations for their support of the Empire? Or will Mothma fear loosing their support and grant them forgiving their crimes if they support her?
    -how about a House on Haunted Hill type horror tale for halloween (not Vader's Castle this time) but a group of Republic Agents exploring the Imperial Palace on Coruscant checking for traps, leftover data and treasures as well as stumbling upon old Sith and Jedi secrets in the basement?

harryhenry likes this.
  10. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    The loose threads which I am most curious about are the obscure characters, events and factions which are mentioned a handful of times across multiple stories.

Characters like Grand General Loring, and factions like the New Separatist Union, the Sovereign Latitudes of Maracavanya, the Confederacy of Corporate Systems, the Droid Gotra, Crymorah Syndicate, and the Rang Clan. There are so many stories to be told which don't involve the main faction(s) in a given time period.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. harryhenry

harryhenry Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2015
    I have seriously wondered about if a MUSICAL Star Wars story could work as well! I've bounced ideas for how it could work around in my head for a while, but my big premise was this: Mando being told to track down something called "The Mythosaurs". He's intrigued, at first. He knows they went extinct, so he's curious as to what this could be... a guild? A gang? hHe finds himself in some backwater planet (something that looks like the one in Season 2's opening) and is led down to this large room. When he opens the door, he finds... a Mandalorian-themed rock band, with them performing for a huge crowd in fake Mando armour, with a huge mythosaur skull in the background as decoration, which they took from an old, busted theme park on Mandalore. Mando's... frankly LIVID, he was able to accept going against the creed, but this just spits in the face of what he's trying to do. Not to mention, he feels like he's been led on a wild goose chase while he SHOULD be going on more important adventures.

But that's just a start, haven't worked out the rest yet.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  12. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    @harryhenry make that band played by The Hu as their official cameo and SOLD!

harryhenry likes this.
  13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@ColeFardreamer

This hasn't been updated in a while. Anything changed. Bad Batch finished up, the Comics are doing War of the Bounter Hunters stuff...High Republic is in phase 2.

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The mid-rim offensive will never get the attention it deserves which is a real waste.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    No reason to think the MRO will never get some attention at some point. Like so many other interesting tidbits - those early Rebel victories mentioned in Star Wars #4, for example - it's there in the toybox, waiting to be played with. The problem is just that there's a lot of toys in there at the moment.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh yes, it's only been 5 years or so, let's wait another 5 years or 10, shall we?

In the interim we'll find out about that pirate SSD too. Wait, no, we probably won't.

Most of the time I've ceased to care about either but this is the unfinished plots thread.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  17. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Might be five years, might be ten, might be more. Why place a time limit? We still know virtually zero about the Crymorah, and they've been floating around the background since the reboot began. Having a healthy backlog of story hooks and plot strings to follow up on now and then is a good thing.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's useful to have that but when a book comes out and adds stuff in but which is left hanging, its natural to think those pieces will be picked up by another story - as why include them at all if not? - instead of being left to wither to the point where it's practically forgotten.

Stories remaining unconcluded is a plague in SF / Fantasy - SW shouldn't acquire the accursed habit.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You know i wonder the Missing Imperial Fleet thing is supposed to be Palpatine's Exegol Fleet or not, I'm still 50/50 on all that.

Also because if this Thrawn Trilogy redux is happening like i suspect it is why not make the Katana fleet the missing Imperial Fleet from Jakku or Aftermath or whatever that started from.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    For me the difference between the Aftermath and Alphabet Squadron is illustrative.

Aftermath threw a load of stuff in. It was the first new take on the post-Endor situation. So you'd think with the pieces it left unconcluded that those would be picked up to form a neat tapestry of tales. But nope.

In contrast the Alphabet Squadron trilogy is a far tidier work. It resolves and ties up its stories. There isn't much in the way of unanswered questions.

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I get your point

Still since Mandoverse isn't afraid to take stuff from Aftermath I mean heck Cobb Vanth appeared never thought i'd see that I think that missing Imperial Fleet or Flleets sub plot would be a fun continuation of said plot thread

Just have that be our new canon Katana fleet Thrawn happens to find

But this is just me spitballing ideas

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2021
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Well, for the time being a lot of projects are announced and we have next to no intel on them as they take long to produce, delayed by pandemics and directors taking their time with other projects too. I think, a lot hinges on these projects as major anchor points and I discussed these previously already. Even the tv projects that we already discussed need to evolve over several seasons and are still in play.
    While they probably come up with countless new ideas and hooks, most told before still is valid.

Bad Batch will continue as expected into a "Second Clone War redux" kinda and tie closer into the Zahniverse revival that Mando and Co are doing post doing than expected given a certain Mountain base showing up in its finale. So I expect other shows like Andor and co also featuring references and ties, even if not major maybe as they tell their own stories.

The Comics are a wildcard as they can change game much faster than tv or movies might. The current War of the Bounty Hunters seems inspired by similiar events between TESB and ROTJ in Legends but not beholden to any of those stories or characters. WotBH seems to be a setup for secret star Qi'ra to be back on fans minds and salvage her story that got cut short due to no Solo 2 so far on the horizon. So from that event on radiating outwards we will in the future get more of her, filling in the rest of her timeline. That could be comics or novels doing, but also and more likely tv even as Lando could maybe get what Solo 2 was meant to be and as her revival seems to indirectly hint at her survival and involvement post ROTJ, maybe even in the expanded Mandoverse and its shows to, aside Mandos, add more of an underworld angle now that The Book of Boba Fett and other expansions are on the way.

IDW does good comics, some seem filler but there are great nuggets among their Adventures, not just the High Republic line but also the main line. But the publisher has lots of troubles that may doom it soon enough sadly and I wonder who might pick up their license as their delays get unbeareable and overseas in Europe their stuff is hard to get and in some countries even only availeable online or via ebay as they have no license to sell directly there.

That aside, the books seem to be firmly split between 3 tasks right now. One being the High Republic which is planned through and just needs to run its course for a few years before leading into Acolyte. Two being the occasional bestselling continuation of a previous work or author like the Padmé book series or similiar standalones. Three is rereleasing Legends books as well as adapting audio drama originals or even non canon works like Visions Ronin and the likes until movies or tv provide another anchor for tie in works.

A general lack of guidebooks also is apparent, sadly so, as RPG is gone or on hold with only miniatures ongoing slowly and overpriced and other guidebooks in second half of the year mostly always to cash in on xmas are of various qualities, with DK's rerelease gambit annoying fans and true meaty lorebooks a rarity outside of Visual Dictionaries and co that wait for new movies and sadly even for TV to finish more than one season before they start coverage.

That much for the procedure, but regarding open storyhooks and characters it seems a lot is on hold or slowed down too.

ST character stories seem to be unpopular outside supposed to be funny Lego stories testing the waters beyond Exegol with minor lore bits that might end up sticky.
    As does Solo spinoff expansions. With comics slowly warming the fanbase for a continuation via Qi'ra either post ROTJ in Mandoverse or pre-ANH in the Calrissian Chronicles.
    Rogue One already got Andor slated.
    The Prequels run on an ever thinning lifeline via the Padmé books, some IDW comic tales and mostly Bad Batch expanding TCW into post ROTJ to marry it to Rebels and the Zahniverse revival in the Mandoverse.

Separate yet growing with potential is Visions and non-canon stories or those that "might be canon and probably are or end up being" but are told from an inuniverse storyteller like the Myths & Fables line, several inuniverse pov guidebooks or story within ILM vfx, Jedi Fallen Order and other games where broad story is canon but details up to each gamer.

All in all, LFL is slowing things down, not releases but they are not rushing with handing out a lot of lore per work anymore. They have various aforementioned subsets of stories evolving (Zahniverse, Mandoverse, etc.) and lifelines for PT and the like while feeling out to post ST and distant past eras as well.

I am sure some upcoming movies will fully dive into these future and past eras and that is why they slowly tease them and test the waters of the audience. They know they can not keep doing comics or story only around the OT or PT even if there is still plenty of potential and open stuff we want.

But mostly we are still on track of what has been already considered in this topic.

Once major events like High Republic or the Mandoverse are on its last legs or rather switching from one show to others we are back to slots opening up and new ideas being announced. Next year's Celebration might bring some news, but I think even those big events celebrate more what already is there and add to the already announced, like Andor, Kenobi, Galaxy's Edge, Mando, etc. instead of bringing truly new big announcements aside this or that big character reveal in the aforementioned shows akin to the Thrawn one in the past for Rebels.

So what news may the future yet hold for us?

Of announced yet mysterious projects there are plenty:
    Taika Waititi's Movie
    Kevin Feige's Movie
    Rian Johnson still a go?
    etc.

I think, the Rogue Squadron movie will be a gamechanger. It may tie into the Mandoverse given its post ROTJ setting most likely even, but given the fans loving X-Wings, pilots and Rogue Squadron, it might kick off its own microverse within SW if done right. Previous X-Wing centric concept art that ended up unused has plenty of ideas left that could be salvaged for it.
    I hope that this movie will NOT be set before or during the Battle of Jakku. That storyfeast has been milked to death already. But it might deal with a post Jakku storyline connecting from Jakku to Mandoverse like the X-Wing books in the old Legends did, just fresh with new characters and stories but in the feel of those that inspired its creation.
    Matter of fact, if bold, Rogue Squadron could even be set during the OT and cash in on the same principle Rogue One did, showing familiar faces and stuff and have big folks only as cameos. Could it work? Rogue Squadron movie as a Rogue One style GCW story between TESB and ROTJ? The heroes are busy in comicland elsewhere with the Bounty Hunter War, so pilots like the Rogues and others need to gear up and do what they do best. That way Rogue Squadron may even be the long fanfavourited Rogue One 2 as leadin to ROTJ giving us many many many dead Bothans finally in canon!
    A third option, post ST I would exclude as the most unlikely and ridicolous idea as there are better ways to open up post ST stories and characters, especially as that era would have less ties or connections to the material that inspired the squadron and creation in the first place in Legends.

Taika Waititis project will be bold, very bold, like he is, and fun. I am sure it will be controversial amongst fans and they will build into the movie several mechanisms to ease the pain some fans might have with it. First they might make the entire movie while canon, an inuniverse retelling, that leaves room for interpretation. I am 100% sure the movie will be set in the distant past, so a historians pov framing it would be ideal.
    With Doctor Aphra wanted by fans, elevating her to tv/movie scope, she could, if not appearing in Mandoverse first, make her debut in Taika's movie as narrator of the past. If it isn't entirely an Aphra movie with past flashbacks or the past living on in the present through artifacts and history discoveries. That aside, Taika is the guy that might give us live action Jaxxon, Ewok/Droids style storytelling elements like crying Mountains or a rainbow bridge and Tho Yor's and a World between Worlds along with Mortis Ones and Force Priestesses for real. Psychedelic SW never looked brighter than the MCU cosmos before.

So with Taika kicking open the past, or a more crazy present, future directors may expand on that. Recently MCU's Eternals director, a female of oscar renown, was interviewed and hinted at a future with SW and being a lifelong SW fan. I feel she and Taika might hit into the same honeypot of stories.

Similiar inuniverse retelling effects may be used for Lando's tv show as the Calrissian Chronicles! Now a recent comic of this weeks releases gave a total number of how many Calrissian Chronicles exist in total... was that a spoiler for the total number of Lando episodes or will the show contradict that inuniverse statement? Remains to be seen! (PS: Jaxxon claimed he watched all 17 hours of the Calrissian Chronicles!)

The missing fleet story will be picked up as you suggested, I think.

The NR will be or get aware that not all Imps are accounted for and goes on the hunt. Mysterious warlord rumors as with Gideon in Mando allocate to the point of Thrawn appearing.

But instead of letting the NR follow the trail to the UR and maybe Exegol early, Imps will create a ruse. Like make the NR think Thrawns forces are the missing ones returning at long last.

Remember, originally in the Contingency the plan was not what Jax and Sloane altered it to. Thus more Imps survived than intended and found the Eclipse in the UR. Original plan was to make the NR think all Imps died along them on Jakku when it went boom. Thus nobody would have looked for more Imps and the UR. Now though they come looking and that requires a distraction to not have them find Exegol or the Eclipse fleet.

Hence utilizing Thrawns forces as if they were said remnant that fled, while the true remnant that fled under Sloane gets taken over by Snoke and kept as a second reserve between Exegol and the NR in case they still come looking again. Kinda a late change of plans to add another layer of protection aka First Order, between Final Order and NR.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@ColeFardreamer

Ooooh I like i like.

I'm always thinking of ways that New Canon Thrawn Trilogy will link nicely with New Canon Dark Empire.

24. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

well always remember, what was only theory during Legends is fact in canon ;)

The UR horrors and exploration? Well canon explores the UR alot.
    I bet the same happens to the Thrawn / Dark Empire ties theories Legends debated aplenty since the 90s. Was Thrawn working for the Emperor? Against him? Oblivious of his existance? Oblivious yet manipulated? etc.

I mean the creators still live out their childhood dreams... now we get Kenner minirigs in live action tv, Jaxxon, an entire extended Tagge family and more!

It's only a matter of time until they refound West End Games I hope lol! Or do a life action tv show EWOKS cartoon style complete with life action cheesy 80s elements! Warwick, take note! You are busy after Willow!

Disney canon can never escape his shadow! And while you connect canon Thrawn to canon Dark Empire... lets not forget canon Jedi Prince series!

25. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Don't assume Story Group has closed doors that aren't closed, is all I'm saying. Story hooks exist to be picked up by another story - it's simply a question of when.