main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Unfinished Plots, Missing Links and the Storytelling Tapestry in New Canon - an Ongoing Compilation

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Jun 21, 2019.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I suppose it depends on how closely they want Rogue Squadron to match the EU stories and legacy. As we’ve seen with the Tales of the Jedi series, they’re not above using the name of a Legends brand for something only marginally related.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    True... scary... but true.

Well whereever they set it... if it is Top Gun with either Wedge or his daughter I am fine.

Chrissonofpear2 and Jedi Ben like this.
  3. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Short update on the tv-verse front post ROTJ, if yesterdays leaks are to be trusted... nope won't link or spoil them, but lets paraphrase my thoughts on them, which actually references quite some I said before in this topic, which the leaks, if true, might confirm. So beware indirect spoilers for unconfirmed leaks:

"Star Wars: Voyager" and "Star Wars: Prodigy" ties into the "Reenactment of the Thrawn Trilogy" with tv characters taking the spots of movie ones in Legends before culminating into "Invasion" that will draw from Nagai/Tof/SsiRuuvi/Vong all at once? Definitely feels like a WHAT IF scenario to Legends similiar plots. What if they explored the UR horrors? What if Thrawn survived and managed to guard the galaxy against invasion with new allies? What if the classic Marvel Mandos helped in the plots the novel-Legends stories omitted them in?

If they go that route I would not be surprised to see the Reenlistment of Baron Fel be something Disney does with another character.

I am most curious though about the Dathomir connection and backstory offworld that ties into Lucas magick concept that is supposed to be different from the Force even if tied to the Force. Wondering here if we get more Legends callbacks like "ancient aliens as precursors and gods" and the like as well.

MercenaryAce likes this.