main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Union of the Empires greatest Warriors (Thrawn, Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Nov 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000

Union of the Empires greatest Warriors

Raal Lordaq looked over the bridge of the "Paladin".

The ten kilometer long behemoth had arrived at Attil two days ago, together with four huge transporters, that had carried the replacement crews for the captured ships of the New Republic and should now bring the soldiers of the New Republic to a secure prisonfacility. More than threehundredseventythousand men, women and its, who had formed the crews of the eightynine ships of the 31th fleet, that hadn´t been destroyed in the battle of Attil.

The majority of the important figures of the entire enterprise were assembled.

"Enterprise." Raal Lordaq thought with a grim smile on his face. "Lets be honest, we are talking about the start of a war."

The old ruler wasn´t afraid of war, nor was he afraid of death. What he was afraid of, what he even hated with as much passion as was left in his heart after a live of more than hundred years, was the idea of failure, especially the kind of failure, which was caused by lazy and clumsy preperations. Lordaq was sure, he had done everything within his power to prevent defeat and to achive victory, but he also knew, that no battleplan survived the first contact with the enemy. But for now, everything was going exactly as planned and it was time to make the next step.

Taking a last look over the towering figure of Mitthraw Vader, the Chiss-scoundrel and newly promoted "Admiral" Knerwn, Mitthraws second-in-command Two and his nephew Teosh Finn (he would have to talk to the boy about his relationship to Two, were they really thinking he wouldn´t notice?) he nodded to Knerwn to step forward.

"Your big moment, Admiral." he said with a sarcastic edge in his voice. "If you manage to convince the politicians of Coruscant like you did with this Bothan Admiral and those emissaries, they will believe, that our victory three days ago was because of superior tactical skills only and not due to superior numbers or the coordination of our ships with the force."

He glared at Mitthraw. The plan had been a brilliant idea, but it had been very dared nevertheless. "That should give them somthing to think about. You know your text?"

"Of course i do, Mylord." the smuggler answered with a smug smile. "Have a little faith in me."

---------------

Inside the senatechamber of the New Republic, Leia Organa Solo, the members of her government and the majority of the elected representants were listening to the halfannual report of the secretary of economy, when the speech of the man was suddenly interupted.

"Madam President, Senators." shouted one of the senatorial aides, storming into the chamber. "You have to see this!"

"What is this interruption about?" demanded Fey´lya to know.

"Don´t you see, that we are in a serious ... ." tried the senator from Chandrila to add, but was oversounded by the representant of Kashyyyk. The wookiee was hollowing.

"Would you please all be silent." ordered Leia. "I want to know what he has to say."

The man bowed politly. "My appologies, Madam President, for the interruption of your meeting, but you have to see this."

He quickly stepped forward and activated one of the main holoprojectors of the room.

"Since ten minutes we recieve this message. It seems that is broadcasted throughout the galaxy."

In the field a symbol became visible. An open hand and a hand turned into a fist. A symbol Leia had no difficulties to identify as the symbol of the Therilias-Autarcy. But this time it was underlayed with flames.

"Attention. This message from the ruling leader of the Therilias-Autarcy is for the government of the New Republic and the people of the galaxy. Attention. This message ... ."

After three or four more repeats the symbol was suddenly replaced by the image of a blueskinned man in a uniform of darkblue colour. His glowing red eyes looked intimidating into the holocamera. He remained silent for a short moment, before he started to speak.

"Gentlebeings of the galaxy, i´m Admiral Knerwn in service of the Therilias-Autarcy

2. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    In one word: GREAT!!!!! And the second word is...........MORE!!!!!! :)

3. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "The tale of Darth Vaders Son".

Next update on this story soon.

4. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000

Jaina Solo was walking through the corridors of the new senatorial building. Well, not that new, Kuellers terroristic attack that had destroyed the old building was half a decade ago.

The twelve year old girl had decided to visit her mother in her office, despite the fact, that her mothers aide Winter had told her via comlink, that Leia was in a meeting with other senators. From experience Jaina knew, that those sessions could be finished in a short amount of time or last for hours and she had dared to take the risk of the later.

Jaina didn´t know why or what, but suddenly the atmosphere seemed to have changed. From the calm and dignified aura demanded by the building she was in, to fearful and insecure. Looking up she noted people walking through the corridor with hurry or assembling together and discussing with worry and concern in their voices.

Their voices were loud enough for the young girl to understand, although it didn´t made much sense to her.

"... thirty ships destroyed and more than eighty captured intact."

"... more than hundredtwentythousand crewers and soldiers dead."

"... tell you Thrawn has returned."

"... Thrawn is dead."

"... then how do you explain such a disaster."

"... Admiral of the enemy-fleet was of the same species."

"..., its all the Bothans fault."

Jaina had stepped closer, without being recognized.

"Excuse me." she asked politely. The group of people ignored her.

"I said excuse me." Jaina repeated with a slightly raised voice. Despite that, she was still ignored.

For a moment she wondered what her mother would have done, but then decided to act like her aunt Mara.

"SORRY FOR INTERRUPTING YOUR DISCUSSION, BUT WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME, WHATS GOING ON." she shouted.

That got her the attention of the crowd.

"Thats nothing for you, girl." one woman said.

"How should i know, if nobody tells me?" asked Jaina back.

"Don´t get impudent, little one." threatened another man.

"Answer her question." hissed suddenly somebody with a low voice. Turning around the members of the crowd discovered a small grey figure stepping out of the shadows. Jaina was suddenly able to sense the rising of fear in those beings. Nearly everybody of those people was twice the size of the Noghri and he was clearly outnumbered, so Jaina would have thought their reaction to be funny, hadn´t she known, what the small alien was capable of.

"Uhem, sorry." muttered a young man. "We didn´t recognized you to belong to the Presidents family. Your Jaina Solo, right?"

"Yes. And neighter me nor my bodyguard intended to scare you, but i have asked three times now, whats going on and never got an answer." Jaina explained, giving the young man a friendly smile.

"In that case, you should take a look at the actual news reports, or ask your mother." suggested the man, who had threarened her only moments ago with sarcasm. "I´m sure she knows more than we ordinary citicens."

"Don´t be unfair." scolded one of the women in the group. "After all, she is still a kid." She turned back to Jaina. "It seems we are going to have another war, little one. Another war and the first battle is already lost."

5. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "The tale of Darth Vaders Son".

6. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    For a long time, i finally managed to write TWO updates of stories of mine at the same time. Yeah.

I updated "The Colliding of Empires" and "The tale of Darth Vaders Son".

Next update on this story soon.

7. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000

I hope you all will enjoy this update, because its a big one.

Slowly Leia Organa Solo took place in her seat behind the desk in her office. Tired she rubbed her temples. She had called her aide Winter and ordered her to announce a meeting of the defensecouncil. On an impuls she had also ordered Div Valim the current secretary of economy to be there. The meeting would be tomorrow.

She had also ordered to cut every attempt on communications to her office, already people were calling and asking whats going on and what they should do and ... .

Leia wasn´t able to remember a time when she had had such a headache before. Or perhaps she had suffered from one before, but had been young enough to be able to ignore it.

With a sigh the thirtyeight year old head of state took a careful look around. Then she looked at the clean plate of her desk and slammed her forehead against it.

And again.

The cold feeling of the desk and the physical pain worked wonders to her headache. Not much, but at least a little bit.

"Blast Lordaq." she thought. "Blast Lordaq and his damned autarcy. Blast senate, blast 31th fleet, blast Bothans, blast ..., i hate them, i hate them, i hate them."

Of course she didn´t meant anything of it seriously. But it was a kind of relief. She would need a clear head to deal with this new crisis. The buzz of her comlink interrupted her thoughts. Taking a deep breath she activated the comlink.

"I told you, that i wasn´t to be disturbed, Winter." she nearly shouted at her aide and long time friend.

"Yes, but in that case i think and exception is alright, your highness. Your daughter is here."

"Jaina?" thought Leia. That was something else. "Sent her in."

The door opened and Jaina stepped in.

"Hello mom."

Mom. Not mommy. For a moment Leia wondered, where her little girl had been, but than remembered, that Jaina was already twelve years old. No little child anymore, but soon a growing teenager and than a maturing and, hopefully, fine young woman. If she had done her job as a mother correct.

"Hello Jaina." she greeted back with a smile. "What gives me the honour?"

Jaina didn´t answered, until she had taken place. Not in one of the chairs for visitors, but on the plate of Leias desk. This way she was closer to her mother and even able to look down on her.

For a moment Leia wondered, if Jaina had chosen her position on purpose, or if she was just sloppy. Realizing that she was face-to-face with her daughter this way, she decided for the first option. It only saddened her, that Jaina thought it necessary to search for physical support if she wanted to talk to her mother seriously.

"Is it true?" Jaina asked.

"Is what true?" asked Leia back, causing a frown to cross Jainas face.

"About the war of course." Jaina didn´t say "don´t think me stupid", but Leia didn´t needed the force to hear it.

"I´m sorry, Jaina. I just hoped, you would ask about something else." Leia answered with a sad smile.

"So it is true." stated Jaina.

"Unfortunately yes."

Leia watched the serious expression of her daughter. The small, beautiful face, framed by long, brown hair, the still big, childlike eyes and the small rosebud of a mouth. She needed all her strenght to not take her daughter into her arms, to hold her tight and to never let go. It would be a useless gesture, born out of a concerned mothers wish to protect her child, but she knew, Jaina wouldn´t appreciate it. Not this way.

"Will we win?"

Leia had been that lost in her thoughts, that she hadn´t understood her daughters question. "Excuse me." she said. "I was elsewhere with my thoughts. What have you said?"

"I asked, if we will win." repeated Jaina with a stern expression.

"Probable." Leia had wanted to say "of course", but then remembered were she was and that a quatercentury prior an advisor might have said the same to the now dead emperor Palpatine. "If we could say who would win a war at the beginning, there would be no need or reason to fight them."

"Soun

8. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Wow... Great, more!

9. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Upped "The Colliding of Empires".

Enjoy.

10. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "The Colliding of Empires" and "The tale of Darth Vaders Son". Next update on this soon.

11. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000

Well, lets see what the bad guys are up to.

It was late in the night on Brussia, the capitol planet of the Therilias-Autarcy. But Teosh Finn was still awake inside his quaters of the palace of the Lordaq-family. He and his uncle had returned to Brussia to await the response of the New Republik, accompanied by Two, while Mitthraw had stayed aboard the "Warmaster" and the Autarcies three taskforces in the system of Attil.

The young man had turned his desk into a worktable and studied concentrated the pieces of a lightsaber in front of him. He had taken the industriell manufactured weapon and broken it down into its pieces to calibrate it for some ideas he had and to adjust it to his personal needs.

Lightsabers were still widespread in the Therilias-Autarcy, as once in the old republic, and the ability to wield a lightsaber had still a kind of noble touch, but more in the terms of a sportsweapon, while its military use was close to nonexistent, although there was a number of officers and even ordinary soldiers, who carried those elegant weapons. Fencing, especially fencing with a lightsaber, requested a great deal of skill after all and blasters and vibroblades were often better suited for the task. Besides that, lightsabers were no weapons of stealth, the glow and the hum of their blades gave them and their wielders away. Teosh Finn intended to change that.

Modificating the crystals that controlled the harmony of the beams frequency, Teosh Finn finished his calibrations of the parts and putted the lightsaber back together. Taking his workglasses off the young man the young man hold the device on armslenght away from his body. Activating the lightsaber a darkblue blade became visible and a low hum audible.

A grim smile appeared on Finns face. Unlike ordinary lightsabers there were three buttons on this one. The first one, which was pressed with the thumb activated the blade. The second button was to be pressed by the second finger. Finn used it and suddenly the blade became thinner and longer by a factor of three. Satisfied Finn turned it back in the one-meter-mode and hesitated for a moment. Now came the test of the part, that had been really tricky. The third button of his lightsaber was actually a ring around the middle of the hilt. It was supposed to be turned by the hand that was holding the aft end of the saber. Slowly Raal Lordaaqa nephew rotated the switch and watched in awe how the light of the blade started to dimm the the hum vanished. Finally only a small flicker of motion, like heated air, was visible, caused by the interference of the air with the forcefield that formed the real blade of a lightsaber.

Teosh Finn had done it. He was now the proud owner of a lightsaber, that wasn´t visible and impossible to hear, if he desired so. He was also well aware of the dangers the weapon provided this way.

"Excellent work, if i may say so." said suddenly somebody behind Teosh Finn.

The younger man nearly let the weapon drop to the floor when he turned around to face the unexpected visitor.

"Lord Lordaq?" he asked, surprise clearly audible in his voice.

"Whom did you expect?" asked the old ruler. "The wraith of emperor Palpatine?"

"Uhm, no, i mean, ... after all its late at night." stuttered Teosh Finn.

"With my age you don´t need much sleep anymore." Raal Lordaq pointed at the now deactivated lightsaber. "I wonder what the Jedi of old would have said, if they had known, that you have turned their favourite weapon into an assassination-device."

"I would prefer the term "usable for stealth-and covermissions"." tried Finn to defend himself. When he saw that the look on Lordaqs face didn´t changed he added with a sigh. "You don´t approve it. You think it to be unhonourable." Somehow he felt disappointed.

But after a few moments of silence his uncle started to speak. "When i was a young and mere soldier, blast, thats now already eighty years ago, for an officer of our forces honour was described with one sentence: "Goal of the missi

12. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Damn. They're the bad guys. That means they will lose... :( . Great chapter though

13. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Why are you so sure, that they will lose?

After all, i´m not an Bantham or Del´Rey Author, who gets paid for letting the good guyes win.

14. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    As I tried to indicate in my post in The tale of Darth Vaders son I'm not sure but most times the bad guys won't win cause of the fact that if they win the so called good guys all die... and most people don't want that.

But this post of your definatly raises my hope that for once the so called bad guys win (and that Lucan won't kill her)

15. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000

The old ruler of the Autarcie and his young nephew walked through the gardens of the palace.

It was quite, since it was already late in the night and the only lights came from a few windows of the palace, a few lampglobes, placed inside the flowerbeds and radiating a dim light and the stars above.

"Wonderful, isn´t it?" asked Raal Lordaq after awhile.

"What?" asked Teosh Finn back.

"The stars. Without the artificial lights of cities, that cover entire worlds you can see so many of them. They shine brighter and you can even see those, that are much further away."

"Yes." confirmed Teosh Finn, not knowing what to say else. "Why is this important?"

Lordaq shook his head. "Think about it. They were shining when our ancestors still lived in caves and they will still shine when we are long dead and forgotten. What matter our pathetic struggles, our insignificant fights inside a universe to big to ever understand, to uncaring for us to have an impact? A universe where we are nothing but ants. Take a good look and don´t dare to tell me, you don´t feel humility."

"Says the ruler of one of the most powerful nations of this galaxy." mocked Teosh Finn. "I don´t think this way and why should i, since nothing i could do would change anything on the scale you are talking about."

"Blast Finn, even a toiletbowl is more romantic than you. Who tought you to be so pragmatic?" shouted Lordaq.

"You." answered the younger man dry.

"You are right, of course, but sometimes i think i overdid it." admitted Lordaq. "Being practical and having an analytical mindset has its advantages, but it isn´t everything. Look at the stars. For some people they were the faces of their gods, they were motivations and stimulus for those who wanted to overcome their limitations. The symbol for the awesome, the wonderful, the miracle. You can feel it, if you only look, you don´t even need the force." In the voice of the old man contempt and disguest became audible. "But for the majority of beings in our time they are nothing more but fusionreactors, that burn hydrogen. Especially bereucrats and politicians. Its a pity that it seems that the universe is wasted to them."

"But what does this have to do with me?" asked Teosh Finn, unused to such outbursts of his mentor.

"What i want to point out is, that how much you might try to cataloge the world, to define it by formulas and numbers, to find a category for everybody and everything, there is more to it. A man has something to believe in, to fight for. What is it, you believe in?"

"I´m not sure." admitted Finn. "Until now i never really thought about it. You, i think."

Raal Lordaq had to smile. "Thank you. But i´m just an old man with his good and his bad sides, who will die sooner or later. Isn´t there something else?"

Now it was Finns turn to nodd with his shoulders. "The force."

Raal Lordaq sighed. "Doesn´t count." he muttered.

"Doesn´t count? Why?" asked Finn.

"Because the force is a phenomenam of the material world. It has impacts on the realm of the observable, the touchable. No. I´m speaking of something you can really only believe in. Nothing you can observe, nothing you can touch. Something you can only believe in. What do you believe, Finn?"

"In that case i think its power and the goals i want to achive with it."

"Power. Interesting that you mention power. But in the meaning of the Jedi or the meaning of the Sith?"

"Why are you asking that? Is it because i´m trained by Two?"

"Partly. Although i wouldn´t call Two a Sith. As well as the others."

"If Two isn´t a Sith, what is he else?"

"An asset, a valuable pawn in a game with unkown outcome. But not only a pawn, but also a player, since he is a sentient being. But the question is less if Two is a Sith or not, but how he thinks he has to use his powers. The way of the Jedi or the way of the Sith?"

"I don´t think there is really a difference."

"Perhaps not about the use of the force. But in their mindset Jedi and Sith are like opposite sides

16. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    i smell genocide... Nice update m8

17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Great story! Im bursting with anticipation for the next update.

18. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    I want more! (What can i say.. it's your own fault you write such excellent stories so don't complain to me when got no ideas anymore ;) )

19. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Welcome aboard Spike. Also thank you for your nice comment for "The Colliding of Empires".

Grim, i only updated "The Son of Darth Vader" five minutes ago, so i hope, this helps waiting. Before the next update of "Union..." i will update "Colliding".

If we are lucky, it won´t take to long.

20. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Though I love all your stories, I like this one better than Colliding. I absolutly love the Tale so i really have no reason to complain cause you updated them in that order.

Only reason i would complain if you start getting a writersblock or actually get a real life... cause in the case of getting a r/l i actually would be forced to get one 2 ;)

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Your welcome Fteik!! I think this is a work of genius mind! I never have the time for long detailed fanfics. Mine average about 2 pages.

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Oh, and whats happened to the Son of Darth Vader tale. I couldnt get on it via your link and I cant find it on the pages.

23. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Unfortunately there isn´t enough space in the signature. Besides, as soon as i start with a fourth and fifth story (already planned and in the making) there won´t be enough place, even if i cut the introduction short.

The link to "The tale of..." would be:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=3410105

Hope that helps.

24. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    As promised here is the next part.

I´m wondering if anybody will realize, what i did with that post. At least two things are hidden in it.

Raal Lordaq paused for a moment, before he started to talk again.

"Our history is millenias old, but as everywhere, not everything is quite clear or documentated. In some cases, it is even an advantage, if parts of history are falsificated."

"It belongs to the duty of the Inquisition to document our history." dared Teosh Finn to interrupt. "They are obligated to write everything down without changing it."

"Yes, but unlike historians the Inquisition write as observers. They don´t judge what they see and a lot of their files aren´t open to public inspectation. People who want to get insights into the files of the Inquisitation need a special permission from the "Chamber of Representants" and the "Highoffice of Inquisition". Actually there are two versions of our history: The official one and the correct one from the Inquisition. And while the first one is contained by censorship, different points of view through the glasses of timely distance and the more or less accurate guesses of historians, objectivity is an ideal in spiritual sciences, not a fact, the second one only states facts, which are not interpreted."

"Where is the problem, if they state facts?" asked Finn.

"Finn, just logical thinking should answer that question. Not even the Inquisitation of the Autarcie exists since the beginning of time and it certainly didn´t dropped from the skies, when our ancestors developed from animals into sentinent beings. And unfortunately important parts of our history took place, before there was the ability or the need for accurate documentation. For those times, we have to rely on myths and legends."

The two men continued to walk through the gardens. Finally Raal Lordaq continued.

"Our history starts to get interesting seventhousand years ago. Before that the world that is today known as Brussia, was divided into countless different nations, clans and tribes, which had developed to different levels of technology or civilisation. One of the strongest nations during that time was the nation of Bruss. Do you know, what happened then?"

"Groon Lordaq appeared."

"You are very careful in discribing the turning point of our entire world." mocked Raal Lordaq.

"Do you really want me to repeat this nonsence about his appearence?" asked Teosh Finn. "That our ancestor Groon was a god, who left his domain in heaven and the company of the other gods to walk among the mortels?"

"Actually, according to the original version of that legend, Groon was banished, because he had initiated an uprising against the Supreme God and had been defeated. His forces had been crushed and he had to flee until his persecutors engaged him above our world and he was thrown at our ground with lightning and fire. Or to be more precise, into the oceans at the shores of Bruss."

"Where he was found by the beautiful Bruss-Princess, who took care of his injuries and felt in love with him." continued Teosh Finn with acid in his voice. "They married and lived happily together till they died. You have to forgive me, but that sounds like one of the fairy-tales of "EYNSID"."

"What do you have against "EYNSID"?" wondered Raal Lordaq. "Its a very successful company in the entertainment-industry."

"Thats not the point. The entire story just sounds cheesy."

"Not if you know, what happened after their marriage."

25. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Enter a romance between a Jedi and a Prinsess... A hurt Jedi... After a fight with another Jedi...

I c 4 canon ppl in it: Vader/Anakin Obi Padme and the Emporer

and 2 fights (combined into 1) the Obi / Anakin fight (hurt) and the Vader / Emporer (force lighting)

How did i do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.