main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Union of the Empires greatest Warriors (Thrawn, Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Nov 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "The tale of Darth Vader´s Son".

See you.

2. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "The Colliding of Empires".

Next update will be here and on (guess when) sunday.

3. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, the holidays at eastern have their advantages, its saturday and i´m already finished with the next part of this story.

I hope you´ll enjoy it.

Back to the bad guys:

Union of the Empires greatest Warriors

The Commander of the TIE-Defenders finished his report.

From the shadows of Mitthraw´s chamber Qui Vader watched the reaction of his older ... brother? Father? Master? He pushed the question back into the dark corner of his mind, where it had emerged from. It was of no use to waste energy on the question what Qui was in relation to Mitthraw.

Mitthraw was the boss and Qui and the other clones had to do, what he told them. For now it was better, if they worked together. Before the prey was to be shared, it had to be killed. And the war was far from over.

In fact, it hadn´t even really begun. But from the report of the Defender-pilot it looked, as if they had already suffered their first loss.

?Thank you, Commander.? Mitthraw was speaking in a low voice, nevertheless the sound thundered like an earthquake or an avalanche through the dark chamber. ?You are dismissed.?

The pilot turned around and left the room. For a moment only silence filled the chamber and Qui could feel the ripples of dark energy emitting from the older clone. Mitthraw obviously tried to get his temper back under control and Qui didn´t dared to interrupt him. He knew about the few occasions, where their leader had given in to his wrath and it had never been pretty.

Number Six of the Darth Vader-clones felt those dark urges, too, sometimes he allowed himself to wonder, if their cause was some unknown kind of clone-madness, if it was because two souls inside him and his ?brothers? for control or if it was simply the dark side of the force demanding its tribute.

Qui knew, that they were walking on the sharpest edge of all, ascent on that road would lead to absolute power, to fall meant death and madness and chaos in the after-life on the dark Side of the Force.

Seeing Mitthraw´s muscles relax Qui dared to breath again, rotating in his seat the red eyes of the seven foot tall albino tore into the blue ones of the other one.

?You´ve heard the report yourself. Your conclusions??

After a moment of collecting his thoughts Qui answered Mitthraw´s question.

?We sent two squadrons of TIE-Defenders to cause trouble and to increase the difficulties for a peaceful solution. Which wouldn´t have been necessary on our part as the recent events have shown. There are skirmishes all over the border-regions. Our small group of fighters lays out interdictor-mines in a barren system that is tangented by one of the navigational space-lanes and waits. They trap not only a squadron of X-Wings which happen to be the New Republics famous Rogue-Squadron or a frigate of the Belarus-class, but also a corellian YT-1300-freigher, which happens to be the ?MilleniumFalcon?." Qui stopped to let the last part sink in.

"Continue." ordered Mitthraw.

"After the successfull destruction of the fighter-squadron and the frigate our brother Paar decides to persecute the ?Falcon? in an attempt to kill Han Solo or to capture him. He follows him into the asteroid-belt of the system and nobody has seen him or his wing-men since then. It is obvious, that his self-set mission wasn´t a success, otherwise he would already be back. We know Han Solo has remarkable skills and can be very creative.

In combination with this incredible luck of his,? Qui made a sour face when he said this, luck was a concept he wasn´t used to, ?he has survived situations or engagements with enemies that would have killed anybody else. I´m afraid Paar became a victim to Solo´s stubborn persistance to stay alive.

In that case we are faced with three possibilities. The first is, that our brother was killed. A severe loss on first sight, but there are still elven others of us.?

Qui and Mitthraw exchanged a humourless grin with each other.

?The goal of the mission was achived, although the achivement of set goal didn´t requested extra efforts from our

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Think I'll have to re-read the story before I can answer. Been so long my memories going.

5. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    By now it should be clear, that Mitthraw and Lordaq have different ideas of the coming war, but what are they? What has Mitthraw planned? And why did he voice the suspicion, Paar could have become a defector? To find out you have to wait for the rest of the story.

Mitthraw wants power, Lordaq wants the best for the ppl.

Mitthraw intends to despose of Lordaq after the NR has been eliminated.

Cause Vader deflected too and they are Vader clones?

6. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
  7. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Sorry for the long delay, but i´ve been busy with other things. Besides that, i couldn´t bring myself to write something for a few days.

?JACEN.?

Shouting his friends name Kilas Telm run through the corridors of the complex of the Jedi-Academy. Blast, where was he? Turning around a corner he nearly bumped into the younger boy.

?Uh, Jacen.? muttered Kilas Telm trying to catch his breath.

?Easy Kilas.? answered Jacen Solo, feeling the exhaustion of his friend. ?Now take a deep breath and then tell me, what is wrong.?

?Scanner, ... scanners have detected the ?MilleniumFalcon? approaching the planet.? stated the teenage Jedi-student, who was still panting heavily.

?I know.? answered Jacen. ?I had a brief contact with my brother. So i know he and my dad are back. I was just on my way to the landing field, when i run into you.? a grin of amusement appeared on the face of the twelve year old.

?Well, that is a relief, if you had contact with your brother. We weren´t able to establish a normal communication with your father.?

It took a few moments for Jacen to understand the implications of Kilas Telms explenation. With a suddenly pale face he reached out in the force, looking out for his brother and his dad. His friend watched him patientely, obvious to what was going on. When he saw Jacens body relax, the older boy asked.

?And? Are they alright??

?They are alive and well, at least thats what i could feel. But they must have encountered some trouble on their way here.?

Jacen started to run through the corridor.

?What are you waiting for, Kilas? We better hurry to reach the landing field.?

Kilas Telm shook his head. When the sensors of the Jedi-Academy had discovered the ?Falcon? the ship had been more than an half hour away from the third moon of the gasgiant. Until Han Solo was going to make a micro-jump inside the system, the old freighter would still need another twenty minutes to set down on the landing-field.

But it would be pointless to tell that to Jacen. So he took a deep breath and started to follow his friend.

?Sithspit.? he muttered. ?One shouldn´t run that much that early in the morning.?

---

Han Solo watched the green orb of Yavin IV increase slowly. Under normal circumstance it wouldn´t have been a problem to drop out of hyperspace just a planetary diameter away, but the circumstances were far from normal. They wouldn´t reach the surface in a few minutes, but in nearly half an hour.

A resigned sigh escaped the mouth of the former smuggler. ?Better late than never.? he muttered.

?What was that, Dad?? inquired Anakin.

?Nothing. I just thought we should be satisfied, that we made it in one piece, even if we dropped out of hyperspace at the edge of the system. If the old girl would be in better shape, we would have made it till one planetary diameter away from the surface.? Han hesitated for a moment. ?On the other side this could be a good thing. We´re still far away and we can only use the repulsors as soon as the distance is down to six planetary diameters. Enough distance and time to react, if something goes wrong.?

?I don´t think we have to worry about the repulsors, dad.? stated Anakin. The boy smiled at his father. ?I can feel it.?

Han smiled back. ?You and your feelings.? The former smuggler chuckled. ?By now i should be used to them.? He turned back to the cockpit-window, where Yavin IV increased in size. ?Pity our com-gear is damaged. Otherwise we could ask for some guards and medical help for our ?friend? back in out med-bay.?

?I could try to tell them with the force.? suggested Anakin.

Surprised Han looked at his ten year old son. ?You can do that??

?I can try.? stated Anakin after a moments hesitation. ?I should at least be able to communicate with Jacen.?

?Well, what are you waiting for? Try it.?

In front of them the fourth moon of the gasgiant Yavin became bigger and bigger, while the ?Falcon? descended into the atmosphere.

---

Slightly out of breath Jacen Solo had re

8. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Ooh prisoner!! Will we get to see a jedi interrogation?

9. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    A prisoner, who is as talkative as cabbage.

You have to be german to understand the doubel-joke.

10. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Well i live close to the border(8km) and i'm bout a quarter of German origine but apparently that's not enough cause i don't get it. I'll have to ask my grannie. She's from Hamburg originally.

11. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000

See you.

12. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Being English I have no idea what the doubel thing is about. :)

13. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, the german word for cabbage is Kohl.

So first somebody reduces to a piece of vegetable, lets say a cabbage or Kohl (like our prisoner) won´t tell anything.

As a second, when Helmut Kohl stopped being Chancellor of Germany, there was some kind of scandal, because Kohl refused to tell the names of people, who had made anonymous donations for his political party.

So he didn´t say anything, too.

14. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Since i´ve updated "The tale of Darth Vader´s son" today, this story will be next.

15. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
  16. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Six weeks since the last real update of this story.

If things continue to proceed that slow, i´m old, grey and in need of a cane, when this story is finished. I hope this gets better, when the cold seasons return. I get nothing done in summer.

See you.

Luke Skywalker put the hydrospanner down. Closing the protective shell of the mechanical guts of the hyperdrive-motivator he pressed the main button and with a satisfying hum the heart of the ?Jade´s Sword? came back to live. Satisfied the Jedi-Master returned to the cockpit, where his wife was already transfering the calculations of the nav-computer into the helm-control. With that done all she would have to do was to activate the hyperdrive and the ?Jade´s Sword? would be on its way to Yavin IV.

?We can leave this hospitable place whenever you want.? Luke said to Mara with a smile.

?The sooner the better.? stated Mara, returning the smile of her husband. ?Would you please bent your head down??

Doing as his wife had asked Luke bent his head down towards Mara, who gripped his head with both her hands. The next moment her lips were pressed against his in a passionate kiss.

The kiss seemed to last forever and Luke Skywalker was caught in the moment that much, that he wasn´t able to remember a better time in his life. So it was with some regrets, that he broke the lip-look with his wife, but, by the black bones of the emperor, he needed air.

?Perhaps we should stay a little bit longer.? he suggested with a grin on his face. ?After all we are already late, so one hour more wouldn´t make a difference.?

?Just that this one hour would turn into two, maybe even three hours.? stated the beautiful redhead. ?Besides, i would prefer our quaters on Yavin IV over the tiny bunk of the ?Jades´s Sword? for the things i want to do with you. I´m afraid you´ll have to wait a little bit longer.? she purred.

With a grumble that was half disappointment and half amusement the Jedi-Master took place in his seat, already planning his revange and what he would do with his wife, when they were finally back on Yavin IV and inside their quaters. He and Mara enjoyed a good marriage, but sooner or later they would have to decide, who was wearing the pants in their relationship once and for all.

?Ready.? interrupted the voice of his wife his musings.

?Ready, if you are.?

Activating the hyperdrive-motivator Mara caused the ?Jade´s Saber? to make the jump to lightspeed.

And while he looked into the blue-grey tunnel of from their speed elongated stars Luke Skywalkers good mood suddenly turned into a feeling of urgency.

---

Since the moment the ?MilleniumFalcon? had entered the atmosphere Han Solo had been sitting on needles. If the systems of the badly beaten ship failed now, nothing would prevent them from dropping to the ground like a dead stone. Repulsorlifts belonged to the most reliable systems in the galaxy, but even they had their limits and without them the ?MilleniumFalcon? was as helpless as a child inside a rancor-pit. From an engineering point of view the old YT-1300-freighter was as aerodynamic as a brick, so the thrusters would be of little use, too.

Han let out a sigh of relief, when the tip of the huge pyramid, that housed the Jedi-Academy, came into view. Now if only the ship would hold out a little longer.

A small hand was put on his arm in a calming gesture. Turning his head in surprise Han looked into the eyes of his son Anakin.

?Don´t worry, dad. We´ll make it.?

The faith expressed in the voice of the boy filled Han with envy. Envy, because his son could rely on a source of strenght Han had no access to. And regret, because there was something in the life of his son, in the life of all his children, he could never be a part of. He had known this from the beginning, but the more his kids were growing into this strange new world, the more the distance between them and their father would grow and the knowledge of what was still to come caused Hans heart pain.

Concentrating on the

17. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    If things continue to proceed that slow, i´m old, grey and in need of a cane, when this story is finished. I hope this gets better, when the cold seasons return. I get nothing done in summer.

^I know the feeling.

As for the tale.. There is something significant i think in the secondary plot in this one. Did they find some of Thrawn's Y... thingies? But aren't those supposed to be bulky? Please, do tell me :D

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    ?Look.? he said. ?Kam Solusar and your brother are waiting for us.?

?And there is Chilgal.? added Anakin, who had spotted the female Mon Calamari

Sounds like a mini-homage to The Phantom Menace.

19. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    There are/will be enough hommages to the movies in this story as well as my other two´s, but this one wasn´t intended.

20. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "The tale of Darth Vader´s son".

See you at the next update of this story.

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    UPpercut!

22. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Thanks for the up, Spike. I really appreciate this, since the last update was so long ago.

Grim, no Kyp and his friend have nothing to do with Ysalamiri. But we will see the little lizards soon enough.

Until then, here is the next part.

Kam Solusar allowed Jacen and his father and brother a few moments for a family-reunion, would have even prefered it to grant them as much time as they wanted, but the unofficial caretaker of the Jedi-Academy knew, that there were matters of urgency to deal with.

?Welcome to Yavin IV, Han.? he greeted the former smuggler. Turning his eyes to the beaten hull of the ?MilleniumFalcon? he asked. ?What happened to your ship??

?Straight to the point, what Kam?? asked Han Solo back. He sighed. ?We run into an ambush. Well, actually it was Rogue-Squadron that run into an ambush and we happened to drop into the mess later.?

?Rogue-Squadron? You´ve been with Rogue-Squadron?? asked Jacen. If Rogue-Squadron had been involved things couldn´t be that bad. The members of Rogue-Squadron were the best fighter-pilots. They had destroyed the two DeathStars and played a significant role in the defeat of the empire. Jacen would have liked to see one or all of the legendary pilots, so he simply asked. ?Where are they??

Immediately his father´s face turned grim. ?Dead, Jacen. They were killed. They and the crew of a frigate. Nearly twothousand men. Slaughtered like womp-rats.?

?What?? this was Kyp Durron. Kam, Chilgal and Teero were still trying to understand the implications of the news Han told them. ?I mean, how? Who could do something like this??

?Don´t know. But they were using TIE-Defenders. And their leader was a dark Jedi.?

?TIE-Defenders?? wondered Teero. Given the rarity of the TIE-Defender, this didn´t come as a surprise

?Some kind of superfighter built by SienarFleetSystems.? explained Kam Solusar, who knew about those things from his days as one of Palpatine´s darksiders. ?Only a few squadrons were put into service before the empire broke apart after Endor. Who knows how the war would have gone, if the empire would have managed to built more of them.?

?But they didn´t.? stated Han. ?Those fighters are expansive like hell. Nobody uses them today. The New Republic has its own contractors and the Imperial Remnant and all the other independent worlds and governments and political unions can´t afford them.?

?Well, some could, if they wanted.? corrected Chilgal.

?And one obviously has.? brought Kyp Durron the discussion to the point. ?But if i understood you right, this type of fighter is twenty years old. I´m sure our modern fighters will be an even match for it.?

?Doubtful.? muttered Han, who had seen them in action.

?What i think to be more concerning is, what you said about their leader.? stated Chilgal. ?You said it was a dark Jedi??

?Yes, that´s what i said.? answered Han.

?And how do you know that?? wanted Kyp to know. ?Did he hail you on your com-system and said who he was??

?No, he followed us into an asteroid-belt and tried to kill us.? shouted Anakin Solo, who had grown tired of being left out of the discussion. Why was it, that the adults always had to pretend, that he or other children simply weren´t there, when they were discussing serious things?

Kyp smiled at him. ?A lot of people have tried to kill your father. Were they all dark Jedi?? he asked, trying to mock Anakin in a friendly way.

?Well, what would you call a guy with a lightsaber, wearing black and with a bad attitude?? supported Han his youngest son.

?Don´t know? Master Skywalker?? jocked Kyp. ?With exception of the bad attitude of course.? he hurried to add, when the others glared at him.

?Who do you think we have as prisoner?? asked Han. ?If it was an ordinary pilot, we wouldn´t need you.?

?My apologies, Han, but its hard to believe, that you were able to catch a dark Jedi.? explained Kyp. ?With all due respect to your and Chewbacca´s abilities, that is a little more than unlikely.?

?You are right, Kyp. But f

23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Little did he or Chilgal know, that the Jedi-healer would get no opportunity to take a closer look at their prisoner

Sounds ominous.

24. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    That Spike sounds like the hard cold and extremely fitting truth

25. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Oh, yes, the truth is always hard and cold.

Why do you think so many people intend to get lied to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.