main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Union of the Empires greatest Warriors (Thrawn, Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Nov 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Update at the weekend !!!

2. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Union of the Empires greatest Warriors

To Jacens great surprise his search for Kilas Telm ended on one of the underground-levels of the great temple.

Following the path explained to him by one of the students he had asked for the other boys location had lead him there. Now he was walking through a dimly lit corridor.

"Kilas", he shouted. "Are you there ?"

"I´m here Jacen", answered the other boy.

Jacen followed the voice and finally entered a bright-lightened room that looked like a mixture of hospital and zoo.

Cages, terrariums and stasis-chambers covered two of the rooms walls, while the other two walls were hid behind screens and displays of varios animals and their anatomy.

Kilas Telm stood in the centre of the room behind a tall table on what a small, furcovered creature was lying.

"Uhm, hello Kilas", greeted Jacen, not sure what to say.

"Hello Jacen", greeted Kilas back. "Since you are already here, you can help me with this. But put some gloves on."

Jacen obied and walked back to the surgery-table. "Uhm, don´t i have to, you know disinfect them or something like that ?"

"No, the outer surface is specially prepared. The gloves are doing that on their own. Just hold these pieces of fur away so i get access to the wound."

Following the older boys order Jacen carefully took hold of the animals fur.

He watched in awe as Kilas used one of his instruments to pull some kind of green fungus out of the creatures wound. As soon as the area was cleaned Kilas put some kind of thickliquid fluid on the injury and finally put a bandage around it.

During the entire time the animal lay there quite without moving, although Jacen sensed that it was conscious.

"Well, that was it. Operation succeded, patient still alive." Kilas took the creature in his arms and carried it towards one of the empty cages. "Now rest, little one. Sleep well and you will be healed in no time."

"What is this ?" asked Jacen pointing at the walls of the room and at the cages there. "Some kind of animal hospital ?"

"Yes", answered Kilas. "Its a hobby of mine. If you want i can show you around."

Jacen nodded in agreement and followed Kilas, who lead him from cage to cage, from animal to animal, explaining names, conditions of lifes, biorhytems, procreating and so on.

"Do you only have animals from Yavin", asked the younger boy after a while.

"Yes. This way, if one of them escapes they will find themself in an enviroment that is natural for them and they will be no danger to the ecosystem."

"Do you keep them for all the time ?"

"Some of them. Most of them i find during my walks through the jungle. Some of them are injured, others not. I take them with me, treat their wounds and observe their behaivior. After some time i let them free again."

He put his hand in one of the terrariums and took out a small animal. "Here, this ones time has come. Do you want to hold it ?"

"Um, yes", answered Jacen. The animal he took hold of was as long as his hand, with small stubby limbs, a rounded snout and a short fur of darkbrown colour. Compared to the rest ot its body its eyes were huge and had a gentle, childlike look.

Careful Jacen stroke through the fragile looking creatures fur. The small being answered with a satisfied purr.

"We have to walk to the lake", explained Kilas. "This species spents most of its time in the water."

"Fine, than lets go", stated Jacen, still holding the small animal.

3. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Sorry, no update.

4. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    You write the characters so very well! :)

5. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Thanks to some responisibilites in real live the next update has to wait some time.

I hope not to long.

6. jedi_master_yoda7

jedi_master_yoda7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
    Good story. I think you should bring Lumiya (the last of the Sith- and the one who indirectly caused the Emperor's final death by ordering her apprentice to alter Palpatine's clones) into it, she would probably try to lure her former's master's clones to her side.

7. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Thank you all out there.

The introduction of Lumiya is an interesting idea, but unfortunately i have read or seen nothing of her from a prime source (like novels or comics), so i have no idea how to write her. My only knowledge about her is from secondary sources and what others tell about her.

Because of that i don´t think her to be a very interesting or even inspiring charakter and besides that, this story will be complicated enough.

When i know more about her, this might change, but not now.

Good news. I managed to write another part.

After a half our of walking through the jungle Jacen and Kilas reached the shore of the lake. For a few minutes they were searching for an optimal spot to free the small creature.

"Here, that would be a good place." shouted Jacen, pointing at the point where the arm of a small river met with the lake.

"You are right." stated Kilas. "The water is not to deep there and there are enough plants for hiding and food."

Kilas held the box open, while Jacen took the small animal out of it, and put it careful on the ground. For a last time he stroke gentle through its soft fur and then gave the creature a small push on the back. "Go back to freedom, little one. And good luck."

The two boys watched the small animal moving towards the water, first slowly, then obviously exited with its newfound freedom, its speed increased, the short legs only visible as a blurr. Then it was gone.

"There it goes." stated Jacen.

"This part is always the most enjoyable one." explained Kilas. "And the saddest, too."

"I think, i understand." whispered Jacen. "It has to be hard to let them go."

"Yes. But to hold them back would be a crime." For a short moment Kilas stayed silent. "Anyway, what do you wanted to talk about, when you entered my small hobbyroom?"

"Well, we already talked about if becoming a Jedi is the right thing for me and so. I had already made up my mind or so i thought, but then Kam showed me some other aspects on the whole matter. I mean, how do you know if you are the right person to become a Jediknight? What if i start training for the right reasons, but don´t be the right man for it?"

Kilas thougth about that for a few moments.

"I can´t give you an answer to that question." he finally said. "If we would be able to see, who is the right person and who not from the beginning, there would be less danger for some of us failing or even falling to the dark side, but we don´t."

"I understand, but, ... well, how about you? What caused you to become a Jediknight? How did you come here?"

Kilas didn´t answer, but seeing the other boys paled face and the thin line his mouth had become, Jacen realised he had touched a sensitive area.

"If you don´t want to talk about , i mean, ..., uh, if it is something personal, ... ." he stuttered, trying to apologize.

"No, its not."Kilas finally answered. "But its different to tell. Come."

The two boys walked until they reached a small hill at the shore of the lake. Its top was covered with stones, so they formed a dry and hard ground to sit on. Kilas Telm sat down and urged Jacen to sit beside him. The younger boy obied and took place beside his friend. From their position they had a great view over the lake. Over the lake and over the island in its centre. Ruins of a small temple and a statue were visible even from their position. Suddenly Jacen realised where they were.

"Kilas." he said. "This is the island with the temple that once housed Exar Kuns spirit."

"Yes, it is. But you don´t have to worry. He is long gone." tried Kilas to calm Jacen down.

"I know. I had some part in it."

"Oh, i forgot." stated Kilas, again silent.

"Why are we here?" asked Jacen.

"This is my favourite place outside the temple. I love the peace, the calm of it. And the view."

Jacen viewed his friend careful. What if Kilas felt attracted by the island and its dark past? But the other boy already continued his speech.

"I often come here to meditate. Especially when

8. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Kind of frustrating if you are the only one, who "ups" your stories.

9. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Managed an update sooner than expected, together with my other story "The tale of Darth Vaders Son". Yeaaaahhhh. Unfortunately no update for "The Colliding of Empires". I hope next week.

Enjoy.

"My family lived on Cetlis 4. The planet was a colony founded during the clone wars from fugatives, who had lost their homes. When i was born there lived around a half billion people. There were no major industries, the entire economy was based on agriculture. Because of that the entire population was spread on the planet, only small villages and towns. Me and my family lived in one of those towns, my father was the veterinarian of the area. Besides his profession he explored the animal kingdom of Cetlis 4. He was working on a documentation of the various species and the conditions of their lives. He didn´t earn much, but it was enough for our parents and their six children. I was the oldest, then the twins Ianok and Ianik, who were eight, the girls Mira and Thisbe at age seven and five and finally two year old Agat. Since i was the oldest and our mother was helping our father most of the time, i was responsible for them, especially Agat. Force help me, but i was his hero. He followed me everywhere on his short legs and if i managed to escape him to have some time for myself he was in a fool mood for the rest of the day."

Kilas Telm hesitated for a moment, but then continued.

"One day when i wanted to be alone i walked into the surrounding forests. As always my little brother tried to follow me, but of course i was faster. He started shouting after me, that i should slow down so he could catch up with me and where i was going and so on. I returned and told him that i wanted some time alone and that he should go home and leave me, but he didn´t listen. He insisted to accompany me. I finally became angry and shouted at him, that i´m tired of him following me everywhere, that i would go now on my own and that i wouldn´t care if he managed to follow me or not. I was that angry that i even shouted that i wouldn´t care if he would drop dead to the ground right now."

Jacen listened with disbelief to his friend. Of course he had sometimes trouble with his siblings, too, but to tell them he wished one of them to be dead? How could anybody so mean? Or did he simply not understand Kilas situation then, being responsible for five younger children at the age of nine or ten? How would he behave towards Jaina or Anakin without the moderating influence of their mother, their father, the help of Winter, Chewbacca or C3-PO?

Looking at Kilas he discovered that tears had to started to flow down the other boys checks.

"You didn´t ment it, Kilas." he tried to assure his friend.

"Of course i didn´t ment it. But thats what i said and thats what he heard. Can you imagine what such words can do to such a young mind? He looked at me as if i had turned into some kind of monster and then he started to run home crying. Only then i started to calm down and realised what i had done. I was that upset, i walked for hours through the forrests, thinking how to make it up to him, how to tell him that i hadn´t meant it that way, that i was still his brother and that i loved him. And then the attack came." whispered Kilas.

"The empire." suspected Jacen. After all the empire was responsible for a lot of pain.

"Worse. Not even at its height had the empire bothered with our insignificiant world. The attackers were pirates from the "Invidious". They attacked our world because they needed nutrients and other supplies and because Cetlis had no defences."

Jacen shuddered. The "Invidious" was an Imperator-Class-Stardestroyers commanded by Leona Tavira and her pirates. They had shown to be very brutal and totally ruthless. Only in very rare cases their attacks left survivors behind.

"I run back as fast as i could, but when i reached the village, it was all over. The storehouses were empty, the houses destroyed and their owners and their families killed. Our neighbours, our friends, boys i had pl

10. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Poor Kilas.

Well, somebody had to say it. I´m sure if i had caused one of the main heros (Luke, Leia or Vader) to suffer, by now there would be dozens of replies (grunts). Somebody will pay for it.

Well, here is the next part. The big family-reunion comes closer. Enjoy.

Jacen meditated for perhaps ten minutes, when he realised that something was different. He felt like being watched by someone. He wasn´t sure how or why, but somehow it felt familiar. As if he had felt it before ... .

"Your new friend has a point, hasn´t he?" somebody suddenly asked.

Surprised Jacen opened his eyes. In front of him was a boy. He seemed to be younger than Jacen, perhaps the same age as Anakin and like Jacens younger brother his eyes were of an incredible blue. But where Anakins hair was nearly black, this boy had sandblond hair, framing a round face. It was hard to tell how tall he was, because like Jacen he was sitting, but he seemed to be strong for his age. He smiled and Jacen smiled back.

"Hello, i´m Jacen." greeted Jacen.

"I know." answered the blond boy.

"And you are?"

"Difficult to explain. I had many names and everyone was perfect to discribe a part of me. Even after all those years i haven´t figured it out completly."

"What do you mean "even after all those years"? And what is this about the many names?" asked Jacen confused.

"To answer your first question, after all those years since i have died. To answer your second question, ... my mother and the girl i fall in love with called me Ani ... ." He was interupted by Jacen.

"Ani? Thats a girls name."

As if to punish Jacens inpolite outburst the boys shape changed into a black giant, with cloak, helmet and respiratormask, hissing intimidatingely at Jacen, who cried out in horror, since he knew this figure all to well from historyclasses.

"To the majority of the galaxy i was known as Darth Vader." rumbled the figure with a deep voice. The image of the Sithlord changed again, this time into a tall young man. "To Obi-Wan Kenobi i was Padawan, when he trained me." Again the strange being changed shape and now it showed an older man with more darkblonde hair and a kind expression on his face. "And for your uncle i was father. Your mother doesn´t want to talk to me."

Suddenly the small boy was back and Jacen needed some time to absorb all the information, but then realisation hit him. "You mean, you are my granddad, Anakin Skywalker?"

The blond boy smiled. "Yes."

"You scared me to death." Jacen shouted at his grandfather.

"Please accept my apologies, but i had my reasons to do it." explained Anakin Skywalker.

"Reasons? What reasons? And why do you appear as a boy like me?"

"Because i hoped you would feel more comfortable with somebody of your own age." started Jacens grandfather.

"Well, you nearly succedded until you turned into Darth Vader." answered Jacen. Blast, he was talking with the boy/man/ghost Darth Vader was or had been and he should feel comfortable? But he was also speaking to his grandfather, wasn´t he, a grandfather he had never known. But how could this boy in front of him, or the kind man he had seen be the same as Darth Vader? The very embodiment of evil, the enforcer of the empire? And, more important: What did his grandfather want from him?

"Everything at its time." answered Jacens grandfather the boys unspoken questions.

"So why are you here?" asked Jacen. "And why does your presence feel familiar. Its not only because we are related, isn´t it?"

"Your intuition is correct." answered Anakin Skywalker. "Fact is, i have always been there. Ever since i died."

Jacens eyes became wide. "You mean as a ghost? Why?"

Anakin showed a smile. "I´m not sure if ghost is the correct word to discribe it. Force- or live-essenz is perhaps better. When we die we become one with the force. And since the force is the everywhere ... ." he didn´t finish the sentence. "As to the why... . When i was a young men and in love with your grandmother i always wanted a family

11. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    up!!!

12. Riin

Riin Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2000
    Hi! I'm still reading - and enjoying - your story. My browser wouldn't let me login, so I've been unable to reply :(, but thats over. Keep the good work up!

13. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000

"Able to intervene?" wondered Jacen. "You have to forgive me, but there have been lots of occasions, where we needed some help." The young Solo remembered himself and his siblings kidnapped by the imperial Lord Hethrir, or imprisoned by their fathers evil cousin Thrakan Sal-Solo. Not to mention all the other kidnapping attempts that had fortunately failed. Or all the crisises the New Republic had to face over the last years.

The image of the other boy sighed. "I know. But you have to understand, that my possibilities are not unlimited and that it is very hard to decide when there is no other option than to intervene or not. It wouldn´t be very helpful in the long run, if you would be to dependent on outside help. And if a small hint with the force was enough to do the job ... ." Anakin Skywalker smiled.

"You mean, when it wasn´t necessary for you to become visible." tried Jacen to confirm.

"Yes. A small push here and there, rather than brute force. Much more subtle and elegant, wouldn´t you agree?"

Jacen watched his grandfather from head to toe. "Hard to believe that the former Darth Vader is saying that."

"Outch." Anakin Skywalker made a face. "Now you got me. But you got used to the idea really fast." He chuckled slightly. "Believe me or not, despite everything your New Republic history books claim, i didn´t only used brute force. Inside a snakepit like the imperial court i would have been lost otherwise." Again his face turned serious. "Jacen, what i´m now going to tell you is a very serious matter. Don´t underestimate its importance."

Felling uncomfortable at the serious voice of his grandfather, although he still looked like a young boy, Jacen looked questioningely at Anakin. "What do you want to tell me?"

"You are going to make a decision. A decision with very serious consequences. Not only for you, but for the entire galaxy as a whole."

"Aren´t you a little bit exaggerating? Surely, i´m not that important."

"Unfortunately not. Although it seems impossible and against all logic, looking at the billion quintillions of beings in the galaxy, the actions of single men and women can have great influence on their fate. What do you know about the Sith?"

"Not much." admitted Jacen, surprised by the sudden change of topic. "Its said they were members of an old race of warriors, who were discovered by the first dark Jedi, who were outcasts of the Jediorder."

"The great Shisma." Anakin nodded in confirmation. "But i was talking about the Sithorder Palpatine and i as Darth Vader belonged to."

Jacen shook his shoulders. "Nothing."

The ghostlike image of Anakin Skywlker seemed to take a deep breath. "Alright, then let me tell you. More than two millenias ago a number of around fifty Jediknights allied themself with a Jedi, who had fallen to the darkside, becoming darksiders themself. In remembrence of the original Sith and the dark Lords of the Sith, they called themself Sith, too. Their founding philosophy, if you can call it that, was, that those who have the power have the right to rule over the galaxy. Of course, this made them the enemies of the Old Republic and its protectors, the Jediknights. Although they were only fifty, they nearly succeded. But when it looked as if they had won, they turned against each other. The Jediknights of that time were able to exploit this infighting and whipped them out."

"But not all of them." suspected Jacen.

"Yes." confirmed his grandfather. "One of them survived. His name was Darth Bane. He escaped the Jedi and went into hiding. There he reformed the Sithorder. From that point of time on, the only purpose of the Sith was the destruction of the Jediorder and the take over of the galaxy. Darth Bane also established the rule of two."

"Rule of two?" asked Jacen.

14. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Although it isn't 100% the reason (but 90%)i registed cause i found that this great story didn't get the credit it deserved. It rules and when it's finised i want it in an doc/txt/rtf file....(please....)

15. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    How about an update?

16. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Update!!! Update!!!

"The rule of two." confirmed Anakin Skywalker. "One Master and one apprentice. No more, no less. As soon as the apprentice was strong enough to overthrow the Master, he challenged and killed his Master, becoming the new Master."

"Or was killed himself." added Jacen.

"Yes. In that case the Master had to search for a new apprentice."

Jacen thought about that. "Sounds like a bad system. What if they killed each other? Or the master was to old to train a new apprentice? Or ... ."

Anakin smiled. It was a sad smile. "Your doubts are justified of course. But unfortunately it worked. And that should tell you something about the individuals who have been Sith for the last two millenia."

The young boy thought about the words of his grandfather. "The Masters always found aprentices, who were able to replace them, when the time had come. Or they were able to select those apprentices out, who wern´t fit to become masters, and to train new ones."

Anakin nodded his head. "Exactly. And while doing that, they still were occupied with the preperations for their glorious return to power and their revenge against the Jedi. For over twothousand years."

Jacen shuddered.

What determination, if not obsession was necessary for a being to work its entire life for a goal, it knew only its followers would perhaps achive one day.
    What willpower and patience such a being needed to hide and wait and plot for the right moment. And doing that with the knowledge, that the entire galaxy was ones enemy, that thousands of Jediknights would fight the single being, if they discovered its existence and that the only ally was an apprentice, who would one day try to kill and replace him or a master he had to challenge one day and risk his own life in that fight.

It was a scary thought.

Especially since it had worked with success, when Palpatine had taken over and the galaxy had been thrown into darkness for nearly thirty years. And considering the role his grandfather had played in those events ... ."

His grandfather seemed to have read his thoughts. "Now you understand. The importance, the impact a single person can have willingly on fate itself, if it is only determinated and clever enough."

"But how do you defeat such a being?" Jacen nearly shouted. Of course he had heard the stories, how Exar Kun had been defeated, or how Emperor Palpatine had found his deserved fate. But now, with the new insights he had gotten through talking to his grandfather it seemed to be impossible.

"If you look at the history, it should be obvious." explained Anakin Skywalker. "The fact, that those beings were very determinated and clever doesn´t mean, that they are invincable. Like everybody else they have their blind spots and weaknesses. And you mustn´t forget that those, who defeated them, were equally determinated.

Just think about emperor Palpatine. After bringing down an entire galaxy to its knees in front of him, after whipping out an entire order of Jediknights, after ruling nearly unopposed for more than twenty years, do you really think he would have been scared by a single halftrained Jedi or this pathetic rebellion, that later formed the New Republic???"

"But the rebellion won at the battle of Endor." protested Jacen.

"And we all know, how this battle would have ended, if not for the Ewoks and me turning back to the lightside. And despite those sacrifices Palpatines clones needed less than seven years to subdue the galaxy again." answered Anakin Skywalker.

That caused Jacen to be silent. Anakin Skywalker watched his grandson carefully. It wasn´t his intention to frighten or scare the boy, but he wanted this child to understand the workings of the darkside and to see the hard and uncomfortable truths behind the subjective point of view, if not illusions and propaganda, of the world he lived in.

"Why?" asked Jacen after a while. "Why are you telling me this? Why me? Why not Uncle Luke or Mom?"

Anakin sighed. "Because i want

17. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Just for those who wonder. Episode II and III will of course proof everybody otherwise, but since i don´t know them, i´ll tell my version for this story of Anakins turning. Hope you enjoy.

18. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
  19. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000

The spectre of Anakin Skywalker was silent for a long time. How should he explain to his grandson his slow, but unstoppable fall to the darkside? How explain the chain of events that turned a young, good man, a man supposed to be the hope for the Jediorder into Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith, the Sithlord who had succeded where countless enemies over the millenia had failed: The entire destruction of the old Jediorder? And how could he do himself justice after all he had done?

Jacen seemed to understand, what was going on in his grandfathers head, because he waited paitently for the other to begin. Finally the ghostlike image of the young boy took a deep breath and started to speak:

"I was eighteen, then. Nine years had passed since i had become a Padawan, thats a Jeditrainee, and i was on Coruscant ..."

-----------------

Anakin Skywalker walked through the corridors of one of the senatorial buildings of Coruscant.

Since every of the more than thousand sectors of the Republic, and even some of the most important keyworlds, was represented by a senator, it had been a logical step to provide the senators of those sectors and worlds with enough space for offices and embassies, where they could deal with the demands and needs of the worlds they represented and that couldn´t be dealt with by the local authorities.

The young Jedi had been ordered to deliver a message and in this special case he didn´t considered it as a waste of time. The reason for this was the little fact, that he was walking through the corridors of the senatorial building of the Nubian sector and that the represantant of this sector for the last years had been an old friend of Ankin Skywalker.

"Padme Amidala Naberrie." thought Anakin with a small smile on his lips. "I wonder, if she will recognise me. After all, we haven´t seen each other for three years."

Years he had spent with his Master Obi-Wan on missions, far away from the political centre of the republic. Anakin had no evidence, but he suspected that his Master and friend had made sure to keep his Padawan seperated from the capital world and especially a certain senator, who might distract the young Jedi from his much needed training. The very idea caused Anakin to chuckle:

How embarrasing it would be, if the Padawan of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the perfect Jedimaster and pride of the order, who was always in control and who lived strict to the Jedicode like nobody else Anakin knew, how embarrasing it would be, if his Padawan spent his little free time at the Nubian-ambassady like a lovesick puppy. Speaking with Obi-Wan hadn´t helped either. Somehow his Master lacked the understanding for those things of the heart, a trait he shared with most of the other Jedimasters. He had explained that there was no place for love or a family in the live of a Jedi and that Anakin should concentrate on his training.

For obvious reason this explenation had upset the younger man:

First of all, it sounded like an insult to the memory of his mother, who was still a slave on Tatooine, as if the Jediorder shouldn´t have been able to do something about it. Shmi Skywalker had taken care of him, when the Jedi didn´t even knew he existed. And she had made the greatest sacrifice of all, when she had allowed her son to go with the Jedi, hoping he would find a better live than her. So nobody should talk this way about love with him or that it was unimportant.

Secondly he was sure that his feelings for Padme were serious and that one day they would be married with each other and life a long and happy life together. Anakin had argued, that corellian Jedi married, but his Master had only answered, that corellian Jedi were a special case, a bad example (like most corellians) and that he should no longer think about them.

And as a third Anakin was sure, that he would already have completed his training, if Obi-Wan wouldn´t slow him down. Unfortunately in this regard the older man seemed to follow the book as close as possible, since this h

20. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
  21. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I want to thank everyone who has accompanied the development of this story so far, i hope you enjoyed reading it as much as i enjoyed writting it.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

And on with the story:

"Lets have a seat, my young friend." suggested Palpatine pointing at a small bank. Lowering himself on the stone he adressed his men. "Guards, leave us alone."

Anakin Skywalker took place on the opposite side where the chancellor of the Galactic Republic had taken place. Palpatine watched him for a few moments as if unsure how to begin, but then started to talk.

"Perhaps you remember my promise to restore the order and stability of the better days of the Republic. The restauration of justice and prosperity, together with the compassion for those less lucky then we on the core worlds. Enslaved humans like your mother, for example." By now Palpatine had Anakin Skywalkers full attention. Palpatine sighed. "But despite some successes and progresses i´ve made, things are only developing slow. To slow for those who need our help now, with this senate in its current conditon." The chancellor sighed again. "You have no idea how exhausting this task is."

Watching over the form of the elected ruler of the Republic Anakin had to agree. Palpatine looked indeed tired. During the last years he had aged considerably, almost as if something was burning him out from the inside. To the young and strong Jedi-Padawan he almost looked sick or decaying alive. "Is there no way to accelerate things?" he asked. "And what does it have to do with me?"

Palpatine showed him a small smile. "With the help of you and others there is perhaps something we can do. If you really are the Chosen One of the Jedi." He blinked at Anakin, making clear, that for now, he was simply pulling his leg. Despite that Anakin felt flattered. He wouldn´t be a Padawan forever after all and one day he perhaps would truly be able to make an impact.

But Palpatine already continued. "The time has to be right, of course. And why it concerns you... ." he stopped again. "Over the last years Senator Naberrie has brought it more than once to my attention, that nobody takes the laws against slavery seriously on the worlds of the outer rim and that your mother is still a slave."

"Thats true. And nobody has done anything about it." answered Anakin with bitterness.

"Don´t blame our former queen. Or your comrades among the Jedi. Amidala Naberries first duty was to her homeworld and by the laws of the Republic it is forbidden to buy slaves free, for fear of establishing and supporting an industry of kidnapping. The senator could do nothing without compromising her position."

/Yes, but the Jedi should have been able to do something. Something else than negotiate or bargain over the freedom of slaves/ Anakin thought / But with Tatooine outside Republic-territory... ./

"I still fail to see, what this has to do with me. I mean here and now." he asked aloud.

Palpatines look at him changed from friendly to serious. Taking a deep breath he answered. "As you perhaps know, since tenthousand Jediknights are hardly enough today to ensure peace and order it has been my policy to increase the military forces. Because until now we have not enough volunteers to crew the new ships, it was decided by the senate to use cloning-techniques."

"I somehow doubt the wisedom of using clones." stated Anakin.

"Believe it or not, i have the same doubts." answered Palpatine. "Of course they are easy to grow, easy to train and there are no relatives left behind, what makes it easier for the officials, if they don´t have to deal with the questions of family-members of fallen soldiers, but ... . You know perhaps that your Jediorder has always made sure that some kinds of researches were prohibited, especially among those sciences, that deal with life itself."

"They view it as an insult to the force." explained Anakin.

"Some of their arguments are justified, others not. And although some of them are now more open-minded

22. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    UP (glad i found this story again, it rules!) (esp. the fleet battles)

23. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Thank you, Grim.

And there will be a lot more fleet battles.

Promised.

24. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "The Colliding of Empires".

Next update soon.

Happy New Year.

25. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Happy new year to you all!!!

Thread Status: