main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Unknown Soldier: The Story of General Grievous" & "Lord of War" by Abel & Joe (SWI #86)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Super_Battle_Droid, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arf_maul

arf_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    Ooh yeah, can't believe I forgot about that!
    Hooray for Abel and Galaxies!
    [:D]

2. Halagad_Ventor

Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer star 4 VIP

Jul 3, 2001
    Naked boy! Did he have a patch too?

I think Dan Wallace and James Luceno both clung to Panaka's no-nonesense 'tude and just ran with it in totally different directions. IIRC, Panaka tattle-tales about Anakin and Padme's wedding to Palp in the Revenge Visual Dictionary.

So does anyone remember if Palp did in fact have a storehouse on Tatooine as well?

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    If you're thinking of the Eidolon cache from Battleground: Tatooine, IIRC that was Pestage's.

>>>Naked boy! Did he have a patch too<<<

Yep.

4. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
    I was. But I thought he inherited from Palp.

5. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Possibly. I don't have it on hand to check right now.

6. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Lon Isoto? Who? [face_worried]

7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The only Imperial whose worse than Daala.

He basically spent missions routinely in bed with his mistress and stoned off his anyx from spice.

8. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    I really, really inept Imperial Admiral that defended Brentaal in Rogue Squadron: In the Empire's Service. He usually wore only a skirt/loincloth and had lots of scantily-clad women around. He wore his rank bars on a strip of fabric that went over his shoulder.

9. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Hardly would need Rogue Squadron to liberate that system then.

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Why he was assigned by isard, so the system would be lost and thus discredit Pestage.

Lon Isoto was assasinated afterwards.

Some of the best scenes are Baron Fel giving him incredibly good advice and directing the battle that's more or less trying to iceskate uphill.

11. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004

wala!!! The only brave neimoidian I know

12. Halagad_Ventor

Jul 3, 2001
    Most folks don't really listen to Ewoks, you see.

Well, he had enough of em that it's a possibility. Of course, a couple dozen were eaten...

Sometimes shameless plugging is the only way to get noticed.

I definitely think it would be interesting to pick up that thread. I'm always interested in breaking stereotypes, and seeing a Kaleesh Rebel would definitely be cool.

BTW folks, my online chat at the Galactic Senate is about to begin. Stop by and ask a question!

Take care,
    Abel

13. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    And they think Ewoks don't notice, too...

*shakes head sadly* :(

Poor humans.

But, what I really want to know is why Isoto's mattress looked exactly like Winter... o_O

- The Imperial Ewok

14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Getting "intelligence"?

15. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I don't know his mattress looked like a bed to me. Now if you mean mistress that would make alot more sense, but knowing you that does not need to be the case.

16. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Hmm, good point. We know there were Mon Cal seps and Quarren loyalists, but the Quarren were also one of the species that were most associated with the Seps. Quarren loyalists might feel they had a lot to prove.

Eh, but the racial sterotypes annoy me also. Have we ever even seen an evil Mon Cal?

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    All humans look alike to him.

18. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Well, she did look a lot like Winter... [face_thinking]

>>>Have we ever even seen an evil Mon Cal? <<<

There's one in the Rebellion game. There were CIS Mon Cals, but I don't know if they would be exactly "evil." And there have been a number of criminal Mon Cals (a Vigo, even.)

19. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    So the Huk are Yam'rii huh? Cool, I always wanted to know more about the praying mantis guy in the cantina. But when they said it would be a movie alien, I figured on Cane Adiss' species.

20. WhillJedi

WhillJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    I caught some of your live chat at The Galactic Senate, Abel. Vader's Legacy - I can't wait. I really hope this new article doesn't get delayed (Let's keep our fingers crossed). And it will be illustrated... awesome. We may soon need to start a new discussion thread for this. :)

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Cool, I always wanted to know more about the praying mantis guy in the cantina.<<

[TheLadiesMan]"It's a lady!"[/TheLadiesMan]

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hey Abel, I finally got a chance to read the much-anticipated article!!! It was fantastic!!!

Hmmmmmm... apparently anything I might have wanted to bring up about it has already been mentioned on the last few pages. Well, I'll get back to you on that... I'm sure I still have questions left unanswered, even if they might be over minor obscure details.

They were?!? What about the children that had been brought before Grievous when he was in the bacta tank? What were these ones doing while Grievous was off commanding a few quintillion droids?

And kudos to Mr. Corroney too... great work! I especially loved the Qymaen/Ronderu piece!

23. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >Me too. It seems strange that he is loyal to Palpatine, especially since that encounter with Pestage in The Monster. Maybe something changed...<

When I read the story, I got the impression that Panaka was hostile towards Pestage, not Palpatine. The story seems to cast Pestage as the bad guy, and I think he's referred to as "the man from Coruscant", rather than Palpatine's errand boy.

Panaka's loyalty to Palpatine is probably taken directly from TPM--remember how happy he was that Palpatine had been nominated? I think that Palpatine and Panaka must have had some sort of chat that put to rest any doubts Panaka might have had after the Pestage incident.

This message has been brought to you by the letter "P".

TC

24. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003

Hmm, good point. We know there were Mon Cal seps and Quarren loyalists, but the Quarren were also one of the species that were most associated with the Seps. Quarren loyalists might feel they had a lot to prove.

Eh, but the racial sterotypes annoy me also. Have we ever even seen an evil Mon Cal?

It would be interesting if the "Mon Calamari" rebellion was actually CIS remnants taking control of the Calamari Council planning to restart the fight against Palpatine, and it was LOYALIST Quarren (and Mon Cal) who sabotaged the shield in a "courageous act against the separatist holdouts planning to use Mon Calamari to stage a second Clone War". ;)

25. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    I wonder if Ackbar served as a junior officer for the CIS in the Clone Wars....

[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.