main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit "Unlearn what you have learned" - The Jedi Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BobaMatt, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    He could not walk away from the war, the war would either have found him or he would have joined up to help Padame

Hamburger_Time likes this.
  2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Well, Padme did ask him to walk away from it all with her in the end, but at that point it was too late.

Perhaps if she would have asked him right after they got married at the end of AOTC, things could have been different.

Vialco likes this.
  3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    At the beginning of Episode III, Anakin says he's fine with leaving the Jedi, and it's Padme who talks him out of it.

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I think something we're forgetting is that Anakin is largely a good Jedi and very much enjoys being a Jedi and a hero. His big spiritual problem isn't that he hates being a Jedi and wants to leave but that he thinks he deserves more credit and worries he's being held back from being an even better Jedi.

5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    What i like about these panels is how easily they lend themselves to Obi-Wan's general armor in the early seasons of TCW and the final season of the CW micro-series. It looks like the body suit sans the Jedi robe/vest and trooper armor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Which makes sense if you imagine that's basically what Vader's body suit is.

TrandoJedi and Dawud786 like this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I really hope in canon somewhere eventually that they don't reveal some of Luke's students escaped for good from Ben's rampage. Well assuming the "handful of students" Ben took just became the Knights of Ren but it's possible he just kidnapped some Jedi trainees just to be a jerk (or took them as a snack hahahah). I could take a sidewinder, someone quit before Ben killed everyone but they wouldn't count as Jedi. But the point is Luke and then Rey is The Last Jedi. Purge survivors? Not a problem but I think the Jedi order should just be whittled down to Luke as "the last of the Jedi religion".

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I wonder how long a Jedi Knight or Master could practice the Dark Side in secret while presenting an outward appearance of compliance with the Jedi Code. Can one who harbors darkness in their heart still walk in the light and keep the truth of themselves concealed? We know that Master Dooku was already allied with Sidious in his final months as a Jedi Master. The Jedi Council sensed nothing of his true allegiance when he resigned from the Order.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm sorta hoping we see a lot of Knights of Ren action in the next film and Rey successfully flips a couple.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    With Ahsoka around as well, just so fans can continue their Rebels-era arguments over whether or not Ahsoka counts as a Jedi :p[face_devil]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    She quit, don't count. Also in the time period there were a lot of special Force people who escaped Vader and his Emperor and the giant size of the Jedi Order at that point so you can weave and dodge on continuity and terminology there.

Luke's academy is a whole different kettle of fish as literally The Last Jedi is predicated on exactly that, Luke being the Last Jedi. They all gotta burn, dammit!!

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Ahsoka will be the K'Kruhk of canon. Hard for her to wear a hat, tho.

TrandoJedi and Daneira like this.
  13. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    It will have little holes for the horns.

Re: Jedi leaving the order. Somehow, I'm rather suspicious that a telepathic, telekinetic, trained diplomat, soldier, mechanic, pilot and spy is ever really going to have troubles finding a job. At the least, every politician, negotiator, and salesman in the galaxy is going to there with offers.

Hamburger_Time and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Hot take: Jocasta Nu's death and the outcome of her artifacts falling into Sith hands is a good example of why the Jedi aren't into attachments.

15. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm not quite following you on that take. Didn't Jocasta erase the entire archive?

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    And she woulda gotten away with it, too, if not for...
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Princess like this.
  17. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Still not sure what you mean. The archive data was erased. I think you mean that Jocasta would have escaped with the List, had she not given into emotions and attacked the Grand Inquisitor.

18. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    Jocasta's weakness was always her arrogance/pride and attachment to the archives

DarthJaceus and BobaMatt like this.
  19. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Yes, that is what I'm saying. Specifically, her emotions regarding her stewardship of the library. As a consequence of her actions, both the list and the information on Lord Momin fell into Sith hands.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Actually, she amends the mistake for the former pretty well. She taunts Vader and plays him so well that he crushes the datachip with the list on it. As for the latter, the Jedi Temple was always going to be Palpatine's palace. At some point, the remodelers would have found the hidden chamber in the archives, along with Momin's Mask.

The real failure of Jocasta was that she didn't get back to her secret school with the List. She could have rebuilt the Jedi Order with that.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    DarthJaceus and FS26 like this.
  21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I suppose you're right about the mask. Aside from that, the fact of the matter is she's lucky her gambit with Vader worked. Even then, it just makes the loss of the list less bad than it could have been.

Also, and maybe this is fodder for a future Wherefore Art Thou Darth 2.0 thread, it's notable that Shaa and Momin are almost definitely not Darths.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  22. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    They almost have to be pre-Banite, don't they? I doubt Momin could indulge his eccentricities if the survival of the Sith Way was at stake.

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Is "Darth" back to originating with Bane?

If so I doubt it'll last long for the same reasons it didn't last time.

24. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    We already have Darth Atrius from the Star Wars 2018 Annual, who I presumed to be pre-Bane, since he is a known historical figure from an era with several Sith.

25. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    The lack of "Darth" isn't why I make that assumption, but the fact that Momin explicitly does not take an apprentice and yet there are still Sith. Presumably he's not part of the "TWO GUYS ONLY" times.