main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unleashed figs

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by VadersApprentice, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum has some pics of upcoming Battle Packs. I kind of like that Hoth one. I'm not sure of the other two though.

2. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I really want that Geonosis set. I might keep it boxed though, it looks good.

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I thought the Hoth "Battle packs" were pretty cool, but they don't seem to be selling all that well either (At least around here). Maybe "Unleashed" is an doomed name. They should change it to "Superlicious" or something.

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I just saw at Target not an hour ago that the put the Grevious and Boba Fett figures on Clearance and are now selling for 9.99 each! I may have to invest in another Boba.

5. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I picked up the Best Buy/Kay Bee Vader today on a whim. He actually looks much better than pictures lead me to believe.

6. Roviik

Roviik Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2006
    The battle of Geonosis one seems cool. I like those mini figures, I think I am going to begin collecting them :)

7. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I also saw the two Target Unleashed figures on clearance, but they were $14 rather than $10.

Rebelscum also posted a list that they referred to as "new" 7" Unleashed figures, but all it had was Anakin, Obi-Wan, and a Shadow Trooper. The first two could easily be repacks and the third could just be a repaint of the Stormtrooper or Shocktrooper, depending on whether it refers to the Shadow Stormtrooper or Utapau Shadow Trooper.

8. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Not more repacks.[face_plain] If those end up being the ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin they'll be piling up with all the leftover Grievous'. The trooper will sell, but at least do repacks of molds that haven't been available for a few years. That's why at Target all you see is Grievous and hardly any Bobas, at least at all the ones I go to.

9. Jabba_Da_Gutt

Jabba_Da_Gutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2003
    :mad: More repacks?! Well, rumor has it I'm pissed. :mad:

10. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    Has there been any more news released about the "new" figures. I am still of the opinion that they are going to be repacks but the Shadow Trooper name keeps throwing me.

11. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    No news yet, I'm still hoping the Kit Fisto rumor will materialize. I don't buy the small Unleashed packs, but I saw the new ones recently and the Kit Fisto figure would make a great 7" Unleashed, with his tentacles going everywhere. The Saesee and Royal Guards would also look good full-sized.

12. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I still have not seen the Wal-Mart exclusive Unleashed. Not a single one. I really want that Luke. I guess I'll have to get him online.[face_plain]

13. Darth Mace

Darth Mace Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Keep checking for those. I found them last week and have now also seen them in pretty high quanitities at 2 other Wal-Marts. Strangley enough, they were all on the top shelves that can be difficult to reach depending on how tall you are.

14. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    At the Walmart where I found them, they were on an endcap facing the rear of the store. I just happened to go back there because the aisle was busy, walked around, and bingo! The local Target did the same with their Unleashed.

15. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    My Walmart in Orlando has them in their Christmas toys section.

16. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    The Luke and Vader have been in every Wal-Mart I've been in. LOTS of them, but they're usually no where near the Star Wars toys, or the action figures. I've seen them on endcaps next to the Barbies, on top shelves in the hot wheels section, and once even on a pallet in housewares. The Wal-Mart nearest me has about ten of each on the top shelf on the very last toy isle over the cheap $1 toys, right next to the books.

17. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Cool, thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to check out other sections when I go there this week. I know they definitely aren't anywhere near the action figures.

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] Wal-mart puts their stuff all over the place. I bet you could find toy lightsabers in the lawn & garden section.

19. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, I remember when lots of the ROTS stuff was being marked down. It was all right next to the picture frames, near the pillows and shower curtains, about twenty meters behind the toys. But, I shouldn't complain. I think that was the only reason I was able to get a Grievous Unleashed way back when.

20. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Well, I looked tonight but still didn't see any. Checked all over the place. There was maybe two more spots I wanted to check, but the place was a madhouse and I wanted to get the hell outta there. That was at a Super Wal-Mart. I'll check the regular one in the area and see if I have any luck.

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I saw the Luke & Vader at Wal-Mart tonight... Holy cats that new packaging is big... All you'd need to do is buy a couple of them and a set of cymbals and you'd have a drum kit.

22. wise-bi-wan

wise-bi-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2006
  23. whatisthybidding

whatisthybidding Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2006
    Wait till you try to cut them out of the package!

24. Jabba_Da_Gutt

Jabba_Da_Gutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2003
    New Unleashed

Uummm... yay?

I'll pick up a Shadow Trooper just to support the line. Anybody else?

If we want to see new molds, we have to show support.

25. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I'll pick up the shadowtrooper becuase I can't help myself, even though I think the helmet sculpt is absolute crud. I already have Anakin and Obi-Wan, so I'm passing on them. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they would even re-release them anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.