main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Unofficial Memphis EU Board.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chewbracca, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I finished Destiny's Way last night and I just gotta ask:

SPOILER ALERT!!!
    Does anyone else get the impression that this Shimrra guy is a Force-user? I read the last three pages of the book several times and I'm wondering about his inner dialogue after his "remembered pain:"

Why had this happened? Why? He had never harmed anyone.

I'm getting some Wolverine-ish/X-Men vibes here and I'm starting to wonder about the origin of the Vong.

2. Chewbracca_Myers

Chewbracca_Myers Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2002
    Ahhh, Wolverine. My favorite comic character. He'd kick some Vong butt bigtime!!!! 'nuff said.

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    SPOILER ALERT: (For those who haven't finished Destiny's Way. But I think I'm the last person on the planet who has.)
    OK- I'm with Trace.... This Shimrra is just not right. I'm just hoping they aren't going to dredge up the old Sith plotline, or even worse...shudder....the missing Skywalker....gasp...triplet. (NO.....THE HORROR......)

How "Knott's Landing" would that be?

4. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    He he, then Larry Hagman can play Han Solo and they can have a "who shot HS plotline!!"

Man, I'm ready for some Sith. Somebody needs to go after the Vong no holds barred. And a Sith would definately do it!! The Emperor would have already had 30 death stars and mucho sun crushers running around blowing up those worldships. I think the Empire would have kicked some Vong butt!! [face_devil]

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Larry Hagman as Han Solo....OH NO!!! That would mean that Linda Grey would be Princess Leia .....and while Victoria Principal would have been sweet as Mara Jade, that would mean Patrick Duffy would have played Luke....and we just couldn't stand for that!!!!

6. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm with Lonewolf, I'm kinda tired of the whole Vong thing, I'd like to see someone happy for pete's sake!!!!!

s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r

I didn't catch the Shimrra thing...dang, now I'll have to read that part again....... ;)

I did like the part where they reference pre-Clone War Zena Sokot (sp? - you know that planet from Rogue Planet). I don't think we've heard the end of that one....

7. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    I've got about 10 pgs to go with DW.

spoiler

I'd love to have a flying planet come back!! How cool!!! Dark Jedi is needed to stay around a while instead of being killed off so quickly!!!

Oh yeah, I hope you enjoy I,Jedi Rhonda!!!!:D

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I love, I, Jedi. I think it's among the best of all the EU books. But that's just me.

I am reading Vector Prime right now. So far, I don't see what all of the hoopla over R.A. Salvatore's writing was about. I know that Chewie is going to bite the big one, and that pissed everyone off, but, so far, I'm enjoying the book. Salvatore is no Zahn, Stackpole, or Allston, but he's better that others who have ventured into our neck of the literary woods.

One thing does bother me, though. The paperback's cover touts an interview with the author is included inside the book. IT AIN'T THERE!!!!

9. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    I love Salvatore's stuff. Especially his Drizzt the Dark Elf stuff. I loved Vector Prime, after I got over my wookie mourning period. :D

Finished DW.
    spoiler

I hope Nom Amor is killed pretty soon. He's pissing me off big time. What a freakin' sleaze.

10. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I just finished reading Destiny's Way and boy are my arms tired. Anywho, I thought it was good the last couple of pages where just wierd though. I don't get the joke between Onimi and Shimrra oh btw spoilers. I think its much more likely that shimrra has an implant than force powers.

11. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Nom Anor has grown on me. IMHO, he's kinda like Vergere in that he doesn't care about any interests other than his own....I could see him trying to join the NR if they win, LOL. And I wonder if Mara is still gunning for him like she talked about in Balance Point?

I tried to read through that huge Shimrra discussion thread in Lit, but it got a little heavy in the speculation department....and entirely too serious for "what if's", LOL.

This last year of the NJO is going to be 'vewy intewesting!'

12. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    I hope Nom Amor gets executed. I can see Kyp doing something like that!!! [face_devil]

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK- I'm halfway done with Vector Prime. I love it! I don't know what all the griping and groaning was about, especially over Salvatore's writing. I've been thoroughly entertained, and have laughed out loud numerous times. I love the "Flying the Belt" section.

Go Jaina!! Go Jaina!! Go Jaina!! Go Jaina!!

10 pages into it, and Jacen Solo is on my last friggin nerve!! If we find out that he's the Chosen One, I'm getting on a plane, flying to California, and punching George Lucas in the nose.

Anyway, he can't be the Chosen One.

Luke is. (Refer to my comments and comparisons of Luke and Anakin in the social thread!)

14. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    10 pages into it, and Jacen Solo is on my last friggin nerve!! If we find out that he's the Chosen One, I'm getting on a plane, flying to California, and punching George Lucas in the nose.

[face_laugh] I'll be right behind you Tim. I can't stand Jacen.

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm sure we'd have enough people to charter a 747, Brit! I'll just remember to make sure we're in 1st class.

16. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Yeah, there's nothin' like a little champagne in a crystal glass to fuel the anger of an enraged fan. 8-}

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    But, at least we'd get more than a flat coke and a half-ounce bag of pretzels. Then we'd at least have more stamina for the beating to come!!

Nothing like Lobster Thermadore before a rousing act of physical violence!!!

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002

Anyway, he can't be the Chosen One.

Luke is. (Refer to my comments and comparisons of Luke and Anakin in the social t

Aack! I'm confused, I thought Anakin/Vader was the Chosen One. Jacen is too big a weinie to be the Chosen One, I heard an interview of GL where Luke "enabled" Anakin to fufill the prophecy.. I started reading a discussion on this somewhere, but it turned into a flame war and I got out while I could!!! :)

19. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey Brit! I just answered in your Vader/Emperor thread! :)

20. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    But Jacen can't be the chosen one??? He's not canon is he???? Well maybe he is. technically the genetic material is there in that both Han and Leia are in Ep. 4,5,6. Hmmm, maybe we've hit on something!!!!! :D

21. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Chewbracca!

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! The most obnoxious character in the entire GFFA is NOT the chosen one. Because........those are the rules.......that I've just made up....... [face_laugh] (any Eddie Izzard fans here? LOL!)

Seriously, if that were the case then I might have to feel guilty for cheering the Vong on as they tortured him....... [face_mischief]

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hehehehe. That was funny, Trace!!

"Look, I've got legs!"

Do I really want to read ten more books filled with Jacen Solo's constant pissing, moaning, and whining? Will I be that desperate for a Star Wars fix?

Chris: Continue with that line of reasoning that genetic material makes things canon, and eventually Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky will be part of the SW universe!

So, why the hell do people keep arguing that the EU isn't canon? I say that if it puts money in George Lucas' pocket, then it's canon!!

24. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    So, why the hell do people keep arguing that the EU isn't canon? I say that if it puts money in George Lucas' pocket, then it's canon!!

Is that canon Tim, it has George Lucas' name on it, no wait, you didn't write his name while holding your tongue to the left and closing one eye, so it can't be canon!!! [face_laugh]

Sorry, just being silly this am!!!! :)

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Hi every one, this from TF.n...

Clone Wars/NJO Titles and Plot Info
    Tue, Nov 19, 02 09:33:28 PM EST

TOS posted two book updates tonight. One is a mini-summary for Dietz's book, now titled Escape From Dagu. Follow the link for the summary.
    The other news is the looooooong-awaited title of Greg Keyes, upcoming NJO paperback. Rumors have been swirling for a while about this one, and the title's only gonna add fuel to the fire: The Final Prophecy. Follow the link for the update, which includes, for the first time, the complete NJO checklist, with every single title and author.

Please, please tell me Jacen doesn't have some connection to his grandfather in the "prophecy", that would just be too much... I agree with you Trace... I would have rather seen Anakin Solo(my favorite EU character)in that role... again, Jacen is a weinie!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.