main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Unpopular Expanded Universe Opinions

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Irredeemable Fanboy, Jan 20, 2021.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I guess I like Cade less since he never grew. I liked his character as a starting point. But he never left it. He was a foil for Sia but then she left the story.

Zayne is way more fun than him.

Kerra was more interesting to me, maybe I just had less time with her.

2. Xizor and Thrawn looks like the same chracter
    the Origins of Dooku and Jango are better in Legends than in New Canon
    Darth Tenebrous deserved his own book
    Yoda deserved a origin book in Legends like Palpatine with Plagueis
    Dash Rendar Kyle Katarn and Jaden Korr deserved more appearances in Legends

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2021
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Emperor Vitatie is a boring character

He's to self serious and not enough fun.

He's like a boring Palpatine.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  4. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Heheh, i'm not really sure if that's unpopular, most people hated him before he turned into Valkorion (who looked more interesting as a person).

AusStig likes this.
  5. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Everyone prefers Valkorion, except Tenebrae it seems.

6. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Well, he later noted how he would have done the same as the original Valkorion because toying with the feelings of his family was "endlessly entertaining" so maybe he changed his mind on the matter? He's very hard to read, for sure.

7. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I was just thinking how he mentioned getting 'distracted' by family and giving Valkorion a look.

8. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Yes, it was as if he was criticizing his prior self for getting too distracted with building Empires and making a family, instead of going along with his plan to eat the galaxy, but that was before he went "At last, i understand... So desperate for love, for approval, for self-determination (referring to his family members, Senya, Arcann and Vaylin respectively), you must have been endlessly entertaining" so in a way, i think he understood why he did those things in a prior life as he regained those memories, when he criticized "Valkorion" it was when he didin't have any understanding of why he bothered with "distractions".

Or maybe this is just pure headcanon.

ConservativeJedi321 and AusStig like this.
  9. Dont know why but Revange of the Sith is more enjoyable after you read the Plagueis novel

AusStig and Irredeemable Fanboy like this.
  10. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    When you see the parallel between the Anakin/Palpatine scene in the Opera and the one with Plagueis/Sidious near the end of the book, it just enhances the scene in a subtle yet substantial way.

Also how Palpatine's final thoughts in the book are when he decides on training Anakin to fulfill his plan, and Revenge of the Sith is when he finally achieves it.

PCCViking and AusStig like this.
  11. also The Phantom Menace when you know Plagueis is alive the movies are Legends too so the book is valid

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2021
  12. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    All of the books are valid for me, forever.

This message reminded me of how i sometimes see the first 6 movies with the mindset of what i knew from Legends comics and books, other times with the hindsight of what happens later in the Sequels, or earlier in TCW, etc. It's interesting how one can see the same movies with different perspectives.

AusStig likes this.
  13. the Chiss deserved more books l love everything about the unknown regions i would love to learn more about them or the Vong or other Galaxies a very different Star Wars with unique stories
    I will loved to see the Plagueis novel to be animated or live action and a Palpatine book in Plagueis style during the OT

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2021
    AusStig and Irredeemable Fanboy like this.
  14. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I would have liked to see those Rakata warlords that the source book said existed.

15. The Prequels and the OT is more enjoyable if you read the EU i want to believe all the stories happen in the movies Tales of the Jedi KOTOR Plagueis everything happen

The Emotional Jedi and AusStig like this.
  16. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I don't know if that is unpopular with regards to the PT.

17. For some reason i found TCW Anakin to be very similar to Galen Marek

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021
  18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    In what way?

19. Dont know his face how TCW Anakin is powerful god like Starkiller i found TCW Anakin voice to be similar to Sam

Irredeemable Fanboy and AusStig like this.
  20. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    The Mortis Arc surely helps to solidify that notion of Anakin as a force demigod, and the voice is one of the things i don't like much about TCW, he feels too different from the regular english Anakin Skywalker to me, but i hadn't considered how he sounds similar to Sam lol.

I don't think Starkiller is too much of a "force god" though, he was powerful, but he wasn't the most powerful ever, we've seen a lot of characters do things just as impressive as he did.

21. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    Emperor Vitiate is more powerful, that Darth Sidious.

He had a longer reign, beat Revan easily and beat the Republic head on

AusStig likes this.
  22. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    True, but Palpatine got the Republic to beat itself.

Master Endz-One likes this.
  23. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    Undeniable, but that plan originated by Darth Bane and set up through a thousand years of Sith planning. Love Palpatine by the way, but when I first read about Vitiate, I felt Vitiate was more powerful. Palpatine more cunning and a way better plan.

AusStig likes this.
  24. I think Jedi Exile the original from KOTOR 2 not from SWTOR can beat Vitiate also EU Luke

25. The best EU moment for me is when Plagueis train Palpatine in Mygeeto