main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Unpopular Expanded Universe Opinions

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Irredeemable Fanboy, Jan 20, 2021.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    The Exile is a shark, really good in her one enviroment (fighting other force wounds) and really bad else where. I honestly don't get the love for her.

2. The Prequel Trilogy and Disney Trilogy could be considered EU

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I can buy that considering they are "Expansions" of the Original Trilogy.

4. I dont like Legacy that much mainly because i dont like Cade Skywalker i think he is worse than Kylo Ren or Episode 2 Anakin combined and also feels like a Quinlan Vos Clone but i love the Imperial Knights​

AusStig likes this.
  5. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Cade works as a foil to Sia, not as a lead character on his own.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    George Lucas meant for Darth Bane to have created the Rule of Two 2000 years before the movies. The Essential Chronology misinterpreted the TPM novelization to make the destruction of the pre-Rule-of-Two Sith and the “extinction” Ki-Adi Mundi references the same event.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  7. The Jedi Council members are better developed in Multimedia Project
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Oppo Rancisis
    Mace Windu
    Even Piell
    Plo Koon
    Adi Gallia
    Micah Giiett
    Tyvokka
    Saesee Tiin
    Yarael Poof
    Yoda
    Depa Billaba
    All of them having their own protagonism loved all pre Episode 1 stuff in Legends

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2021
    The Emotional Jedi and AusStig like this.
  8. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    The post Plagueis!Sith are Sith only by name

Anedon likes this.
  9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Interesting, even Palpatine?

10. Many EU stories can be just holodramas
    SWTOR is a Rebel propaganda of Malgus being Vader and Vitiate Palpatine Luke is the hero of tython Rebel intelligence call the show Old Republic so people can miss the Republic
    KOTOR 1 and 2 is what actually happen in the Old Republic era the events of Tales of the Jedi Dawn of the Jedi happen but they are exaggerated and romanticized
    TCW and 2003 Clone Wars are holoshows and the multimedia project and novels is the real thing
    Anakin and Obi Wan just like Palpatine were stars in the Galaxy thanks to the shows
    TFU happen but the first game and the novel version
    Dash Rendar did all the job in Hoth Death Star 2 but all the credit go for Luke Han and Lando
    Many adventures of Luke was just Kyle Katarn
    Everything after Return of the Jedi in Legends and Canon can be just holoshows Sequels, Mandalorian, Thrawn Trilogy Dark Empire Legacy everything
    The Plagueis novel happen Palpatine was still an apprentice in Episode 1 Maul was not a Sith Lord but a tool the Underworld story happen but was deleted either by Palpatine or Rebel intelligence Anakin was not a chosen one but a result of Plagueis Experiment also the Plagueis novel is not complete and not told the full story of Palpatine Plagueis

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2021
  11. Luceno should have ignored TCW and make the Maul origin story in Iridonia

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2021
  12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The biggest loss from the sale to Disney was whatever Ostrander had planned for Dawn of the Jedi.

13. Exar Kun downfall is better than Anakin
    Ulic redemption is better than Anakin

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2021
    JediAvatar and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I can't believe that the Jedi Council would have a "ghost prison" and wouldn't tell Anakin. The story was still 10/10.

15. SWTOR, TFU, TCW EU, Legacy are infinities

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2021
  16. that EU was canon to the movies during the Prequel era, Republic comics and Novels intended to be Canon just like now with modern comics and novels after TCW not every EU aspect was canon but some works like TFU was canon
    Tales of the Jedi and Dark Empire deserved a cartoon during the 90s
    KOTOR and Old Republic deserved a live action movie or show during early 2010s
    Shadows of the Empire deserved a live action movie in the 90s
    The Pod Racing lore deserve to be explored more
    Lucas will have contradicted the EU in the Sequels and the EU will be renamed Ultimate Star Wars or Classic Star Wars a new EU will be created but old EU will be treated better and allow to continue

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2021
  17. Palpatine Legends backstory is tragic for me for some reason

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2021
  18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    To me the tagedy lies in that fact that he never had a choice. He was set on the path he went from day one. Where characters like Anakin chose to become Sith Palpatine was always going there. Like what is worse? Being born evil? Or chosing evil when you could have chosen good instead? The first is something outside of your control, the second is very much within it.

In a sense Legends Palpatine is a victim of the force. Having whatever life he could have had stolen from him to serve as the villian in the millionst episode of "Light vs Darksiders"...

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  19. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    My unpopular opinions:

1) Shaak-Ti is a wonderful character. I love her personality and I think that she was the best female Jedi character during the Clone Wars (Multimedia Project version).

2) The Legacy of the Force book series is well written and the books themselves are very good, but the fact that Jacen falls to the Dark Side in my opinion ruins the character. It is much better to see Jacen as a fairly wise Jedi in constant symbiosis with the nature (like Shaak-Ti). The fact that he becomes a Sith Lord is so contrary to his personality that it makes zero sense.

3) The fact that Jacen becomes a Sith Lord makes Anakin’s sacrifice and redemption completely useless and contradicts the Prophecy of the Chosen One. Anakin was the one who was destined to destroy the Sith, but if the Sith resurrect it becomes meaningless and everything is nullified. This problem does not exist with Darth Krayt, because in the Legacy comics it is made clear that he is not a true Sith Lord, the same Darth Bane tells him that he is not a true Dark Lord of the Sith and that his order has nothing to do with the Sith Order. So, Legacy comics do not contradict the Prophecy of the Chosen One because Krayt is not a true Sith Lord, but LOTF contradicts the Prophecy because Caedus is a true Sith Lord.
    Dark Empire comics also contradict the Prophecy of the Chosen One, because Palpatine is a true Sith and therefore cannot be resurrected after Anakin’s death. Furtherermore, Anakin in killing Sidious fulfilled the Prophecy, so the Emperor’s resurrection makes Anakin’s sacrifice completely vain. Therefore, if we want to make everything consistent with the Prophecy we must exclude both Dark Empire and LOTF from the Expanded Universe.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  20. In my opinion Cosinga Palpatine was the reason why he become like that
    also TFU 1 is a good story and Galek Marek should have never be Cloned

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2021
  21. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    I disagree with the first one (despite loving Exar Kun myself).
    But i completely agree with the second.

Deliveranze likes this.
  22. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    exactly! In fact for me the second video game should never have been created, because the first one has a story that is self-conclusive and therefore does not need to be continued. The first game can easily exist alone (along with the novelization of course) without the need to consider the second game. The second video game simply does not exist for me, and it will never exist because it has a completely useless and meaningless story, which belittles the character of Galen Marek.

AusStig and Irredeemable Fanboy like this.
  23. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Yeah, making a The Force Unleashed II was completely unnecessary, it was made for no other purpose than money.

24. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Joke is the third game being explicitly AU might have turned the entire second part AU as well. So we can probably at least assume the Dark Side Ending of that game is canon.

25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Weirdly enough they wanted to make a different game, but were given a tight deadline, so they reused a lot assets, hence cloning.