main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Rey kills Kylo Ren in Episode 9 by decapitating him:

Kylo Ren sais, "No stop, I will explain everything. We are cousins."

Rey sais, "Twice removed."

And then she slashes his neck a second time and his head rolls away.

Credits, fade, award ceremony, etc.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  2. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016

3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Jake Lloyd was great in TPM.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    He had his moments. I loved the way he shouted "It's working!" when they first fired up the podracer. OTOH, his delivery of "sandstorms are very dangerous" was atrocious. It was a very uneven performance, IMO.

Chromide likes this.
  5. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    On the other other hand, :p
    I think the scene where he says goodbye to his mother is perfectly well-done.

6. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2019
    Agreed. For all the fun we’ve made of that movie, for all the poor dialogue he was given to work with, that scene still breaks my heart 20 years later. I think he did well there.

7. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    While I agree with u, I never make fun of TPM. :p

8. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    The beaked-and-tentacled Special Edition sarlacc is better than the original version. It feels more alive and more threatening.

9. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I like the unpopularity of that opinion.

10. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Battle of Endor is overrated. Battle of Yavin 100% consisted of space battle and it was full of suspence.
    Battle of Endor on other hand was separated on what happened inside DS (Like, Vader and Palpatine) and actual space battle. Plus planetary battle but ewoks business doesnt, doesnt count.

So, while everything that happened inside DS was absolute greatness, actual space battle of Endor was a meh in comparison to battles of Yavin, Coruscant and Scariff. It has little of suspence. Ships kinda flew and shot with outdated graphics. There was no real suspence in it. And many peopel have it as the best space battle of SW on their lists. Nah.

Sith Lord 2015 and Deliveranze like this.
  11. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Honestly the space battle of Endor is forgettable compared to the Death Star duel and even the ground battle. Those two elements come to mind before the space battle.
    I was never a fan of Endor in general. For me, ROTJ's plot stalls midway with the whole misunderstanding between the natives and rebels. The ground battle is pretty hard to watch but the Death Star scenes are great. I just feel jarred from the overall seriousness of Luke's journey to the Ewok battle.

12. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Battle of Endor was meh because it's only narrative purpose was to be something to tempt Luke into anger. Until the shield went down, everyone involved in it was in a passive role - just trying to survive instead of being an actual driver of things.

To add my own unpopular opinion, I'll say the ROTS Battle of Coruscant is overrated too. I have no quarrel with the way Lucas used it in that movie - it's an opening shot of adrenaline and follows the Star Wars tradition of beginining in the middle of something. But I hear so many fans talking about this battle as if it were this BIG EVENT and that TCW's final scene should be all about setting it up (or recreating it.) Not only does that sideline TCW's narrative thrust (it's not about the war itself) but the Battle of Coruscant was not even the decisive conflict in the CW. It was basically a giant troll by Palpatine to cover for his real plan: to get rid of Dooku and clear the path for a new apprentice.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Deliveranze likes this.
  13. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Same here. I just don't like it as a location. Tatooine, Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin at least feel slightly "alien" and interesting, but Endor looks like it's been filmed just outside of someone's backyard, a forest like any other you find on Earth. It just doesn't look interesting. It probably doesn't help much that E.T. was filmed in the same location earlier, so to me it was like "been there, done that". Forest locations CAN be interesting, like Avatar or LOTR, but Endor just isn't, tree villages or not. Visually stunning locations or sets are obviously just as important as plot to me, at least in a movie that is set on different planets.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Deliveranze likes this.
  14. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    I don't get "baby yoda" mass hysteria.

15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    The unbridled "hate" for the ST by some is completely unjustifiable.

16. AnakinTheChosenOne

AnakinTheChosenOne Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2019
    TESB is a tad over rated.

17. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I just love STAR WARS and can enjoy almost anything of it (Holiday Special not included)

18. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    If Marvel's WHAT IF? series does well on Disney+, I would like to see the STAR WARS: INFINITIES comics brought to the screen.

What would happen if DS1 wasn't destroyed?

What if Luke died on Hoth?

What if Yoda had trained Leia instead of Luke?

What if Qui-Gon had trained Anakin instead of Obi-Wan?

This needs to happen!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Darth Nave and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    I feel for Ben Solo. He is a vulnerable, troubled soul that doesn't know where he belongs. Betrayed by family. He has done terrible things, in the name of hubris and twisted motivations. He loves his mother, and indeed his love for his father was matched only by his contempt for him; oh, how he wanted Han to snatch the saber from him and toss it aside. Why didn't he care enough to do so...

Yes, this is legit. Don't @ me (actually, go ahead; it's fine). :)

20. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Too many fans are too obsessed with the Han-Luke-Leia chemistry in the OT. And it has indirectly led to problems within the fandom.

21. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I'd like to hear what problems it has led to. Not that I disagree but I am curious

22. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Huh?

What?

PendragonM likes this.
  23. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Like demands and expectations on how they should be handled in the ST. Getting angry over killing them in the new films because they are the "holy trinity". Arguing over a reunion on Screen. Stuff like that.

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It’s overdone, for sure.
    He was fine, and served his function just fine. A young boy starting out on a life changing journey.

25. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    You can look at events residing in an objective vacuum, or while considering different vantage points. Empathy and such. :)