main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Just a friendly question; we are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think Han really believed his son would run him through with a light saber. Maybe he thought at worst he would be taken prisoner. Is this really Hans fault? :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    PendragonM and Emperor Ferus like this.
  2. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    No worries, eh. :) No, of course not; and that's kind of my whole take with this sort of thing, it's not a binary situation, IMO. There's an objective truth that exists, yes, but also subjective truths that we all (and Ben!) feel because of experiences we've been privy to and how we've processed life. Sort of like an insanity defense, eh; different levels of accountability based upon certain variables that are that person's "truth".

It doesn't make what he did right, or even predicated on something closely resembling an objective truth or rationale...but I believe Ben did what he did because of an intense amount of internal struggle - as opposed to malice - that we can't possibly relate to. And so, I can't judge him according to a rational measure.

Sarge and christophero30 like this.
  3. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Well Mr. Kartan beat me to the punch. As he said, it led to unreasonable expectations for the ST. Now, dont get me wrong, I absolutely despise the ST. But the big 3 not getting a reunion scene is the least of its problems. While I think their deaths were handled poorly and not treated with enough respect, I do think atleast one or two of them had to go. But the way I hear some fans in their ST criticisms, it sounds like they didnt want them to die at all. That is an absurd expectation. And I find it funny that Lucas got flack for not killing Han in ROTJ, but some fans gave Disney flack for killing him in TFA. The OT main characters should have only had as big of a role in the ST as Yoda and Obi wan had in the OT. Because now the OT characters are the mentors, and the ST characters are the protagonists. The ST protagonists SHOULD be front and center.

But I think it also led to a lot of the hatred towards the PT. We were never going to have that sort of character chemistry between monks and high level politicians, and it should not have been expected. It just seems to me that the fraternity of Han Luke and Leia is the meat and potatoes of Star Wars for a lot of people, and I think that has led to a big schism within the fandom, because a lot of other people dont feel that way including me.

4. i dont like Star Wars to be a fairy tail
    I think the prequels showed that Star Wars can be much more complex than good vs evil

5. AnakinTheChosenOne

AnakinTheChosenOne Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2019
    Solo is the worst SW film.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  6. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    I don't think the Galactic Republic is a good idea. The Old Republic fell to the Empire, and the New Republic fell to the First Order. Hopefully, Ep. 9 ends on a different note. Instead of a republic, why not let each system be Free....Free to rule itself...Free to make its own Alliances. And, when unified action is needed, those worlds could join together, like a Federation, to meet those Galactic challenges......

I'm surprised no one has thought of this before....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

PCCViking and Sarge like this.
  7. Merrin

Merrin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2019
    Baby Yoda is not cute.

Mark Pierre likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    :eek:

Can't... even...

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Did you happen to see today's episode?

devilinthedetails likes this.
  10. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship > the nauseating artificiality of Poe and Finn's friendship

11. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    At this point, ROTS is the best conclusion of a trilogy in the saga.

12. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2019
    Episode 5 of The Mandalorian didn't go overboard with the fan service.

13. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I haven't watched The Mandalorian, but I feel inclined to not like Baby Yoda. Feels like this thing is becoming the Minions of SW.

14. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Even more unpopular, I haven't seen Mandalorian and have no interest in it. Haven't seen Solo either. I'll say it again, I don't need to have a new movie telling the life story of every single minor SW character. If the ST were any better and actually continued the story that would have been enough for me.

Deliveranze likes this.
  15. Merrin

Merrin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2019
    I wish Rian Johnson had directed all three sequels.

JJ seems like a good man but in the name of greater good he should stay as far away from Star Wars as possible.

Darth Nave and Emperor Ferus like this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    BY had a moment of pure anti-cute, no doubt of that.

17. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    My opinion is that Sidious is back in Episode 9 out of desperation. Due to poor planning by Lucasfilm and Kathleen Kennedy. It's not Disney's fault.

18. TK-2814

TK-2814 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 20, 2019
    I like all of the characters introduced in VII and VIII.
    I never hated Jar Jar Binks.
    Pernilla August is an underrated actor for her portrayal of Shmi Skywalker.
    Jake Lloyd's acting was nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be.
    I prefer the PT over both OT and ST.
    I was never in the "Rey must be a Skywalker" camp.
    I want Rian Johnson to move forward with his trilogy.
    I want new films that have nothing to do with the OT whether it be films that take place outside of that time period or films that aren't trying to be a carbon copy of the OT.
    I'd rather see George Lucas' idea for the ST.

19. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    - Ben's death in Episode IX was a good decision, especially why he died
    - Rey becoming a Skywalker on her own accord is also a strong decision
    - TLJ is by far the best movie of the ST

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  20. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Agree with the first one, except for
    The kiss [face_sick]

21. Passing Through History

Passing Through History Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2019
    Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus is a far more captivating Sith than Darth Maul (though, Maul has a great arc in Star Wars as a whole), there is something about Dooku. His motivations should have been expanded upon more beyond II as a part of the prequels, considering he rather told Obi-Wan the truth and that the Jedi were too blind to see it. That's really fascinating, and I love the detail that he trained Qui-Gon Jinn makes his relationship with Obi-Wan all the more meaningful. I mean, for all the good and respect within Qui-Gon, would he have actually joined Dooku?

(Also, greetings, people of JCF ;), or should I say hello there?)

22. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    TCW Anakin is the equivalent of TLJ Luke. Reinvention of a character to make them more palatable to a certain sect who didn't enjoy or understand the original characters

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ahsoka shouldn’t have survived The Clone Wars. Instead she should have been one of the first people that was killed in the temple

24. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Anakin was a Palpatine by blood because Sideous was Anakin's Daddy. I like this.

25. callmejoe

callmejoe Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    Anakin being the chose one was the biggest mistake of the series. He didn't need to be one, he could have been just some jedi. A strong one, sure, maybe even the strongest of his generation, but making him the fulcrum which the whole galaxy pivoted was a mistake. It took attention away of what could have been a larger story and turned the force from a mystical force to a genetic superpower.