main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I agree. I think it has to do with the amount of articles/media coming out around 2016-17 saying "Kylo Ren is what Anakin should have been." There was a huge influx of those after TFA dropped.

2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    It would help to understand why Kylo Ren turned to the dark side other than Snoke/Palpatine having an influence.

3. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I'd hope this isn't unpopular in general but I know it is in some circles.

4. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    DJ is more annoying than Jar Jar. By far.

5. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Kylo Ren teaches by bad example.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    OK, if we're going to be pedantic, if it's SW and it's a cartoon, it sux.

7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Jedi are pretty lame

seeker_two likes this.
  8. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    rey....is a horrible person. Hear me out. In TROS, she spends the whole movie trying to ditch her friends. At one point, she even pushes finn away before leaping away with kylo ren. She then makes out with the guy who'd been leading the evil army. The guy who tortured her and one of her friends. The guy who killed one of her friends, and maimed another. Oh btw, her friend was maimed because he fought a fight he knew he couldn't win, in order to protect her. She gets sad when she thinks she killed chewie, but then is happy when she learned she only killed a bunch of random people instead. Then at the end of the movie, I can only assume that she steals the falcon and bb8, to go live on a desert. It would've been more fitting if they stranded her back on jakku. Rey started to grate on me in TLJ, but by TROS, Rey.....is terrible.

[Paragraph Deleted]

BAZ Edit: "Rape Face"? What the hell are you thinking?

@anakinfansince1983 @heels1785

@cubman987

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2020
  9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I think Mandalorians as a faction and culture are more interesting then both the Jedi and Sith.

CampOfSorgan and seeker_two like this.
  10. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    The plot twist in ESB isnt good because of the twist itself. Its good because it opened the door for the drama and tragedy that encapsulates the Skywalker saga. The twist in Empire is cool because of the potential it opened. ROTJ and the PT really made that twist worthwhile.

11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    If only the folks who wrote TROS had understood that.

Riv_Shiel, callmejoe, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I wonder what people in 1980 thought about Vader and if he were still a separate person from Anakin Skywalker as Ben led you to believe. The possibilities of that story could have been interesting having Darth Vader train as a Jedi knight in the shadow of a superior Jedi named Skywalker and have him be involved in a love triangle with the same woman. I wonder if people thought this. There's no hint that Anakin Skywalker and Vader are one and the same until ROTJ

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hate that Star Wars is called A New Hope

Sarge likes this.
  14. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Lobot deserved more screen time in ESB. Lobot deserves a comic book mini series with a subtitle. For example, "Lobot and the Howling Winds of Bespin

15. Mark Pierre

Mark Pierre Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2016
    Anakin has a rape face?!??
    Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with people?!:mad:

16. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Kylo Ren is closer to that description than Anakin

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Sorry took a couple of days to catch that. That paragrpah has been deleted.

@anakinfansince1983 @cubman987

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Resistance has a better art style than Clone Wars and Rebels.

CampOfSorgan and Sarge like this.
  19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    John Powell's score for Solo is the best soundtrack of the Disney era.

If I had to rank the music it would go:

1. Solo
    2. Rogue One
    3. The Force Awakens
    4. Mando/Rebels
    5. The Last Jedi/Rise of Skywalker

20. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    By the standards of ordinary people, the Force was very cruel to the Jedi as part of 'bringing balance to the Force'. Whatever extent the Jedi Order became embroiled in politics and stagnated, surely no person would have believed that it justified the purge of almost all—thousands of—Jedi, who generally led decent lives.

21. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Ok I got one. This one has bothered me forever.

Force Ghosts: Underutilized

Force Ghosts have been around since 1983 and are either barely explored (Anakin especially) or are just used as expositional characters. Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda deserve more than to be just cheerleaders for Luke, Rey, or other characters every 6 years and then disappear again.

Force Ghosts should be more active in big events. I understand the narrative complications in having Force Ghosts intervene too much, but rules can be established around that.

Having Force Ghosts create a barrier and protect Rey from the Sith cultists in TROS would be a great retcon.

Maybe have them fight off Sith spirits in a EU novel. Or create rules that they cannot use lethal force against people, so they can only Force push obstacles away or something.

It just bothers me that Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda (and now Luke and Leia in canon) are just perpetually stuck watching war after war happen and they can only intervene through exposition.

22. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    "Nubian" is the adjectival form of "Naboo." Nothing in the world could be more obvious. The only reason there's now an extra planet called Nubia in the canon--where all of Naboo's starships just so happen to be manufactured--is because of some lunkheaded tie-in authors back in 1999 who had an inexplicably hard time putting two and two together.

Riv_Shiel, Mark Pierre, Sarge and 4 others like this.
  23. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Lucas was right removing the “birth of the rebellion” scenes from ROTS. Those scenes are boring.

Sarge, rpeugh and Deliveranze like this.
  24. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Only scene I would keep from that is when the Delegation visits Palaptine's office. I liked the antagonistic moment between Padme and Anakin where they see each other on opposite sides of a political issue.

The other two scenes I agree were not worth making the final cut.

25. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    It's the best editing decision of the entire PT. Like Deliveranze I might have considered keeping the delegation visit to Palpatine's office. The big advantage to getting rid of the scenes is that it makes the pacing of the movie so much better and focuses the story on Anakin and his plight. Makes his destiny seem like a runaway train that can't be stopped.