main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. The Maverick

The Maverick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2020
    do you have a number I can call?

an unpopular opinion of mine....

I'm sure it's been said many times here but Disney needs to let go of this era.

They need to either focus on The Old Republic stuff, Jedi Vs Sith etc or years into the future. Let's just get out of The Skywalker age.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    christophero30 likes this.
  2. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    It's a spelling mistake, for sure.

3. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi-Wan was right to keep the truth from Luke

darthfettus2015 and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    ^Yeah, I don't so much blame Obi-Wan for not telling Luke, that's understandable. But making it personal for Luke by telling him Vader killed his father? That's... questionable.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Sarge, wobbits and Iron_lord like this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Return of the Jedi is the best of the Original Trilogy.

[​IMG]

6. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    This is not an unpopular opinion. It's wrong, but it's not unpopular. [face_dancing]

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Return of the Jedi is the purest Star Wars film that incapsulates everything Star Wars is, represents and should be.

Essentially Return of the Jedi is the film of what Star Wars should FEEL like....It is the purest Star Wars movie.

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2020
  8. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I say you're wrong too. And well, I'm Chuck Norris. No one questions Chuck Norris.[face_shame_on_you]

StarYogi and PCCViking like this.
  9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It was my childhood fave. Really fun movie with great action and feelgood resolution.

10. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
  11. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I would love to hear an explanation for how an opinion can be “wrong.”

And yes, it is unpopular. Most prefer ANH or ESB of the OT.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  12. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Ewoks are great. Gungans are great. These species have charm and are quintessential Star Wars.

13. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I was kidding. Lighten up, Francis.;)

Sarge likes this.
  14. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Solo is better than any ST movie.

15. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    It is better than TFA, TROS, and Rogue One as a film. The story elements I'm not so sure about. The actor did a decent job but Ford is Han Solo and that actor was just a bit too old. Imo, it would have been a better idea to have Han Solo be 15 years old. I think people would have bought the character more, this way. Some stuff is better left to the imagination.

Jedi Comedian and Emperor Ferus like this.
  16. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    I liked the bittersweet kiss at the end of Episode IX.

I did not cringe, I did not cry, I did not hate. Well...I just found it tragic and really SW-like. Also it was neither too less or too much in my opinion. I did not need words or Ben's ghost. I feel like the only person in the world who does not just accept the scene but even likes it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Nah, I liked the scene as well. Although I wish he didn't die or at least the death was handled better.

18. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I like TROS the most out of the ST. Perhaps not technically the best of the trilogy but the one I had the most fun watching overall.

19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I don’t know if you’re new here (I’m on mobile so I can’t see your registration date) but telling someone their opinion is wrong is probably the best way to start an argument on this site.

I’m not angry BTW, just letting you know.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  20. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    What we didn't see of the First Order (built from my head canon of the Sequel Trilogy and thoroughly unpopular):

• Snoke and Snoke's creators dealt heavy in the black market body parts trade.
    • Snoke's golden robes had a high market value and were lined with precious ore
    • Snoke was stitched and glued together using stolen body parts held in vats

What my thoroughly unpopular opinion is getting at is Snoke is the Body Parts Trading to Palpatine's Cloning. The two can go hand-in-hand. Palpatine provides the dark and sinister lessons against cloning. Snoke provides the dark and sinister lessons against building people from scavenged body parts. Snoke is someone's evil "Build-a-Buddy"

Now I'm going to get into really unpopular territory: These two baddies are there to provide an object lesson against neglecting our spiritual nature. When we focus too much on the material, we neglect the spiritual. When we desire to harm others to selfishly protect our body's material, we will ultimately suffer torment. Someone who insists traveling down this road (historical figures like Hitler come to mind) will eventually arrive at the ultimate embodiment of evil, sustaining their material through death and destruction. This is the inverse lesson to most religions.

Doesn't Snoke look pitiful? All that skin is stretched over stolen body parts and maybe some cloned material?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Sarge likes this.
  21. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I hate to say this, but if there are anymore Vader appearances in film... I think someone else should do the voice. I wish Jones could do the voice forever, but judging by RO and the remake of The Lion King, I just don't think his voice fits the role anymore.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  22. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    How about Vin Diesel?

Or would that be too unpopular?

23. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :vader:

24. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    There are so many missed opportunities with Snoke.

25. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    The Rise of Skywalker is a top-level John Williams work that was severely underrated due to the film itself, poor in-film editing/mixing, and because it didn't have Duel of the Fates.