main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Scratch that. They're all boring in large doses :p

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I 100% agree that Spaceballs isn’t that funny, but I think that’s in part because overall, humor ages really, really poorly (there are obviously some exceptions). Try finding an ‘80s or ‘90s comedy that’s still funny; there aren’t many. It’s odd; there’s hardly anything that ages more quickly than humor. Even special effects age less quickly.

3. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    My interest in The Mandalorian is lowering just as a lot of other people seem to be praising it more and more. So much of the acting feels flat and lifeless and the dialogue comes off as overly minmalistic and on the nose. The plots are far too repetive and predictable for my taste as well. I'm also getting tired of the constant references to other parts of canon which people seem to give it praise for as if Star Wars referencing itself is some kind of accomplishment. This dependency on "nostalgia bait" has been an issue with the series for a long time though. I don't know, maybe my expectations are too high, but with the way the show gets hyped up I just expected more.

4. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I agree with most of this actually. Its funny how fans will praise the smallest things in the Mandalorian but then pick apart other movies to shreads.

5. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I'm also not really interested in watching TM. I was never that interested in Mandalorian stuff to begin with, but then the Baby Yoda hype happened and got on my nerves (as does the idea of a baby being so OP with the Force). Live-action Bo-Katan, don't care. Live-action Ahsoka... well, at that point I think the show wants me not to watch it.

As for more criticism being aimed at the movies than this series, I think it's just different standards. The ST and Solo have ties to the saga and those characters. From what I can tell, TM is just about some Boba Fett stand-in dude doing whatever.

6. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The Mandalorian started to lose me with the return of Boba Fett. I don't buy the whole idea that he survived because he had armor on when his armor didn't cover his entire body. Any toxins the sarlaac used to immobilize its victims would have penetrated his clothing and skin (hands, legs). He was in there the entire time the other events with Jabba's sail barge were taking place. It's not as if he used his jet pack to fly out as soon as he got swallowed. I tried watching some dude with a monotone voice on youtube try and explain how he survived but that lost me again when Boba supposedly has a telepathic link to previous victims? Uh, ok. o_O

Death needs to have consequences. I am just over everyone being brought back from the dead and I'm not a huge fan of Ahsoka being in every single thing so at this point I am actually just watching to see what other crazy crap The Child does.

Darth Chuck Norris and Sarge like this.
  7. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    ^I didn't know they flat out brought Boba back. Retconning a character's death in RotJ and bringing them back suddenly for no good reason... wow, Disney sure seems to be on a roll lately.

8. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Ahsoka has, and will always suck

Sarge and antitoxicgamer like this.
  9. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    The appeal of The Mandalorian is that it's a TCW style live-action series.
    Hondo Ohnaka should totally show up in it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  10. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I apologize if I spoiled it for you.

11. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    To be fair, Boba being brought back from the dead long predates Disney. They’ve just (seemingly) added it to their new canon.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  12. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Toxins? We see the Sarlacc, we see it's tentacles, it's mouth, it's all completely dry. It's a gaping hole over a sand pit, Tons upon tons of sand go in. People don't get out because they are stuck. Not because there's no dry place to stand within. Boba Fett in the new canon didn't neccesarily survive because of his armor or epic jetpack action, it's because a massive sail barge exploded above the sarlacc and it gave the sarlacc trouble when the wreckage fell into the pit. And there's the suggestion that maybe the krayt dragon ate it and the Jawas came to exploit the situation.

However it happened and however plausible or implausible it is, implausible things happen in the Star Wars all the time. The crew leaves Tatioone immedetialy after the sarlacc incident and they cut away and don't revisit Tatioone or bounty hunters or Jabba again. Nothing happens that Boba Fett being alive contradicts. It's not like George Lucas made two movies that take place after Boba Fett's death, written with the understanding that he is dead, like Maul.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Riv_Shiel likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    GL is faulty too for bringing back Maul and he considered to bring back Boba Fett too, he liked the idea of Palpatine coming back in some form.

14. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Just because implausible things happen in Star Wars all the time doesn't mean everyone is going to be able to suspend disbelief for all of them. And thank you for mentioning that happens in Star Wars as if I didn't know it. o_O

I have seen various reasons all over the net trying to give backstory on how Fett survived. I read about the toxins after researching the slow death via a sarlaac's extended digestion. This is what prompted my issue with claiming that his armor is the reason he survived. I am aware of the krayt dragon and Jawa involvement according to the video I mentioned watching but for me the explanation just made it worse.

My opinion has nothing to do with Maul's resurrection specifically. It wasn't that big of a deal to me as a one time thing but recently multiple characters are coming back from very convincing fatal circumstances. Maul. Palps. Fett. There are no stakes involved if everyone can just have a convoluted explanation for survival all the time now. Where does it end? It doesn't work for me so agree to disagree.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don’t know if this is unpopular or not:

I did not like Maul’s or Boba Fett’s survival at all but I would love it if we found out that Mace Windu survived.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet one day soon it will be revealed that Mace windu lived.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    There's no story in canon that depicts the inside of a Sarlacc in the new canon so I can't speak to your research. In Empire Strikes Back, The Millenium Falcon flies into a creatures mouth, the mouth closes, they walk around the interior and fix their ship. There's no reason I'm aware of Boba Fett's circumstances were any more fatal then theirs.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  18. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    IDK Mace looked pretty dead to me.

antitoxicgamer likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I say he looked shocked. then he fell he could be damaged.

20. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    At least Space Balls is 1000 times more fun to watch than the entirety of Sequel Trilogy for me.(Space Balls also had far better-written characters and better character development even though that it was a parody movie while ST was supposed to be a serious trilogy ad failed horribly at that.)

Also Dark Helmet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kylo Ren

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  22. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    Hell if Maul can survive being cut in half and falling down a giant hole than Mace can shake off being electrocuted through a window.

23. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I love Maul's survival story and Boba surviving is fine by me. Mace showing up again would potentially be truly awesome, though.

I would expect him to have been severely injured spiritually as well as physically when he fell, completely losing faith in the principles he used to adhere to.

24. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    Mace surviving is dumb.

Because he was powerful enough to defeat Palpatine. So, they have to create a dumb reason to explain why he decided to hide from the empire instead of fighting them.

At least, Boba Fett survival kinda makes sense since it took him some time to escape from the Sarlac.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  25. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    YOU'RE dumb :p:*

Seriously, I don't think it would be convoluted to have Mace so grievously wounded and disillusioned that he spends the rest of his life hiding in some remote, desolate place, closing himself off from the Force.

christophero30 likes this.