main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    The added wampa footage might be my favorite change. It's just perfect.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  2. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    Don't know how unpopular this might be, but this actress (even character) would have been my preference for the protagonist of the Sequel Trilogy.

[​IMG]

3. mtt02263

mtt02263 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 29, 2020
    I mean I don't see much of anyone saying Luke singlehandedly saved the galaxy, he wasn't even involved with the battle at the end of ROTJ or destroying the DS2. His whole journey is about saving his father, if anything his big moment as a hero is destroying the first Death Star and that was originally intended as a one-off film, not an ongoing series of stories with Luke as the central hero who saves everything at all times. Even then he never would have accomplished it without Han. Not sure exactly what the bolded statement means.

Fel Corvax, Sith Lord 2015 and Sarge like this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love to have both sisters having bigger parts of the movie, love me some more asian actress in star wars.

5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    100% agreed.

Fel Corvax and Lulu Mars like this.
  6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Michael Giacchino, Kevin Kiner and Ludwig Göransson have all created more powerful Star Wars music than John Williams.

...from a certain point of view ;)

7. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Satine ruins Kenobi’s agency. He is Anakin’s foil, his opposite. While Anakin breaks rules, Obi keeps them. I hate when story tellers try to change what makes a character unique.

8. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I think it works for the most part because he and Satine never even got together. They're not even exes, they're would-have-beens.

9. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Well Obi-Wan did have Siri Tachi in Legends.

10. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Obi wan never seemed like the Yoda or mace type of jedi in the prequels. He seemed like in between Anakin and Yoda.

Fel Corvax likes this.
  12. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Just to add a couple of points about the added Wampa snow monster footage:

First, the design of the monster is legitimately creepy. Possibly the creepiest thing in all of Star Wars. (Certainly creepier than the original design). Secondly, the footage of the monster chewing on the tauntaun meat is gorier and bloodier than it by rights “needed” to be.

All in all, I feel Lucas doesn’t get nearly enough credit and praise for just how far he went with these added scenes.

[​IMG]

13. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    I’ve just watched the clone wars micro series all the way through for what must be the first time in over 10 years.

Im honestly surprised it still receives such great reviews among fans

I find the samurai jack animation style incredibly jarring and nothing much actually happens.

I do like how the battle of coruscant is shown in more depth. Grievous is much better in the series, Mace Windu and Saesee Tin have some cool moments but other than it’s just very ‘meh’.

People complain about Anakin being overpowered in TCW, but in the micro series he’s wondering around topless with some kind of tribal tattoo delivered by some space snails and then uses strong force powers from his mechanical stump ??

Durge does nothing, Count Dooku has apparently learned how to float and hover and Shaak Ti can miraculously run/fly faster than the speed of light

While TCW has its faults, it does a lot more in terms of character development. I mean do Palps and Anakin even interact for more than 2 minutes in this series ?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  14. Starith

Apr 5, 2020
    ^CW fan here, so yeah, pretty much disagree with all that. And CW still gets a lot of praise from fans? Seems TCW tends to hog the spotlight a lot more. I hardly see CW even talked about. But maybe that's just me.

And I personally really like the stylized art style of CW. It's the best-looking and most creative of any SW animation. I don't see many things that look like CW. I see a lot of stuff that looks like the typical 3D videogame style of TCW.

And I dunno what having tattoos and being topless or having a mechanical stump have to do with Anakin being ''overpowered''... He just uses the Force and chokes a guy; it's not really a big impressive feat. If anything I think it's the likes of Yoda and Mace Windu who get the criticisms of being OP the most in the show. Which I get. The action is stylized. But I'll take the two strongest Jedi Masters doing over-the-top Force feats over a teenage Padawan fighting and escaping the likes of Grievous and Ventress without a scratch.

I liked Durge and Dooku, and Shaak Ti was awesome. Really enjoyed her samurai-esque fighting scenes. Again, stylized action, not for everyone, I get it, but Jedi and Sith are known to levitate and be super-fast, so I don't really see the big deal there.

And I think there are a lot of good character moments and interactions in CW. Scenes between Anakin and Padmé, Anakin and Obi-Wan, Yoda and Padmé, Dooku and Ventress, and I think we have to have reasonable expectations given that it is a micro-series. Each episode is like 5 minutes or less. TCW was seven seasons of 20-min episodes.

For the short time it was given, I think CW did pretty well. I hope it gets put on Disney+ someday. It really deserves more attention.

15. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    The new Wampa footage has been criticized along with the other bad SE changes but I highly disagree. In the original the Wampa was just a face and a puppet hand. This version is so much better. I like the SE and later changes to ESB. ANH and ROTJ not so much. "Jedi Rocks" is the worst addition of the entire SEs but that's probably not an unpopular opinion.

Bee Bee, Count Yubnub and Fel Corvax like this.
  16. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Which reminds me of my possibly unpopular opinion that Obi-Wan/Siri is better than Obi-Wan/Satine.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Wasen't she a jedi, i think romance with jedi wroks better if not with other jedi, but with normal people or politicians. The jedi are not supposed to romance, and i don't think jedi have a hot line.

Fel Corvax likes this.
  18. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    She was, but it played out similar to how Satine. They decided not to actually get involved in a romantic relationship due to their Jedi duty. However, during a Clone Wars battle, Siri gets mortally wounded by a bounty hunter and Obi-Wan almost ends up killing the assassin in cold blood, but arrests him instead. Siri, like Satine, declares her love for Obi-Wan before she dies.

19. Fel Corvax

Fel Corvax Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2020
    Star wars rebels was a great tv show. Ezra was awesome, and sabine is one of the best disney star wars only characters

20. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Siri > Satine.

It probably helps that we had more sources that showed Obi-Wan and Siri over the years, while we never saw Obi-Wan and Satine's backstory. Maybe I'm biased because I read the Watson books first.

21. Starith

Apr 5, 2020
    I've noticed Siri and Tahl were pretty much the same character. And both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's Jedi-friends-turned-love-interests that both die after declaring their love... weird.

Speaking of which, I really hope they don't bring in a love interest for Obi-Wan in the Kenobi series. Just... no.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we might get some Satine flashbacks.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  23. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I personally find CW to be an achievement in how much it accomplishes in a short amount of time. Unlike TCW, we see an accurate AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan in the early stages of the war which TCW ignores because "AOTC Anakin bad." We also see a major contrast between Anakin/Obi-Wan's relationship at the start and their relationship after Anakin is knighted.

Sure, we don't see how Anakin matures (outside of montage that shows time passing), but we didn't see it in TCW either since Anakin and Obi-Wan start the show on good terms and Anakin is already mature.

Plus, I found a lot of the interactions between Anakin and Obi-Wan to he more accurate to Hayden and Ewan especially the dialogue between 10:00 and 10:40.

24. Starith

Apr 5, 2020
    Anakin Eating Bugs is a timeless treasure. Gotta love Obi-Wan's tiny smile at the end

25. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    To be honest my Anakin point was a very flippant and simplified remark so I appreciate your points!

The series does seem to be very highly revered on these boards, hence why I thought it would be an unpopular opinion but I may very well be wrong

I’m glad people enjoy it, it just does absolutely nothing for me personally

Deliveranze likes this.