main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Yeah and Chewie had cause. Lando had betrayed them all to the Empire, including Luke.

2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    They put Lando in a difficult situation, though. He had responsibilities to an entire city's worth of people. An alternate plan to prioritize Han and company from the start might've been bad news for a lot of innocent people.

3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Lando was definitely in a dilemma. I always felt bad for him.

4. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    But that's only if he loses - you just have to let him win :)

christophero30 likes this.
  5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Okay, here's an unpopular opinion: A former Sith Lord who truly repents deserves a happy ending.

6. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    How about a Sith Lord who repents, but then he is put on trial and gets life in prison for his crimes?

7. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    He still deserves a happy ending :)

Note that "deserves" ≠ "must have", though.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  8. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I agree, as long as they do something to repent e.g. doing some good in the galaxy.

CampOfSorgan, Emperor Ferus and Sarge like this.
  9. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Yes, but where there is one monster, there are likely to be greater monsters.

10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    There's always a bigger fish.

11. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    ... which means there's always a smaller fish too!! :eek:

12. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Not many Star Wars fans were willing to accept this. Some still feel the same to this day. I don't know. I guess it was easier for them to view the situation from Han, Leia and Chewie's eyes. But what bothered me about this sequence in "The Empire Strikes Back" is that neither of them had ever bothered to stop and wonder how the Empire had arrived on Bespin before them. Nor did the movie allow Lando to confront them about how their decision led the Empire to his doorstep.

Riv_Shiel and HolyKenobi93 like this.
  13. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    The Mandalorian Season 2 and The Bad Batch's cameo-of-the-week storytelling is bad and has turned me off from both shows.

14. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    I'm not sure I'd go so far to call it bad or a turn-off but I definitely have my issues with it. It hasn't bothered me as much in The Bad Batch, but in Mando Season Two I felt that having to establish a new guest character every week (each with their own side quest) really hurt the pacing, especially since it was trying for a more serialised storyline compared to the very episodic Season One. I'd be interested to know how casual/non-fans who are only invested in Din and Grogu feel about it.

15. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I'm still a fan of "The Mandalorian", but I feel that there was a good deal of fan servicing during Season 2. The season seemed to be dumping a lot of characters and former story arcs from the EU novels and "The Clone Wars" series. A lot more than it did in Season 1.

16. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    That would be my girlfriend.
    She enjoyed season 2, but she often felt like she was missing out on things when it came to all the cameos. It probably would have been better if I'd just kept my mouth shut and let her think that all these characters were new characters, but I would often point out things like, "Oh, that's Ahsoka, she's from the cartoons," or "Oh, Thrawn was made up for the novels," etc. And eventually, she did mention that she preferred season 1 since it didn't rely so much on content she wasn't familiar with.
    And she was disappointed with the ending of season 2 since it seemed to indicate that the Din/Grogu dynamic, which was her favorite part of the series, wouldn't be front and center anymore.

17. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    This is addressed in the TESB radio adaptation. Lando actually says how he had to balance helping Han with protecting his people.

18. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    Narratively, it feel like to me to be a not needed scene to have the heroes wonder how the Empire beat them to the Cloud City. I think that the beauty of the simple drama lies in the fact that the Empire got there before them and they fall into the trap, not in them or audience having to figure out how that happened. It is told to audience because we see Boba follow them, so we understand how they did it. Second point about Lando is interesting and something I never consider, but again I think that Lando accepted the risk of his activity there, because he acknowledge that Empire finding them was "always been a danger and looms like a shadow over everything we build here". If Lando was offered deal that kept him and all of the people alive on Cloud City and the Empire gone forever, then it is understandable that he went along with it at first. He just realise quickly that making deals with a devil like Darth Vader can get out of control very quickly, and always to Vader advantage.

Sarge and Kenneth Morgan like this.
  19. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    I think it's implied that Boba Fett "calculated their trajectory" and alerted the Empire once he figured out the Falcon was headed to Bespin. The Empire managed to get there first because the Falcon was traveling at sublight speed.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that, in both Legends and Newcanon, there's around a 1000 light-year gap between Hoth and Bespin, I think it's safe to say that they made small "hyperspace hops" as well, rather than remaining in subspace all the way.

CampOfSorgan and Count Yubnub like this.
  21. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Either that, or, you know, Star Wars physics.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    CampOfSorgan, Sarge and bstnsx704 like this.
  22. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    They were in a wormhole, remember? When they got out of there, they were much closer to Bespin!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They were lucky the worm didn't eat them.

CampOfSorgan and Lulu Mars like this.
  24. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    The "wormhole" took them to a parallel universe, one in which Luke and Leia were twins, and Darth Vader was their father.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Lulu Mars likes this.
  25. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Suddenly, it all makes sense.

Count Yubnub likes this.