main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Unpopular TCW Opinions

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Well it’s probably not the place for this debate, but I just view canon as the difference between “Created by George Lucas” and “Created and Executive Produced by George Lucas”.

What’s probably more apropos here is that I much prefer the Yoda arc as an ending to the series over the Siege of Mandalore.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I can understand that but mutch what we see in clone wars season 7 comes from George Lucas. Siege of Mandalore be his final story.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  3. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    But he wasn’t there for its execution, and tbh a few too many influences from the Disney era crept in for my taste. Plus it throws off my ability to fit the series comfortably between Episodes II and III on a rewatch.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No. The outlines of those arcs were discussed with him, but they were never properly developed. The little that was developed suffered many changes that he had no say on. The only stories of that season he actually supervised and approved was the Bad Batch arc, and even that had changes from what was settled at the time when he was still involved. The Yoda arc was the last finished work he was actually involved in and approved of.

5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Dave is George. Literally. They swapped bodies years ago.

6. ToughLuck32

ToughLuck32 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2023
    Dude, just stop. Please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD just effing stop.

OK.

It's time to stop (STAHP).

The fact of the matter is those arcs and the final season of The Clone Wars is still official canon and as close to what we could get to what Lucas (pre-leaving) and Filoni planned. And I'd rather that be what we should accept going forward and it's time to stop saying it's not canon, it IS canon, whether you like it or not. The other fact of the matter is the final arc of the series ended with Ahsoka, Maul, and Rex surviving The Clone Wars as Filoni and Lucas planned before retirement and before being fully realized 3 years ago (hence why Maul was gonna be the villain of George's Sequel Trilogy) and why we would have seen clones deal with being replaced with stormtroopers in his shelved live-action series (something realized in The Bad Batch). Now as far as what use Ahsoka would serve post-Clone Wars in a Lucas-involved Star Wars is a whole other story, but the point still stands.

So what? So freaking what? So what if the change of that Ahsoka Underworld arc with Nyx Okami being taken out with the Martez sisters was not well-received, even if the claims of it being done for political reasons are falsehoods?

Who cares? I mean really, who in the larger world of general people (not the land of Star Wars fans and George Lucas purists like you) cares about one man being taken out that probably would've been received with jeers like the Martez sisters would but in a different way in that Nyx would be Lux 2.0?

NO ONE.

It's not a big deal and it's not the end of the world.

As much as I like and respect George Lucas, as much as I get why Star Wars will always be something that George Lucas made, and as much as I understand that he shouldn't be forgotten about that, he shouldn't be some kind of commodity for a person's status and a method of lording arrogant opinions over everyone else to be stated like untrue facts to make it look like someone's right when they're actually wrong. That's thinking in absolutes, like the Sith, which is why Sam Witwer had to go out of his way to say on Twitch in March 2020 that some fans of Star Wars act like Sith, and he was right.

It's time to stop denying this final season of The Clone Wars isn't official canon because it IS official canon. Don't wanna accept it that way? Too bad.

Time to snap back to reality and deal with what is made on screen because that final season of The Clone Wars will be as much official canon as whatever unseen arcs of The Clone Wars are still official canon, thanks to The Bad Batch's episodes with Cad Bane and Gungi. And that's the end of this. I don't want to ever hear "it's not my canon" again. That's that. Get it? Got it? Good. Now move it, get a new life, and rethink your old life. Otherwise, your existence means nothing if you can't get over the past & move on.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, it's not. Seek help.

If you have such an aversion reaction to reading factual statements, then that's not my problem.

8. ToughLuck32

Feb 8, 2023
    You should talk because it's you who has that problem of "an aversion reaction to reading factual statements," NOT ME.

Also, don't try to use the mentally ill card on me, because I go to therapy and guess what, I am medically and mentally stable. Such an indecent ungrateful thing to claim one is mentally unstable and ill. Just who in the actual H-E-double hockey stick do you think you are to tell people who is mentally ill and who is mentally stable? How shameful. Pathetic.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  10. ToughLuck32

Feb 8, 2023
    Mod EDIT: Yeah, bye bye

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2023
  11. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    @Alexrd you should know better than to state facts in an opinion thread.

Seriously though I was the one with the opinion in question, and I posted it in “unpopular opinions” for a reason. Mercifully, the limits of free will in this world do extend to whether or not one decides to accept the official canon of a fictional franchise.

The Shadow Emperor and Alexrd like this.
  12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The irony is, of course, that my post didn't mention the word "canon" once.

13. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    No, that was me and I should have really been the target of that tirade. Of course there’s also the irony that he also said he doesn’t consider the sequel trilogy canon, but I digress.

14. When i was a Teenager and i saw the Resurrection of Darth Maul in TCW for the first time i believed that TCW was part of the EU or "the Extended Universe" and that it was not Canon to the Movies or that TCW was an Alternate Universe or a different Reality thats how strange the Resurrection of Darth Maul was for me after believing that TCW was EU or a different Universe i always wanted Rahm Kota to appear in some Episode

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2023
    DurararaFTW likes this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    James Arnold Taylor (Tidus from FFX, LOL) isn't a great Kenobi. I just don't hear it and it feels forced/phoned in.

Watcherwithin, Count Yubnub and Sarge like this.
  16. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I don’t think he’s bad, although in general the animated versions of the movie characters in TCW sound like animated versions of the characters to me, which does break my suspension of disbelief just a little bit.

17. The first Two Seasons should have started with Anakin still being Obi Wan Padawan
    Ahsoka should have been the Togruta Girl Ashla from Episode 2 at least that would have made a connection to Ahsoka with the 6 Original Movies

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2023
    DurararaFTW likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now that is an opinion opinion if I have ever heard one

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. I don’t like James Arnold Taylor in general.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s funny whenever I hear him talk I think of Johnny Tess and we’ll um. That’s not a good thing. I like the dude. He seems nice in interviews. Just not Johnny…

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I like James Arnold Taylor in general. As a professional and as Obi-Wan's voice actor.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I think James Arnold Taylor does OK in sounding like Ewan McGregor, but yeah, sometimes TCW Obi-Wan does come off as too... uppity. But that's probably more to do with how he's written and directed. I think Taylor gives a better, more subtle performance in the micro-series.

But then everything is better in the micro-series. (Unpopular opinion?)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    CampOfSorgan likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Dee Bradley Baker’s early clone work in TCW is not the best. It’s not the worst either, but I get the feeling he was trying to go for an Australian accent as he couldn’t do a Kiwi which is fine, but sometimes it loops around the ocean and becomes an Irish accent in the very early episodes. And I don’t think that was intentional.

also Ahsoka isn’t that annoying in early TCW episodes.

that’s my two unpopular opinions so far from my rewatch.

24. TCW Anakin dont act like Hayden Christensen Anakin i cant imagine Hayden Christensen doing various scenes of TCW Show TCW Anakin has more Charisma than Hayden Anakin and it seems that TCW wanted to make their own Version of Anakin instead of Expanding Hayden Prequels Movies Version of Anakin maybe because Matt Lanter dont sound like Hayden Christensen Mat Lucas sounded more like Hayden in Tartakovsky Clone Wars Show Anakin in Tartakovsky Clone Wars Show felt more like Hayden Anakin to me

I like TCW i think it was a Good Show but Anakin having a Padawan during the Clone Wars contradicts Vader line in ANH "When i left you i was but the learner now i am the master" the Kenobi Show also contradicted that line and in the EU or Legends Universe Anakin as Darth Vader had other Apprentices but Anakin as a Jedi having a Padawan i think contradicts more that line of Vader during ANH

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2023
  25. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I liked Taylor quite well. But he's not Alec Guiness or Ewan McGregor. Personally, I think Taylor does a good imitation of McGregor, but that's all it is. Matt Lanter is doing something different than Hayden, and both are great. Similarly, the way you guys feel about Taylor is the way I felt about the guy who voiced Yoda. He did okay, but some episode performances are better than others for him.

I honestly never found Ahsoka annoying in early episodes. I thought she was under-clothed, though. Especially for a teen. I'm glad she got more clothes later on. That was a weird intro.

I do like Dee Bradley Baker in general, especially in later episodes. But I do agree with Jedi Knight Fett. His early work was not his best. It's not terrible, but he got better with time.