main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels (or any show vs any other show) bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Live Action Untitled Live Action Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Ancient Whills, May 14, 2019.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 5

Jun 12, 2011
    From a Q&A session with Bob Iger during the 6th Annual MoffettNathanson Media & Communications Summit.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014
    Live action Ahsoka and Sabine adventures? o_O

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 5

Jun 12, 2011
    Could be that or another origin story.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Something Solo related if I had to guess. Solo doesn't necessarily have to be the main character, but it could continue the storyline with Maul, Qi'ra, Crimson Dawn, Lando, Solo etc. Introduce Jabba into Han's life, etc.

Other than that, I think the next safe bet is a Kenobi mini-series.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films star 7 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's obviously Kenobi. Or at least that's what I tell myself as I weep at night over what might have been. :p

6. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2014
    Please please let it be Qi'ra and Maul! I have Solo going on in the background while I am working today and I just really really want to see Emilia Clarke again in the Star Wars universe. I forgot how much I like the Solo movie.

7. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
    Definitely feels like Obi-Wan. Too much smoke not to be any fire.

As for Solo characters, they could easily appear in the Cassian Andor series, which apparently takes place well before Rogue One -- Diego Luna mentioned being "de-aged" for it. Working with Crimson Dawn/Maul would certainly qualify as "terrible things" Cassian did in the long-term interest of the Rebellion.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Deliveranze and DarthRosie like this.
  8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Obiwan miniseries

Or a series about a Jedi duo of new characters. Preferably old republic era. Though if they want to stick close to films, we could have a live action series that begins close to the start of the Clone Wars.

The 3rd live action series should be jedi focused since the other two are not.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    ThisIsMe1138 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    As much as I hate to admit it I don't see the next series being Kenobi. I think these are full multi-season shows they're planning and I just don't think Kenobi fits that model. I think it'll either be Solo or Lando or Qi'ra/Maul or some combination.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    As I've said before, you've got two "One man against the Galaxy" series now.

Got to mix up the formula a bit.

11. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2017
    Better be Kenobi.

Mando and Cassian for ongoing shows, Kenobi for a mini. And then another mini about something different. Kinda like the films they were going to do, but obviously not Fett (which is fine by me).

12. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2019
    Would love it to be Kenobi or at the very least have him make an appearance in it at some point. Ewan McGregor is at the perfect age to reprise the role.

13. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 21, 2015
    STAR WARS: UNDERWORLD.........yeeesssss!!!!!!!

Darth Smurf and indydefense like this.
  14. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, tend to lean toward this being Obi-Wan too, it'd make all the sense in the world to strike while Ewan's around the age he is now, nice middle ground between prequels-Obi and Alec-Obi.

But hey, a Solo/gangster-war ensemble featuring Solo thing would be right up my alley too, and the clock's kinda ticking on Alden reaching ANH Harrison's age, so if you're going to let us see Alden-Solo again it's probably better sooner rather than later.

15. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Doesn't matter whether this is Solo/ Kenobi/ Maul etc, as long as we all subscribe to Disney + and watch the **** out of Mandalorion and Cassian Andor we'll eventually get plenty tv series to go around

Demon4x4 likes this.
  16. Django Fett

Django Fett Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Ewoks: The Adventure Continues

GunganSlayer and indydefense like this.
  17. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
    Another possibility: Rian's trilogy has become a live-action series instead.

My money's still on Obi-Wan, but I can think of several movie ideas that could be retooled into a series. Heck, that's what seems to be happening with the Obi-Wan project.

18. Django Fett

Django Fett Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It has to be, it really, really has to be...
    [​IMG]
    :p

19. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 2, 2019
    [​IMG]

Darth Smurf likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    We have a series set in the OT era and one post ROTJ so it'd be nice to see one set close to the PT era. Maybe just before TPM or something.

21. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Wonder if TCW gets good viewership, Disney greenlights a Disney + exclusive animated series with a budget similar to TCW's at it's peak.

22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It is Disney after all.
    A lighter series for kids would be fine.

23. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Nope! Not listening! I am sticking with a Kenobi Mini-Series. [face_talk_hand] [face_not_talking]

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    It really needs to be set sometime pre galactic empire.

We have gotten plenty of content so far (upcoming included) film/tv wise that deals in fighting the empire and it’s later remanents.

Darkslayer and black_saber like this.
  25. black_saber

black_saber Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Eventually We will get a 4th, and maybe a 20th or 100th live action show with multiple seasons each. ^:)^:eek: