main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unused Concepts You Would Like To See Revisited

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by bstnsx704, Feb 14, 2021.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder how much Lucas thought about what Coruscant was like in betwern ROTS and ANH and during the Original Trilogy, and how much Lucas thought about the politics of the Empire. I want to see what life was like for the average Imperial citizen.

2. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    A lot, I would imagine, given that it would have been a focal point of Star Wars: Underworld.

Lulu Mars and darklordoftech like this.
  3. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If I recall correctly, an early idea behind Saw Garrera's missing limbs in Rogue One was due of a fight with Vader. I don't think it was ever filmed, but I'd love to see THAT encounter.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I would pay good money for a book with all the finished Underworld scripts as-is, illustrated with concept art.

5. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    This, please.

And if they are feeling especially generous, then throw in material from the unmade The Clone Wars arcs and whatever exists from Lucas' Sequel Trilogy treatments as well, as a treat.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yeah, I'd rather have whatever content the way he left them than so-called "adaptations", that invariably change, reinterpret (or misinterpret) the original intent.

wobbits and Valiowk like this.
  7. Palpatine not being a Sith Lord Obi Wan and Owen being brothers
    The Clone Wars being a war against Clones
    Old Republic era and Sequel Trilogy era from George Lucas
    Star Wars underworld

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2021
    Duke Vadewalker likes this.
  8. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm repeating it again. cos it's so good and makes the story work. Palpatine creating Anakin.
    oh and the Whills and R2 telling the story in a galaxy far far away

9. Duke Vadewalker

Duke Vadewalker Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2016
    This! This bit, right here!

Sarge likes this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's what I always assumed until the PT came out. I figured the evil cloners would capture Republic soldiers, heroes, and Jedi, clone them, and send the clones against the heroes.

11. Duke Vadewalker

Mar 5, 2016
    You've got it similar to my thoughts on the subject (which admittedly have evolved over the years):

I've always thought that EpI would have been better off introducing a clone threat using non-human templates, perhaps of some of the races later considered "scum and villainy" by the OT. The corresponding member worlds in the Republic would have been contentious, but not seditious, but mass pirate raids and invasions of neighbouring worlds by mysterious armies using templates from their races - such as Nikto, Quarren, Ubese and Mandalorians - would have sown seeds of distrust and the foundation of largely pro-human, anti-alien sentiment both in the Republic's government and already ineffectual military. In the latter, it could have even depleted their ranks further, as non-humans left to escape xenophobic abuse. Eventually we might see those worlds outcast or seceding from the Republic willingly, and subsequent infighting arise, fracturing the Republic further.

All this of course causes the Republic to rapidly develop their own clones to combat the widespread unrest; forced to use reprogrammed, human Mandalorian clones as templates, after the others encountered are conveniently "unsalvageable" (read: sabotaged) at the end of EpI... Now here come the invariably human "good clones" to save the galaxy in Episode II...

Meanwhile, cloning corrupted versions of the Jedi would not only allow infiltration of their offworld ranks, and undermine their standing among those who were even aware of the Jedi's existence, but would also begin sowing seeds of paranoia, distrust, and self-doubt among the real Jedi - not to mention the early beginnings of the Jedi purge as dark clones assassinate their real versions... For all we know, having a dark clone of oneself could even cause psychological problems for a Force user too, or on a wider scale it could even impede their collective ability to access the Force properly. Plus, who better to start off an Imperial Inquisitorious, than ready-made dark Jedi? :D

All just IMO, of course - but I'd rather see the mysteries, plot twists, and outright chilling possibilities of this over the prequels we got.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Oh yeah, the part I bolded is exactly what I would have written. Vader's fall to the dark side would have been hidden from the Jedi, he'd be killing them off and either blame a clone, or claim that he was killing clones. Eventually Obi-wan catches on and confronts him, then comes the duel and the volcano.

13. Duke Vadewalker

Mar 5, 2016
    I think I'd more likely have the darkside clones be a causative factor in Anakin's turning, either from the trauma of having to face his own clone (foreshadowing what he'll become, as well as Luke's later cave trial), or -perhaps worse- having to fight and kill the clones of those he loves and trusts...

Sarge likes this.
  14. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I like the way the Clone Wars turned out, but that could have been really cool! The Republic's enemies could have used them as imposters for infiltration and there could have been scenes of characters struggling to kill cloned evil versions of people they love (similar to what happens in zombie movies) or even characters fighting cloned versions of themselves.

Duke Vadewalker and Sarge like this.
  15. Duke Vadewalker

Mar 5, 2016
    This is exactly what I'm saying! The emotional impact to the characters - and thus to the audience - would have been immense... A wasted opportunity, IMHO.

Sarge and Reepicheep775 like this.