main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Upcoming canonization of Legends characters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Jan 28, 2018.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Is it possible that the Inquisitors could end up destroying most of the leadership of Maul's syndicate, therefore leaving him to continue with his plans by himself up until Rebels?

If so, it would be ironic that Black Sun would benefit since in Legends, Maul dealt a blow to its leadership pre-Phantom Menace.

kalzeth and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  2. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Id love to see xizor in charge of black sun. I can wish can't i?

How leia got the boushh costume has already changed

kalzeth likes this.
  3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I'd probably suggest Vader in place of the Inquistors, but otherwise yeah I think that's very likely what's going to happen with the whole thing.

kalzeth and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  4. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I saw Solo at the drive-in, and some parts were hard to see/hear with a carload of kids, but.....

was that a Falleen we see talking to Han and Beckett talk to right after getting on Dryden Vos's ship? With the myriad underworld references in this movie, and especially in these scenes, might this actually be foreshadowing to see Xixor later?

5. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I'm not sure. It didn't look like one to me. I would've love to see more Easter eggs like that

6. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't know what the spoiler rules are at this point but
    my absolute favorite bit of EU in Solo is the Dancing Goddess being part of Vos's collection. So glad I did that Marvel readthrough.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The movie is ruined for me now.

Sinrebirth , Revanfan1 and CooperTFN like this.
  8. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Speaking of Marvel...

Going into Solo, Val was the new character I was most looking forward to learning about and seeing in action. Back when we had nothing on Val (not even her name) besides one brief shot in a teaser, several of us wondered if the character could be Katya M'Buele, or a nod to her. And let me tell you how eternally bummed out I am that sooo little was ever done with Katya!! Created so early in the EU and with so much adventure and intrigue that could have been developed out of the bit of her backstory with Han we got. Dead in the issue she was introduced in, and now Val dead in Solo. So... please let Val's character thrive in future pre-Solo/tie-in material. Maybe the upcoming Beckett one-shot?

9. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Why? Black Sun is still out there. Xizor could be introduced in the Fett movie as its boss.

kalzeth and PCCViking like this.
  10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    apparently, Exar Kun and his obsidian temple are now canon as per the Art of Solo Supplementary Guide.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  11. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Are the "Art of..." books canon though? I thought they are behind the scenes material, nothing more.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Other than the tv shows and he films, I don't know what is and isn't canon these days. It should be. It's an official book, published well after the reset, which explains/expands upon what is seen in the film.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    kalzeth and Shadowrain10 like this.
  13. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    It's an official book all right, but one containing concept art. This Exar Kun association is nothing more than authorial intent until it's mentioned in a story or an IU reference book.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Exar Kun *waving hand*: You will make me canon.
    Lucasfilms: We will make you canon.

:p

16. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Yub, exactly what I said.

Revanfan1, AV-6R7, jSarek and 2 others like this.
  17. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I'll confess, I got more excited than I thought I would at the notion of Exar being canon.

kalzeth and DarthHass like this.
  18. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  19. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Didn't know about the last one. Well, I guess we're done now! (Although he didn't mention Amaiza!)

20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    The canon vs non canon is nonsensical sometimes. So basically, we currently have something that is a straight-up lie in an officially released book, meant for the enjoyment of fans, that says "this is this" about the film. Nice. Why allow such boisterous claims about the GFFA universe in BTS content? That seems like it would only make their job harder.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    kalzeth and revan772 like this.
  21. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    If you're talking about the Exar Kun thing, it's not a "straight-up lie." It's the description of a piece of concept art, i.e. something the concept artist had in mind when he/she created the drawing. The Art of... books are strictly out-of-universe.

22. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    They're not books about the Star Wars universe. They're books about the real world, and the real world people and ideas behind the film. Not all of the ideas end up in screen. They're not lies, they're roads not taken. It's not wrong or dishonest of them to show us these unused concepts, especially in a book which follows the creation of a film, which is not a clean and linear process.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

23. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    It seems absurd to me that an explanation would be necessary that a book of concept art isn't canon. It's concept art. By definition, it's art meant to develop concepts and visuals from rough idea to final form. It's like expecting the publication of a rough draft of the movie's screenplay to be canon.

24. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    The Making of Star Wars book I have has pictures of a female "Luke Skywalker" and a Swamp Thing-lookin' Han Solo. STRAIGHT-UP LIES!

25. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I completely missed this in the movie itself and thought it was just a throwaway line in the visual guide, but oh no, it is there. We get a number of closeup views in this video starting at about 2:02. Seriously, how awesome is that??

CooperTFN likes this.