main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Upcoming movies

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Nyder, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Movies that should be released this week (according to IMDB) in Australia are:

A History of Violence
    Aeon Flux
    Hostel

Aeon Flux is a sci-fi based on an anime. A History of Violence is action and is based on a graphic novel. It's being directed by David Cronenberg and is supposed to be pretty violent. Hostel is directed by Eli Roth who did Cabin Fever and it is a horror flick that is also supposed be very violent and gory. In fact I checked the classification and it got an R rating.

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Nup. Not interested in any of them.

3. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Aeon Flux I wouldn't mind going to see...
    I just hope it's not another Elektra.

A History of Violence sounds interesting too.
    I like to go, anywhere Viggo.8-}

4. EnempE

EnempE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2005
    Did anyone else see the cartoon version of Aeon Flux?

It was wierd but good.

btw. what is with 1 post per minute?

Advertising not funding server resources?

5. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Very much watched Aeon Flux on SBS late Friday or Saturday nights ( after eat carpet I think). I watched it sporadically so can't really remember too much about it. One of those series I always meant to watch from beginning to end but never did.

It was one of the first animated shows I saw that made me want to draw like that, so I am actually looking forward to seeing it, just to understand more of the story. And come on guys.. Charlize is in it in tight stuff! Have to see it. ( although Catwoman and Elektra both had the tight clothes thing and did it save them??)

Ah we're a cynical bunch.

6. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    The Aeon Flux series was great! So many cool ideas that were way ahead of their time - most people (including me) just didn't get it and the movie is apparently the same mind-***k rollercoaster.

7. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    There is only one film I can't wait to see....

V FOR VENDETTA

March 30.... Bring it on! :D

8. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to it too, despite knowing nothing except that it involves the Wachowskis and Natalie Portman doing her best Vinnie Jones impersonation.

I'd also like to see A History of Violence, which I also know nothing about, but a reliable source* says it's excellent.

*At a pub.

9. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I'm actually mostly looking forward to Silent Hill. The production stills look fanwankeriffic.

10. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    How about Ultraviolet? It looks like it has some of the same B Grade issues that Equilibrium had (same Director) but just like said movie it seems to have some cool ideas.

11. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    I'd like to see aeon flux, if only coz it looks so visually appealing with all the stunts and the costumes, and chalize theron of course!

The others don't really appeal to me, especially hostel. I'm not really one for mindless horror and gore unless it's something special. Like doom. That was good. But it also had some fantastic eye candy there. Give me a good action/sci-fi flick any day!

12. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Just looked up Aeon Flux. Doesn't start til March 16th :(

I was trying to find a movie to maybe go see tomorrow ( cheap Tuesday) night, but really only want to see Memories of a Geisha and Brokeback Mountain, and the times aren't real nice for those. Well these are movies I know I should see for their cinematic appeal, really I'd probably just go see Narnia again ;)

I personally don't understand the enjoyment of a movie like Hostel. WHY see something like that?

I think I'll wait for Aeon for my next movie fix.

Anyone else been of late?

I know some of you are into Walk the Line..another I should MAKe myself go see ( but Momma's house 2 is on! ) [ I really am kidding there ]

13. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    I almost convinced myself to go see Date Movie...
    then I gave myself an uppercut, and everything was fine again.[face_beatup]

14. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    29 days to go, Tee hee :D

15. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    This might need to go into a different thread as neither movie is anywhere near release though they are both being made as we speak (and I'm not talking about the HALO movie);

Avatar and Battle Angel: Alita - both are being developed by James Cameron and both are currently in pre-production waiting on whichever he decides to move ahead with first.

I think Battle Angel would make a great movie (or trilogy as he's planning) but after reading the scriptment for Avatar, I have to say that this movie needs to be done first - Wow!

For those who want to know more: Avatar is set on an alien world where the human colonists use specially created remote 'avatars' based on the indiginous humanoids of the planet (the Na'vi). These allow them to safely explore the planet while their actual body stays safely at base.

One of the humans falls in love with a Na'vi and helps them fight off the colonists who as it becomes apparent are just harvesting the natural resources of the planet. Many technology versus giant creature epic battles ensue.

Good stuff! :D

16. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Also, Superman Returns should be pretty good but I'm not so sure about X-Men 3... I really want to like it but some of the things I've heard about the story just plain worry me.

17. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Well I haven't heard anything about X3 but from I see of the trailer it doesn't look that bad. Still, you know how misleading a trailer can be ;)

And I so did not know that Battle Angel Alita was being done, three words.... Oh my God! :eek:

18. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    www.nacholibre.com
    Nacho Libre!

From Jared Hess, director of Napoleon Dynamite.

the trailer rocks and seems to have the same awkward NP style.

19. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Yeah, James Cameron has been working on it for a while and it's all set to start filming. Alita (the character) will be entirely CG and it will probably be the first movie to use the Fusion camera that creates Stereo-Optics. This is kinda like 3D but not the gimmicky 'shove a spear at the camera' 3D that we've all seen. More like when you watch it, the environments all seem 3D.

Apparently older movies such as T2, the Indiana Jones films and the Star Wars films are being transferred into Stereo Optic veiwable media too.

20. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Hasn't Battle Angel Alita been pushed back indefinitely? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere...

21. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    There was talk of a live action/Cg transformers movie that would be Spielberg produced/Michael Bay directed.

I don't know why Spielberg would want to be in the same room as Michael Bay, but anyhoo...

22. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Transformers is still in Pre-Production with both Robert Zemekis and Bay considering the Directing job.

Battle Angel was delayed but is now back up and running. But as I mentioned, Cameron is still undecided as to which will be made first out of Battle Angel and Avatar. Irregardless, the two will be filmed back to back.

23. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You've been rare around there parts, Johnnage. WA can't be that interesting... :confused:

I'm still in that "oh-cool-but-please-don't-screw-it-up" frame of mind with Transformers.

24. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    The Dark Crystal 2 should also be pretty cool and a trip down memory lane (even if a freaky, scary trip) for alot of folk here.

It's being Directed by the same guy that gave Star Wars life again with the Clone Wars series - check out the link for a cool pic of Queen Kira.

25. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Both of those Cameron films look great, I hope they actually get made. The next movie on my list is Match Point (out now). It looks fantastic, and with Woody Allen directing Scarlett Johannsen, how could you go wrong??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.