main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Upcoming movies

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Nyder, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy) is now officially attached to direct a movie version of BioShock!

Decent Director, great story - there;s still hope for game fans everywhere that a good movie can be made from a video game.

AICN Article.

2. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Interesting news. Can't say I'm not excited, though I honestly would prefer a System Shock movie.

Still, if done right, great horror movie.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

3. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    According to GameSpot, they're trying to go for a US 'R' rating which is great news again. If Gore Verbinski can capture that creepiness of the original Ring again, I'll be happy.

4. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    This post is more for me than anything else. I'm attempting to remember all the big movies coming out in the next little while that I REALLY want to see, and put them in some sort of order :)

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    Prince Caspian
    Sex and the City
    Wall E
    Batman

Man there was about 2 others I'm sure. Someone think for me......

Edit..Oh and Star Wars of course. We're mentioning that aren't we? I mean, we can mention it..? [face_worried]

Ooh forgot X files! ( Speed Racer too, but not sure I'm thrilled about that one..something about John GOodman in a movie reminds me of the Flintstone flops)

5. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Okay, so does NO ONE want to see Sex and the City with me. Can't believe I don't know anyone who wants to see it with me who's a fan? Keep asking friends..no I don't like it, don't watch it, "are you joking?".

Anyone up for this next weekend. Not this one, next one. And Narnia. Hell, lets spend next Saturday at the movies. I'm up for it!

6. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    The weekend beginning the 7th? Won't be available - otherwise I'd definitely be interested in Prince Caspian, though fair to say I don't think I could sit through Sex and the City. [face_thinking] Sorry K.

7. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    I am very much looking forward to Kung Fu Panda...
    [face_laugh]SkaDoosh!!![face_laugh]

8. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    With respect to Kahlan, I must say I'm slightly relieved not everyone with double X chromosomes worships Sex and the City. Sometimes its influence terrifies me.

Two-Face in motion, courtesy of the Joker.

Get Smart is out the Thursday after next. Who's interested?

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I feel like I should be offended by that.... not though. :)

Two of the main themes through Sex and the City is that real love is worth waiting for and hoping for, and close friends are a gorgeous part of life. I think that's a good influence. ANYWAY... I could go on about the effects of Futurama on XY's..but shan't ;)

Get Smart..I really want to give it a go. I do like Steve Carrell and think it'll be worth the ticket price so, yeah, wouldn't mind!

10. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Sex in the City is to women what Fight Club is to men; there's a deeper message present, but most people focus on the superficial aspects over it.

That's my Broad Generalisation for the week, however in response to HBs question, I would love to see Get Smart for the obvious reasons.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

11. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    There's a deeper message in Fight Club?:confused:

12. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Ye of little faith.

I'm highly nervous about Get Smart, because the trailers have been really quite bad. But Mel Brooks is on record as thinking it's very good, so that's something. I do want to see it, but I'm thinking I might wait to hear where I should be leveling my expectations.

13. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm not hoping for anything above "pleasantly decent...ish" status.
    By the way, ignore any previous suggestions that I'd be willing to see this Thursday. Turns out I'm out of town until the end of the week.

14. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
  15. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Thanks Luke, yup, that was it.

Awesome.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Quantum of Solace teaser.

Great teaser, a really excellent execution of the artform of the movie trailer. Highly looking forward to this movie.

17. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Courtesy of my Fairy Godmother...

"USA TODAY reports that Rose McGowan (CHARMED) will be slipping into that famous metal mesh bikini and bringing RED SONJA back to the big screen. Director Robert Rodriguez (GRINDHOUSE), who is hoping to create a franchise around the flame-haired swordswoman, will produce with longtime Rodriguez assistant Douglas Aarniokoski directing.

The new RED SONJA film will be an origin story that will focus on the ?she-devil with a sword,? the Marvel comic book character created by Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith in 1973. The comic book Red Sonja is a contemporary of author Robert E. Howard's Conan the Barbarian, while Howard?s Red Sonya (note the spelling difference) was a pistol-packing pirate lass. Earlier this year, Paradox Entertainment and Red Sonja, LLC settled their legal dispute over the character, thus clearing the way for another film starring the comics-based Red Sonja. But even though the movie will be using the more recent Red Sonja character, Rodriguez did acknowledge Howard?s superb storytelling gifts, and told USA TODAY that his goal on the film was ?to spin a good yarn and entertain.?

Brigitte Nielsen portrayed the savage character in the poorly-received 1985 RED SONJA film that also starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Conan-like Prince Kalidor. While McGowan lacks the Amazonian voluptuousness of Nielsen in the 1985 film, she does have a fiery personality and is working with a personal trainer to prepare for the role.

The new RED SONJA film is tentatively scheduled for a 2010 release. The big screen revival of the character is good news for Dynamite Comics. Dynamite began publishing its RED SONJA comic book in 2005, and the series has been one of Dynamite?s most successful (and long running) efforts."

Can I get a "Hell yeah!"?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I'm conflicted between the awesomeness and my general loathing of metal bikinis. Still, Rose McGowan does equal win, and if Red Sonja is good enough for Wendy Pini, she's good enough for me.

Hell Yeah? Okay. :)

19. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Oh yay - the Repo! A Genetic Opera site updated with a release date :)

It's set to appear in theatres 7 November 2008. I imagine that's just in America, but still - a date is a date.

Soundtrack to be released 30 September 2008. I can't wait..! [face_dancing]

edit: Oh, and there's a new trailer up as well :) you can see it at the official site, or you could view a low quality version on youtube.

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
  21. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    I'll see you Terminator and raise you a Watchman.

22. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Totally can't wait to get home to check these out. Word on Da Streetz is that the Watchmen trailer is really cool.

Oh, and pet peeve for the day? Movie websites who insist on thinking that the title is The Watchmen. Minor annoyance I know, but you know how it is.

23. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Well my jaw hit the floor.

Most surprising thing, Doctor Manhattan is beautiful.

Rorschach's voice isn't as creepy as I thought it'd be.

Good teaser.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

24. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    It's not really a secret that I wasn't totally blown-away by the Watchmen book like I was supposed to be but I have to say, that's one of the best trailers I have ever seen. :D

And now I can associate a great Smashing Pumpkins song with great Watchmen imagery instead of the bile that was Batman and Robin.

The new Terminator looks good too... I may be alone, but I actually think McG can pull this off.

25. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Oh wow. Watchmen trailer is shiny shiny :D

So the song in the trailer is Smashing Pumpkins?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.