main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

update alerts

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by CarolynNC, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    2 coupons for Bai Ling?! [face_laugh] Pablo Hidlago said that her part is really,really small in ROTS. That's wierd because you can get Biggs's autograph for 1 coupon,but some smaller actors for 2. :p

2. Dark_Elling

Dark_Elling Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    I agree. The same can be said for Matt Wood. I realize he does a little more for Star Wars than the voice for GG but on the autograph scene is is Joe nobody. No offense Matt.

3. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Ya think? Is he not good with fans? Does he have a bad reputation in the fan community? I've never been to a Con where he attended, so I don't know.

Oh, heavens, no--Mark is a sweetheart, I can testify to that personally. ;) It's the fans who sometimes don't cooperate, or just plain bad programming. It all started with Dragon*Con about a decade ago or so, when the line for Mark's autographs wasn't given a proper cutoff, I believe. After a loooong day of signing he finally asked for a bathroom break and pandemonium broke out. It was quite a disaster and very unfair. Stuff like this doesn't always happen, but it's scary and it leaves a bad memory.

Celebrations usually go well (um, relatively, considering the complaints about the last two :p) but I honestly don't blame him for not showing up. You never know what might happen.

And besides, he's a busy guy--for all we know he probably has other stuff to do around that time.

4. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    damn......didn't know they were doing it like that!

I was thinking about getting Ralph's autograph since he's a rare one to get but now i don't know.

5. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
  6. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
  7. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Your links aren't working.

8. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Actually, they do work. The official site has been having some issues today, so it is down for some people. But the links do work, and will work for you when the site comes back up.

Damn, they really want me to spend a lot of money on autographs, don't they?

Thankfully, most of the ones I want that I don't already have are only one coupon each.

9. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Yeah, I just went to the site and it was down for me. What's the update on the party?

10. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Sorry for the link problems. I always check the link before I post.

This update is about autograph & panel guests. The party was announced last night. I just checked and there appears to still be tickets.

11. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
  12. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    from officialpix

We have about four more names pending and hope to announce them soon. Many, many of our customers have written requesting dozens of names.

As of 3/10/05, the following headline guests that we regularly work with can not attend due to schedule conflicts: Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, James Earl Jones, Samuel L Jackson, and Christopher Lee. If their schedules open, rest assured we will do everything we can to get them to the show!

Right now we are at an unprecedented 39 guests, and will top 40 by the end of the week. We hope all STAR WARS fans will have an opportunity to visit Celebration III and meet this incredible lineup!

I wonder how LFL feels about them releasing this info before they have a chance to make the announcements.

13. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    "As of 3/10/05, the following headline guests that we regularly work with can not attend due to schedule conflicts: Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, James Earl Jones, Samuel L Jackson, and Christopher Lee. "

Noooooooooo!

crap in a hat! - I was really hoping to meet some of these "big" stars at CIII.

Any speculation at the remaining names to be announced?

14. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Dang it! Mark Hamill was the ONE for me . . .oh well, what can ya do?

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's a bit sad that none of those big stars can come to this.

16. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Official Pix/C2 Ventures seem to have these actors in their autograph stable...there's some hope that they'll be added to the list, along with more Ep3 characters who may or may not autograph....

Billy Dee Williams (Lando)
    Dermot Crowley (Madine)
    Bonnie Pies (Beru)
    Jake Lloyd (Anakin)
    Matt Sloan (Plo Koon)
    Mercedes Ngoh (Rystall)
    Temeura Morrison (Jango)

One can hope I guess.

17. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Being the optimist that I am, I'm going to interpret this statement to mean they will not be available to sign autographs. I'm still going to hold out hope that some will be able to make an appearance for a panel.

Now if we all clap real loud I'm sure we'll get good news...oh wait, I think that might only work with Tinkerbell. Anyway, hold good thoughts. All is not lost. :D

18. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Billy Dee and Bonne Pies are the ones I care for in that list.

But to be honost, for the most part I'm not impressed with who they've gotten to come to the convention to do autographs. Most of the people seem to be ones hwo had a 30 second role somewhere in a film, or just stand there.

19. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I'm with you Errant - and almost all of them come to FX in Florida so I have the majority of their autographs already.

I'm disappointed that Mark Hamill will not be there but I am not going to let it ruin my GREAT time!

20. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    You notice that it is 6 of the biggest and most popular stars in the Star Wars Saga that will not be there. That is really sad, considering that there will be stars "spanning the Star Wars Saga". Yeah, right! Man, I would have loved to get Sam's auto! He is one bad Mother.... Jedi!!!

Question, has Sam Jackson even shown up to any of the Celebrations? How about Christipher Lee?? If not, that is really too bad for the fans. These are some of the most popular characters!! I do hope that any of them will still show up. May the Force Be With Us!

21. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Cool. Maybe some of you guys will stay home and the lines will be shorter!

22. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    I didn't mean for my last post to come off as being negative. I just thought it would have been cool to meet some of the bigger stars from the Saga!

23. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    But if they came just to see one of them means 1 day shot.

24. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
  25. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Jake Lloyd eh?

Well, the interesting thing is he doesn't seem to be officially signing autographs, and he's not on the offialpix website, so I don't think he's one of the 5 remaining celebs they talked about. That's cool - more to come!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.