main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Update: sith chick!! ;)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Duke-Dogwalker, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    i liked ur Viqi pic too! it was cute!

hehe :) but alrightie.

hey do you read other fanfictions? if so which are you most interested in? NJO?

2. Duke-Dogwalker

Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Hey, you're back - so am I (briefly..!)

I have to say I like NJO best - prequel stuff doesn't really light my fire so much... I'm more a fan of the old guys (Han, Luke etc...) and NJO's about their kids...

I'm some way through JK_Dart's 'Darkness Shaped' - it's about something that would always have been interesting to see - what if the Vongies had finished their job of shaping tahiri...? It was JK who suggested my double image for the tahiri pic on my site.

3. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    oo cool do you have the link to that storie??? (well that's one way to spell story*)

4. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    that is one way indeed... kjghghff, is another of my personal favourites. :D

here ya go:

DarknessShaped

5. Smashball_Jockey

Smashball_Jockey Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2002
    I rarely visit the Fan Art forum - glad I finally did. I've been searching for some good NJO art for a long time.

You've done a great job on all of the pieces! But oh my God...Ganner!

I know this conversation will be a little late, but am gay, and I prefer guys to look like that! You did an awesome job! He's totally the sexy Ganner I saw when I read the novels! Kudos!

Keep up the great work!

-Jockey

6. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    hey Jockey, I'm glad Ganner's proving to be so popular!

gorgeousness was probably top of my priorities list when drawing him! I'm not sure there are too many other fit blokes in the NJO for you to look forward to - but i should get around to doing ganner's last stand at some point... And of course, when fighting off wave after wave of vong, casting one's shirt aside is essential - as an aid to freedom of movement you understand. ;)

And thanks to Amithyst's request, I've got an adition to the eye-candy department coming up, in the form of ms. J Solo in THAT dress... But then i suppose that wouldn't interest you too much! :D

7. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    coming soon to dukedogwalker.com.......

Talon Karrde and Shada Dukal!

[image=http://dukdog.freeservers.com/sk_shad_ka.jpg]

8. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I like the Karrde and Shada image...

Shada looks great - I can't wait to see her in color.

Karrde, on the other hand, is not quite how I have pictured him in the past. Personally, Dark Horse's "The Last Command" comic book has my favorite renditions of him. In this illustration, Karrde looks more like how I would picture Mazzic. I think I always saw Karrde as being stalkier - more buff. I've always thought of Mazzic as being buff but more lanky.

As is, Karrde's outfit looks more like what we've seen Mazzic in.

I think I also always saw Karrde with a thicker jaw. He's supposed to be more...pirate-y than sexy (not that I'm saying Karrde looks sexy...errr...not that there is anything wrong with that...errr...shoot me now.).

I mean, I've always thought Karrde looked more rough, and Mazzic as being more chic.

-Mazz

9. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    errr...shoot me now.

KAPOW!!!

Oops, I think I only winged him - looks like he's still moving...

KAPOW! KAPOW! KAPOW!

That got 'im.

LOL! Mazz, I knew you wouldn't quite take to my version karrde... You're entirely right about how he is supposed to look, but I seem to have my own ideas there! I know he looks really different from the official pics of him, but that guy in my pic is the spit of who i imagined when i read the Thrawn books, all those years ago... Personally, I can't stand the official pics of karrde - to me they make him look like a friendly old man!

I'm probably totally wrong as to Zahn's image of the man, but I always saw him as looking very shrewd, with a hard gleam to the eye. I totally love the character - even if it seems like i've probably half made up my own version of him!!! Whenever I read Karrde, I imagine him as looking like that.

Anyway, I'm glad Shada's done the job - It took me a while coming up with the pose between the two of them... I wanted to imply a cirtain degree of intimacy, but one not entirely acknowledged by either of them.

colour version soon!

10. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    jaina solo is really taking over my site now...

Amithyst_Blade's requested scene is done. And whaddaya know? The scruffy little fighterpilot scrubs up rather well!

If young solo's not your bag, then Karrde and Shada are on hand to provide a little maturity...

check it out - link in sig as usual...

11. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Wow. Awesome pics. :D Do you paint these straight on Photoshop? They're excellent. And how did you achieve that texture...! It's just magnificent.

Love 'em!

12. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    Thanks deneveon. :)

yeah, I paint 'em straight into photoshop - I've got a wacom tablet as big as your house! Oh okay, that's probably a bit of an exageration, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. I got it off my old work...

anyone thinking of getting one - do it! It takes a small adjustment to get used to, but once you do, it opens up all sorts of possibilities.

as for the texture, i think i said somewhere else here that it's just 'add noise' from photoshop... but i forgot to mention that you have to do it at quite a large size, and then reduce it. Otherwise the noise is too sharp.

That's all really - nothing particularly clever! The BB explains a much more original technique earlier on in this thread...

13. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Hm. All right. Wacom tablet, huh? I'm looking for a new tablet, b/c my old one's er... broke. :mad: So I guess I'll check that out. :D

Once again, awesome pics.

14. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    Ta. :) I like your new Jace too - but i suppose i better head over and say that on your thread!

15. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    like that scene Duke Dogwalker - especially like the color and mood. very nice!

karrde and shada turned out great too.

and i agree - wacom tablets are the best thing ever! i love mine. i have the smaller one - 6x9. works perfect for me.

so what's next on the to do list?
    :)

-baroness

16. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    Cheers Bar!

What's next? Uh... Well I'm a bit busy up until monday... Hmmm, and then I'm off to italy next friday morning, so I haven't really got much time left before xmas! I'm gonna have to do the old challenge thingy at some point - can't let that slip by... Other than that? I dunno - I'll think of something!

Oh I'll tell you what I am gonna do though - I saw you've got a SW drawing of (I assume) yourself in your profile... I'm gonna pinch your idea and do one of me for my profile. :D I think I'll be a swoop racer...

edit:

i have the smaller one - 6x9

Hmmmmmm, size matters not...

17. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    so where's the one u drew me? i can't find it...

great picture again btw!

18. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Pinch my idea, will ya??? Well, good. Since I stole it in the first place! ;) During the summer there was a thread for creating original characters so i made a "Balinaka Baroness".

OK, went and did a little archeology - here's the thread:
    original characters thread

Swoop Racer, eh? I'm imagining it in your style - looks cool!

:)
    ~Bar

19. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    so where's the one u drew me? i can't find it...

It's in 'scenes'... (there's only three in that section - i'm sure you'll find it! ;) )

During the summer there was a thread for creating original characters so i made a "Balinaka Baroness".

The summer eh? Looks like those were heady days... howcome that sort of stuff doesn't go on any more? Anyway, I'll try not to dissapoint with my swoop design - but like you, I'm somewhat less comfotable with the mechanical stuff!

Oh, I've decided - vongies next... I want to get them right before attempting 'ganner's last stand.'

ps. just remembered.... completely irrelevant, but it's my thread so i can say what i want...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/biker_boyz/

finally, hollywood have made a really cool film. Okay, I'm a little biased on the subject matter, but hey.... Here's for some swoop racing to appear in EPIII! (wishful thinking...)

20. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    I seem to have slipped a little to the darkside somewhere along the way... I'm not sure when it happened, it just sort of did!

(I'm sure they all say that...)

[image=http://dukdog.freeservers.com/swoop.jpg]

21. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Just found your artwork, D-D! Very nicely done! Keep up the great work...

22. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
  23. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    I really like the jedi duel pic! Awesome! Keep up the good work. :)

24. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    Thankyou Skylark. :)

Hmmm, I always use that smiley face... hold on a mo.... :cool:

There. I never used that one before.

25. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    my first look at a Yuuzhan vong warrior... no specific individuals as yet, as i wasn't sure what i was going for at first...

baddies section. (of course!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.