main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Updated title to say there's info here about John Alvin

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Lufta -- glad to "see" you again!

2. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    :D

Thanks JediJustin and ValdaKor!

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Well guys and gals, looks like our fears have come true: FanBoys has in fact been pushed back (as well as TFU). I checked multiple theater listings here in NY, and none of them have showings for FanBoys today.

Bummer. :(

- Justin

4. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    A friend from out here in L.A. saw Fanboys last night. He said it's not finished yet, and apparently, one of the best parts that's in the trailer has been taken out. My friend said he hoped the bit gets put back in, because apparently it explains a lot and now the movie seems to be missing something!

5. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Hi Everyone...

<sniff> <sniff> So not fair...

Oh well, looks like a night out will just have to wait.

Thanks for caring about the hubby and I. We are both doing well, I am still very sore and I refuse to take the pain meds. I am not one who fairs well on painkillers. I dont even like Tylenol...lol. I go to the doc tomorrow for a post-op visit, I hope he free's me to do things again. The hubby is great, no problems. He has a few patches of hair missing on his head where they took out the cysts...I call him "Patches"...lol. But, no fear, because of the Laprascopy I had, I have a few small incisions, one inside my belly button and two more below. He calls me "Frankenbelly"...lol.

Glad to see Lufta is back...YIPPIE...Missed my partner in crime...lol. Happy Smurfday to you sweetie!!! MTFBWY

Hugs,

Connie

6. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Hey Helen -- any updates on the new hotel and shopping area being built across from the LA Convention Center? Last time this was discussed, I believe it was mentioned that the construction would be completed by late 2008 (but I cannot remember if this is accurate or not).

Thanks!

- Justin

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Nokia Theatre is up and running and going great guns. This is what is due to open by 10/08:

ESPN's West coast broadcast headquarters
    12 restaurants including ESPN Zone, Katsuya, Yard House, The Farm of Beverly Hills, Rosa Mexicano, Flemings, a new Wolfgang Puck concept, Starbucks
    The GRAMMY® Museum
    Club NOKIA
    The Conga Room
    Lucky Strike Bowling, the broadcast studio and the corporate office space
    2000 additional parking spaces

Unfortunately the hotels are not due to be completed until late 2009/early 2010. But at least in 2009 there will be someplace to get something to eat :).

I continue to follow the downtown L.A. blogs, which are a wealth of info.

And just FYI, for those who might of stayed there: the New Otani has undergone a (supposed) upgrade and is now called the Kyoto Grand Hotel.

8. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Well at least we'll have a place to do the Conga. Just in case anyone felt the need. Although I can picture a Jar Jar conga line somehow....

9. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    That's great news! I can see a jedi vs. stormtrooper bowling championship in the future! LoL!

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks for the news, Helen.

The added restaurants will definitely be welcomed for C5. Though I really didn't think finding places to eat was too difficult at C4, even considering the food sold at the convention. While it was pricey, at least there was some variety and you could select from more than just greasy burgers and hotdogs. We had mostly salads and wraps during the convention in addition to the snack bars we packed.

The convenient store Famima's right down the block was great and had lots to choose from - even fresh fruit.

Denny's being closed certainly didn't help though. The hotel that we stayed at for C3 had a Denny's in the same parking lot. So we hoping to hit it up again at C4.

- Justin

11. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Love it...Thanks Helen for all the info. It would be nice to have some other places to eat while there, if in fact C5 is in LA. Any word on that as of yet Helen? OR Any news about C5 at all? We need a bone here, chomping on the last bits and pieces the Rancor left for us...lol.

Hugs.
    Connie

PS...Justin...Just got a new auction of SW Ornaments...swell looking, thanks for getting me started on a new hobby!!!

YIPPIE!!!

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Haven't heard a word that's from an unimpeachable source, as it were. I've just been kinda hanging out to see if we'd hear anything officially. Time to do some unofficial digging :).

13. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Dig plese Dig...Wanna get an outlook on where we may be staying and where will be going. GO VAL GO!!!

14. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    If anybody can find out a C5 date i will be their friend for life !!!!

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Connie -- that's awesome! Soon you will have a collection of SW Christmas ornaments that rivals Master Yoda's collection! =D=

I am still trying to find the Kurt Adler Jawa holiday figure to complete my collection of fabriche figures. I've seen the Jawa listed on eBay, but the auction prices were getting too steep for my taste, especially since I know it retails for under $20 at Target where I purchased all of the other figures in the past. Oh well, I just have to keep my fingers crossed that a reasonable auction listing comes around before this Christmas.

This is just my opinion, but my bet says we hear the first official C5 announcement sometime this summer. I certainly hope it comes sooner, but that would be the timeframe I would sort of expect.

C5 cannot come fast enough...

- Justin

16. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey Justin...Is that the Hallmark Jawa Figure you are looking for? If so, I will check my Hallmark here for you, they have a mess of Star Wars ornaments on clearance. Let me know and we can work out the details.\

C5 "You sunk my Star Destroyer" ... lol

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Connie -- no I am looking for the Kurt Adler Jawa fabriche figure from Target. That is the final piece I need to complete the collection.

Here is a link to it: http://www.kurtadler.com/consumer_catalog/product_detail.php/pid=303380~subid=154116/index.html

We already own the Hallmark 30th anniversary Jawa ornament. But thank you anyway for the kind gesture!! =D=

You're lucky - all of the Target and Wal-Mart stores here in NY are completely out of their Christmas stock. Not a single item remains from their holiday line, even on Clearance.

- Justin

18. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    LOL...

Justin...the only reason we have merchandise available is because I live on the outer rings...lol. I live in a suburb of Y-Town, and so whatever my Hallmark has goes on clearance for a while. I am going to have to check out that link. Not to make you sick to your stomache, but when I picked up my Star Wars ornamnents at Target, I passed on a glass looking Yoda ornament. I sure hope it is not the same one...lol.

Hugs,
    Connie

19. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Nope, not the same one, thank goodness. However, that does look dang cute. Now I want one. This is an obsession now, I think I will need to go to Star Wars Rehab...lol.

Hugs,
    Connie

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - at least it is a good obsession, right? Nothing wrong with scouring the retail galaxy for SW treasures! [face_laugh]

- Justin

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm lucky... I'm pretty much done. Aside from the books and the comics, there is not much out there for me (Padme stuff). I'm waiting on that one Sideshow maquette. Who knows if there will be anything after that.

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LucasArts decision to push back the release of TFU until August has me a little upset. Not that the game was in fact delayed - this usually results in a more well polished game in the end. But the fact that it was pushed back until August is what bothers me. August is when we will all be getting hyped up for the release of the new Clone Wars animated series (and the possible rumored theatrical release of the first three episodes).

I would have preferred LucasArts to have chosen a different month to release TFU instead of cramming two huge Star Wars events into one single month. I just think that each of these events deserves their own "time in the limelight" in terms of a release month and all the associated coverage and excitement that comes with a new SW event such as these.

Now we don't know why August was chosen as the scheduled release month for TFU - production delays or cost factors may have played into that decision. But all things being equal, I would have much rather have seen LucasArts separate TFU and The Clone Wars release months. Spread it out for us die-hard fans and extend the SW hype and anticipation throughout 2008 a little more.

- Justin

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Hey Helen -- Not sure if you saw this already, but I saw this posted earlier today and thought you would be very interested.

It is the new SW Evolutions The Padme Amidala Legacy 3-Pack of figures.

Here's the link for pre-order at Toys R Us: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2886439#prod_prodinfo

I think this would make a great addition to your Padme Amidala collection. :)

- Justin

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Justin, thanks so much for that link! I haven't been keeping up with the figures, and I would have missed it, I'm sure.

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    You're very welcome, Helen! I'm a big fan of the Evolution figure sets, so this update grabbed my attention right away.

- Justin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.