main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Census [Updating Poll] Have you had Covid at least once?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Pensivia, Jan 20, 2023.

?

Have you had Covid at least once? (that you know of)

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Since the previous thread's poll is no longer relevant, I thought I'd create a new one.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Still somehow have not had Covid that I know of. I have tested anytime I was sick with anything. And during the first half of 2022 I tested every week as well. Nothing. My whole family has gotten it. Hell my roommate got it last semester still nothing.

3. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth SOS & 7X Hangman Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    I've gotten twice now :rolleyes:...

I will say the second time around wasn't anywhere closed to being as bad as the first time. Also the second time around I noticed it hits more with "after effects"...

4. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    I haven't had it yet either, which definitely surprises me.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I've never tested positive but am pretty sure I had it in April of 2020.

6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Once last summer. I was pretty sick between Christmas and New Years but I didn't test. It would have been too disheartening if I was positive again just 6 months later and after getting yet another booster in October. I wasn't going anywhere so I just stayed home and didn't test. And we have plenty of tests I just didn't want to know. Probably wasn't Covid because last time one person brought it home we all got sick. This time it was just me.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still suspect I will and basically everyone unless you literally live under a rock will get it eventually. At least a symptomatic version.

mite hard to know if you have an asymptomatic version of course unless your testing.

8. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Once, and still rather fortunate that to my knowledge most of my family hasn't. I've only heard about one cousin getting COVID, around the same time that I did back in spring 2022.
    To my knowledge, most of my family has been careful enough that they've been able to be lucky for the rest of it.

Runjedirun likes this.
  9. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    I think a lot of my immediate colleagues (the ones in my unit/building) have had it. I don't have an exact count but I do think it's a clear majority of them. I have a small family (even considering "extended" family members, like my sister's kids paternal grandparents), but most of them have had it. Like me, my husband hasn't had it either.

Granted, we don't do a lot of social events* , we both do a lot of our work from home, and we still wear masks in a number of public situations, but I'm still surprised.

(*not because of covid risks, though...unfortunately, we just don't have a lot of social friends who live in our area)

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Everyone else I was living with was infected this past December, I had mild symptoms for 2-3 days, but I never tested positive. The others didn't test positive until several days into their illnesses, so I guess my viral load was never enough.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    To my knowledge I haven't had it, and I've had five vaccine doses. I also wear masks in public/especially on transport (kn 95).

My parents whom I see nearly every day have had it, and I was around them right before they tested positive, but they isolated right away and so did I. That was my closest call so far.

I did have a case of probable RSV (tested negative at the hospital for flu and covid). That lasted longer and was worse than my parents' Covid. Wish I had had a vaccine for that.

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I like the previous poll was 36-30 in favor of yes, and the new one is currently 9 yes and 10 no. Perhaps suggesting that the first people to respond to an internet poll are less likely to be interacting with infectable people

mnjedi, DarthRelaxus and Runjedirun like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had it two years ago and I’m surprised that was the only time.

14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Once, Aug 2022 while fully Pfizer vaccinated with booster.
    Day 1 lethargic and headache, next day fever and unable to leave bed, third day low grade fever and mostly okay, fourth day a little run down, fifth almost back to normal.

15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I had it just before Christmas 2020. No vaccines were available, and aside from a cough for a few days and some fatigue I spent the later part of my quarantine period waiting to see if it was going to worsen.

There was talk at the time that people were feeling improvements in their symptoms, but then on day five or so they were getting a second severe wave.

16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I’d also like to mention that I had no cold symptoms like a cough, runny nose or shortness of breath.

17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    James Cameron needs at least 97% of JCC’ers to test positive or there will not be an Avatar 3

Pensivia and Rylo Ken like this.
  18. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth SOS & 7X Hangman Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    #Lockdown 2023

It's for the greater good!

Pensivia likes this.
  19. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    March/April of 2020 and January of 2021. Got my shots in April 2021 and haven't had it at all since.

20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I’ve definitely altered the places I go, and how I interact with people when I’m out.

Darth Guy likes this.
  21. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Yes, I had it in October, and in my case it was NBD. I've been much sicker with tonsillitis and flu (even when I've been vaccinated) than I ever was with Covid. A week off work (office job, mostly WFH) was all I needed. Although I must admit that it took about a month for me to recover to the point that I didn't get out of breath just walking upstairs. I'm back to living more or less as I did before Covid, with the caveat that I still mostly WFH. But I only wear a mask when I go for a medical appointment, where it's still strongly recommended if not mandatory.

22. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Force Ghost star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Had it twice but each one was different to the other. Both mild cases thankfully.
    First time, slight upset stomach and loss of taste. No coughing or anything.
    Second time, like a moderate cold.
    First time was in 2020, second time in 2022. So I guess original version and newer version.
    I have four shots, pfizer and moderna.

Bye for now.
    Old Stoneface

23. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Officially? No.
    Unofficially I think I had it Jan 2020.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I got it in November 2020, and was incredibly sick for about two weeks. Then I had a low-grade fever until January 2021, when I got very sick again for a day, and woke up feeling fine for the first time in two months the next morning.
    Still suffer some mental health issues from it - anxiety, and I'm guessing some kind of post-traumatic stress, as I literally had flashbacks after I had my Moderna booster. Woke up every fifteen minutes all night, convinced that I was back in 2020, and had never recovered. Not a pleasant experience.

I think I had a mild case early last year as well, but didn't get tested.

25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I had it in March 2022, like a bad cold, and then _I think I had it in October 2022. My husband had it, and we had both been at a party where a lot of people tested positive. I didn't get any real symptoms and didn't test myself, but I was really tired and for two weeks and couldn't do any regular excercise without feeling really fatigued.